Please don't change Etched Sigil

It’s been said before, but I think it needs to be said again. I am shocked that this change wasn’t nixed after the first PTR round. Please don’t do this.

Etched Sigil is a unique and fun mechanic, and 150% is a reasonable bonus for spenders.

19 Likes

i just want to second this. etched sigil has a unique mechanic. you’re removing a unique mechanic that gave us freedom to be creative and forcing another choice for us. please stop doing that. deathwish is already boring and people hate how ubiquitous it is. change that instead.

13 Likes

i also want to second this.

Show some love for mages instead of indirectly punching their teeth out while trying to bandage their arm

9 Likes

Blizzard please!!! do not change the SIGIlll

listen to the fanbase

9 Likes

the change to etched sigil disgusts me. it killed many builds.

14 Likes

the change to etched sigil disgusts me. it killed many builds.

Making every build a channeling build is not a solution, it was the problem in first place.

3 Likes

And hardly anyone would argue with that. Only that Blizzard chose one of the worst ways to go about handling it (assuming that was their intent).

8 Likes

And hardly anyone would argue with that. Only that Blizzard chose one of the worst ways to go about handling it (assuming that was their intent).

100% agree, i am wondering why Blizzard getting it (Wiz Balance) wrong so many times. Yes some suggestions from the community are too much work (like creating a lot of new Items). They could achieve a way better balance by changing some numbers.

I guess, I am not the only one wondering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m wondering why so many people are complaining abut the changes to Etched Sigil and how it’s supposedly broken so many Wizard builds.

I wonder, have any of you actually tried to play with the new Etched Sigil? I have. And it’s worked out better than I though possible.

I’m looking forward for when 2.6.10 finally goes live, so I can find out just exactly how far I can go with a Wizard when playing in ways even I never originally thought of.

1 Like

Why not tell us about your build?

Items and skills used in it.
How you play it etc.

Change to etched sigil gave twisters approximately 2 gr (from 150% to 250%), while simultaneously destroying meteor and explosive blast (neither benefit from channeling and autocasts anymore).

No one would be angry if Blizzard had provided buffs to these two builds. Instead, they are dead and twisters has now 4 multipliers for 3 slots (deathwish, etched, valthek, twisted sword). Fantastic design. How is it a fix for the wizard class, please do enlighten me. And why is 2.6.10 better than simply making 250% etched for all skills, since blizzard is too lazy to fix meteor and explosive blast.

6 Likes

Honestly there’s not much point to do so, after all, it functions more or less the same mechanically speaking, with the only difference being that it’s new effect pertains to Energy Twister only.

If on the abysmally low off-chance that Blizzard does revert the Etched Sigil’s change, just about any builds that were created during the ptr that utilized Energy Twister would remain functionally the same (albeit slightly lowered damage if Etched Sigil was reverted without also upping the damage multiplier to 250%).

2 Likes

#ELM EtchedSigilsMatter xD

1 Like

I’d guess that it leaves some room for improvement for the future, as etched sigil was one of the big offenders for balance overall. Leave it alone and people would try to find ways of putting it into several builds, encouraging channel builds again.

Now, maybe they can get around fixing tal rashas and firebirds, possibly giving us an actual channel build, one that doesn’t cast other spells, or fix tal rashas, fine tuning the meteor game play.

They got to 3 different builds this patch, which is quite a lot already, I just hope they finetune them before release.

I would normally not have anything negative to say for your reasoning. But how they’ve handled wizard has been anything but normal during the past 3 years, so I’m not that optimistic. I’ll be delighted if next patch proves me wrong.

1 Like

Well, let’s hope for the best.

1 Like

Don’t need to change the Sigil i think it is possible to add a completely new item instead for new bonus

1 Like

Mages generally are my least played class in RPGs and even I will say this change felt like a bad idea. I went to have a look at my wizard (whom I’ve played least) in PTR, to view the changes and effects on gameplay and I instantly lost interest.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity : How many of you who keep asking not to change Etched Sigil, has commented on other threads to nerf X or Y item because it’s “too OP” , or it makes X or Y class too powerful and it clears higher GR’s then your …main char…?

I could check some profiles on here, but I will just go ahead and take your words on it! :slight_smile:

PS: In before …“but this is SOMETHING ELSE”, yea…no!

1 Like

Exactly zero times, ever in any PTR for any class and my history is open for anyone. What’s your point?

2 Likes