Please critique my Barb IK Seismic Slam Build

Hi Friends, Just finished my first chapter 3 season. Fun stuff. I was hoping for a critique on my build and what I can do to make it better. I know I need to farm ingredients for the Kanai Cube so I can add to that. Need to upgrade my shoulders too. Any other tips or feedback you can add?

My Barb IK Build

Hey there, Reyloads.

Not sure what kind of feedback you’re looking for. The IK set is very versatile and works well to quickly slap together a T13+ build with whatever drops at low levels. If you’re enjoying this build and want to optimize it, that’s pretty simple. Use 6 pieces of the IK armor set, equip Vanished Peak and Bracers of Destruction, and use the Permafrost rune on Seismic Slam. You’ll also need to stack Cold % on amulet and bracer. This will let you spam Slam if you equip the Fury of the Ancients shoulder.

That said, there is no end-game viable IK Slam build. Creativity and innovation doesn’t work long term in D3; sets only buff a select number of skills, and they railroad you into how you optimize a build. In other words, for every set, there’s basically 1 or 2 “right” ways to play it, and a lot of “wrong” ways.

For a Slam build, the Might of the Earth set is way more powerful. If you’re interested in playing a truly powerful Slam-focused build, check out the stickied guide for Pro-Slam in this forum.

You may also want to read through the New Player’s guide. It’s full of helpful information.

Good luck!

5 Likes