PlayStation Leader Boards Topped by Cheaters?

Looking at the Console leaderboards for greater rifts on PlayStation, all the top slots across all classes are using three gems in almost all their equipment slots, including bracers, gloves, shoulders, etc… They even changed the names of a lot of the gear. The person at number 7 on the DH leaderboard for a GR150 only has six pieces of gear slotted and all six pieces have three gems slots. The helm is named prodigy, neck hell, rings fire and carnage, etc…

I looked it up. It is definitely not a seasonal thing. I do not see a way to individually report players on console. There are so many that it would take forever. This is obviously a rampant cheat of some sort. Would someone please look at the top of your PlayStation leaderboards and fix this, please?

2 Likes

It’s been pretty thoroughly discussed on the forum here. Nothing yet to my knowledge in the way of acknowledgement by Blizz or Sony. No doubt we’ll keep seeing these reports. There is the console bug forum if anyone wants to report there too.

If you look at the top character on the Witch Doctor board, the person has literally turned the pieces names into an ad for the cheat service. How can they not ban hammer the heck out of it?

modders cheating…

You can’t report players on the PS4 unless they are in your friends list. Sony has no mechanism and isn’t interested (I’ve butted heads and argued with Sony over this). My advice - do what I’ll be doing and switch to XBOX.

Blizzard doesn’t give a flying you know what. That’s how. Nor does Sony. Banning PSNs means Sony loses $$$$ from subscriptions. $$$$ more important to Sony than dealing with cheaters.

Blizzard simply doesn’t want to deal with it. Too much time and effort and money to ban cheaters on the LBs (btw, Blizzard controls the LB servers). If anyone tells you Sony controls them, they are full of it. I can 100% guarantee that the LB servers are controlled by Blizzard.

Simple solution
– let console cheaters have their fun
– just ban them from leaderboards (less legal issue)

1 Like

I dont think anyone will disagree with that suggestion.

On PlayStation and rest consoles cheats and 3 socket gear are common problems.
Un talent people with total blindness.
Not only ruin Adventure Mode with all this 3 sockets items, but 2 seasons now destroy leaderboards.
I don’t understand how Blizzard billion company can’t resolve this.
But what I am writing…. all this items exist on game code (Yeap inside the game code).
Don’t know why but exist.

People previously create multiple PS Communities and trade all that 3 socket items , now Facebook pages are on fire everyday with the common people that “promote or sell items and even complete save files with Season option”
To promote ok do what you want dear un talent player
To sell the Blizzard game code ???

Seems mother is on deep sleep and let some idiots to profit from the game.

Anyway because already over analyse on multiple times.
Blizzard seems don’t care at all, we forced to eat them on face everyday all this commons idiots.

1 Like

Nihil novi. You live under a rock?

Simple fix, rename leader to cheater, and then after one season, remove them completely.

yeah nah. Cheating is cheating and they should be punished.

I have heard some games give hidden achievements/trophies to cheaters to permanently ID them to everyone else. Or, one game that allows you to play but you can never leave the first room as simply approaching the door causes your character to die (which would be hilarious for hardcore mode.)

2 Likes

I stand corrected :wink:

hahaha funny! Or they could give them Mel Brooks history of the world part 1 treatment… “Stick a live snake up their @$$” hahahahah

1 Like

hahaha that’d be awesome. If it flashes up on screen “you’re a loser” that’d be even better. IN BIG BOLD WRITING for better effect.

zero tolerance. End of story.

Imagine thinking they will ban console accounts. Lmao. Guess again. If you arre concerned of leaderboards diablo isnt the game for you on console.

Not a great surprise there :slight_smile:

do you also tolerate murderers and rapists? Cheaters are doing the wrong thing. Whilst cheaters are far less “criminals” than murderers or rapists, the basics are the same - they all are doing something socially wrong. We punish murderers and rapists, why does society shy away from punishing other people who break social rules?

edit: Singapore uses zero tolerance and has one of the lowest crime rates in the world…contrast this with the US where it’s a free for all :wink:

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: lololol. Thinking cheaters are the same as rapists. I haven’t read something this dumb in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

Come on man, don’t be too harsh, if he can’t show mom his anonymous battletag on a leaderboard when she comes down to the basement then what meaning does his life have? Letting cheaters and exploiters take that away from him is a literal crime against humanity.

It matters most on the leaderboards and there is broad support for that with it being both competitive and highly visible… addressing that is hard enough without going after what there isn’t a lot of visibility of.

Another side of it is how much do each affect other people. People doing stuff on there on time in their own space… not sure it goes much beyond that outside of leaderboards in this game. Only impact I can think of is where people might come online and talk about their achievements. As long as it’s declared, it doesnt really bother me… if the game declared it, I’d prefer that… but we’re miles away from that… accounts aren’t even validated here.