Playing WW, post Lamentation nerf

Not really. The Wastes set gives 3 multipliers to Rend that you can’t get elsewhere, so for Rend it’s either Wastes or Bust.

Hola Barb Nerds. For those of those testing on live, I was wondering if I just wanna chill and not care much. Is Wastes with BK pure phys (blood funnel) pretty ez for decent level GRs? Like 110s?

I hate the lag and nonsense single target with front loading WW damage and I sure as hell don’t feel like doing some hybrid crap (even though it may be the best way)

If I were to pick just rend wastes with BK and blood funnel would I have a pretty easy time just playing casually next season?

I haven’t been a big pusher in a really long time… I just like finding items lol.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for all of the effort boys. :slight_smile:

short answer, no.
It is ok 100-105, fairly fast with good gear and augs, etc.
It’s just not where it needs to be at those gr lvls.

No. Casual 110s are gonna fish.

100-105, yes, depending on Paragon.

Longer answer–you can do 110 with the previous build, so it should be a bit easier with Rend. Last season using Wastes and Crimson’s my 1300 paragon barb cleared a 110. It wasn’t a walk in the park, but it wasn’t a long term fishing project either.

So then I should maybe expect speed 90s and floating in the low hundreds with pure phys? Or is that still an over-estimation? Assuming relative augments for that level and 1000ish paragon?

With the old build I could do 90’s right around 3-3.5 minutes. For pushing, 105 seemed like where I started needing to work at it and advance after upgrades.

Okay thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I can create a barb for bounties and speed farming and create a crusader for easy higher level gems.

I appreciate the answers.

P.S. I’m going to be triggered if Monk “whirlwind” is better at ww then barbs lol… that WKL buff seems really nice for speed farming

That’s prolly doable at 1000p.

1 Like

Don’t even…

(extra chars…)

1 Like

Guys?

I one-keyed 114 at P1874 (16k mainstat, gems att 11X-12X). Three floors (a bad pandemonium with useless power, ok desert and then festering filled with impalers but a nice 3-pack conduit). Guardian was eskandiel. >2 mins remaining

Okay-ish gear but far from good. Low/no augments, etlitch amu, badly rolled shoulders (AD from WW build), WW% in boots. Used 5WW/3CC, mortick, zodiac, BoM, good Istvans (cdr/dmg, high dmg rolls both). Diamonds all over and still proc NoS multiple times and died once due to impalers (and despite etlitch). In this specific run, FoT would not add anything of value.

Skills: wind shear, bloodbath, Into the Fray, veteran’s warning, wrenching smash, Insanity. Passives: ruthless, rampage, NoS, Boon.

At my level it’s around at least 8-10 gr behind chantodo (rough estimate since chantodo I have 21k mainstat but I’m also a lot better at playing it). Finishing off elites is impossible with rend even at that low level, you really need to drag them along.

My feeling is that it’s the best setup for low-mid paragons. CoE instead of BoM at high probably.

CC adds 55% dmg and around 28% dr. Full WW + CoE/BoM/PoC would be 200% burst damage (50% average) and 50% dr (IP), harder to manage cooldowns but better healing.

I’m at ~1500 paragon and mostly ancient/augmented gear, and I can do 100’s in about 4-5 minutes. I’ve done two 110’s, one in 12 minutes and one in 14. The rend damage just disappears at about 106. Its a shame, since its such an enjoyable set to play.

Yes for speeds the changes are great. Once Rend stops one shoting trash the build is trash.

1 Like

I know it is not a fair comparison ( I did not par take in this PTR) but I went from WW having no chance in 103 (HC) to having a chance at downing a 111. I get that it was more powerful before the change but for me it still feels nice overall.

At the low 100 lvls Rend is still one shoting trash mobs for the most part. That is why your seeing the nice increase in lvl clears. Once you find your true push lvl the damage does almost nothing. I fished today for a decent 120 and got two almost perfect maps and the elites would not die. I dragged them the entire map. At one point I had 5 elites in one pile with all trash dead at the end on the map. No/low area damage causes this problem.

Yes I see that now, I thought there might be more to it, I guess not.
It just seemed so odd that I had no trouble clearing a GR level, then can’t kill the Elites in the very next level.
Thanks and good luck.

Ok, with the re-buffing of Lamentation, everybody can ignore what I wrote in the OP. Rend damage will again be large enough that it is best to ignore WW and simply try to maximize damage from Rend.

This means dropping Skull Grasp, and running with Zodiac, CoE, and either BoM + Mantle or RoRG + CC.

2 Likes

Any info in the possible bug interaction between ambo rends ?
I think is somehow bugged because sometimes random proc and sometimes not, also i feels like the double stacking of lamentation is not working as intended, which results in less damage in most situations.

Hmm, I’m not sure what you mean. Can you clarify what you’re seeing?