Phalanx/Condemn Notes 2.7.4

Thanks dmkt. This is all super good to know. I noticed that someone just handily cleared GR 150 in NS, in fact…i.e., confirming that Phalanx now surpasses H-Bomb/LoN Bomb.

One question: do the +15% Condemn bonuses on shoulders and chest armor stack with damage, or am I better off going with defensive stats on those two?

Quite disappointing that the highest clear isn’t really a pet build. It seems more like a mine build that you place that you hope the Rift Guardian steps on :laughing:

I did quick observation and it looked like it was posting higher numbers. I just depleted my bounty mats for Condemn % on shoulders, so it better work =P

Also I did the GR147, I believe if I spend enough time I can get a GR150 down. The build I have is final too. I don’t think the Endless Walk setup is better.

Lastly, I did a little trial and error by not taking Stone Gauntlets – used Strongarms instead, it was survivable… but you have to be extremely careful – maybe higher paragon can pull it off.

I read on Max Roll, condemn from phalanx did not proc Holy Cause. So you may have another passive slot.

Do you have some insights regarding Rift Guardians? I was playing around with some positioning yesterday and it seems you can manipulate the Shield Bearers to some extent and some bosses can be stuck in a good spot, IF you don’t move from it. This would of course mean that we kind of need to be able to facetank everything the RG throws at us. There may be a more defensive setup that works overall better, since our damage on trash can escalate quite extremely in this build and even for trash at times it is very beneficial to be able to remain in your position.

Another thing I’ve played around with is using Condemn Vacuum myself. I would essentially run around and make a big pull before starting to use Judgment as I felt pulling enemies was the biggest weakness of the build during trash clearing.

I take Holy Cause for the weapon damage mainly.

Yes, you need to reserve a pylon for the boss, even if it’s a Conduit. (or if you’re going ultimate push… hope for Hamelin.)

I will share a video soon.

1 Like

%condemn is multiplicative with %phalanx, but additive with overall% (strongarms, 2-h passive, holy cause & so on).

2 Likes

It doesn’t play as smoothly without Kasser. You need it to keep the second half of the focus/restraint damage up. I tried without and was very noticable. You guys saying +phalanx damage isn’t working?

Yes, the damage part of it isn’t working. Also make sure you’re using the correct build, most importantly AC: Rally, that way you should reset the CD of AC much faster than Phalanx would come off CD by themselves, even with WoK, in fact when you group up a significant amount of mobs it spirals and you get a sea of Phalanx. The only part where the CDR of WoK would help a bit is with the RG, but for any trash you should not need more CDR for Phalanx.

1 Like

is it working on other things? Helm, boots, shield, skills?

Yes, those are working fine, Condemn% rolls as well, it just seems to be an issue with the legendary effect of WoK.

Okie dokie, thank you. Hopefully they fix it before it goes live. That’s like 50% of Big Stick Inna type damage, lol.

Posted the Kassar and other bugs to the bug report.

oh wow. i just realized everyone is using Rally instead of Prophet, lol.

Yes I’m trying the pushing build right now. The loop is AC resets Phalanx which resets AC. The trash clearing is insane since you can set multiple shieldbearers. However, if the boss slightly moves or if the boss doesn’t spawn his own minions you’re in for a tough fight.

ok, the aughild thing feels pretty good now that I have rally, lol. I was wondering why everyone was QQing about it being squishy, and im allrunning prophet the whole time.

Rally brings it all together.

Going back to this post from the PTR Feedback Forum

The live version of Shield Bearer is:

• Shield Bearer: GR149 [Enforcer, Aughild, Stone Gaunts]
    2.1 * 1.6 * 1.3 / ~1.15 = 3.80x or +8GRs

The 1.3 multiplier is Condemn % damage which wasn’t working on PTR v2, it is worth +2GRs since it is technically a separate multiplier. From a performance standpoint, this build is S-Tier. I can attest it also carries well in groups, just be sure to remove all Area Damage and don’t pull too large without a zbarb to keep you alive. It’s funny to see who lives after the lag.

Interesting how it has changed. I’m not sure I can give it s-tier status though. It’s a lot harder when you take out your paragons. I like Rally, although it was fun having a free cheat death every 3 seconds.

At under 2-3k paragon you just switch guardians in now for the aughild’s. That should give you around 25k strength

If I compare it to Reakor - because I was curious - I just did a 140 at 12:55. I did a 136 in 12:43 with Phalanx. Both very similar maps with similar pylons and monsters. Both bosses had adds. Both characters geared well although I have a non ancient shield on the sader.

I’d give Reakor a 3.5/4 GR lead.