Pets don't count toward kill streak

WD pet kills don’t add to the kill streak on the buff. Not sure if this is intended, but the Dogs aren’t happy. I utilize pets to do most of the dirty work, so this does not sit well with me.

6 Likes

I had a similar experience. The dogs did count towards hits when I only had dogs out but as soon as I levelled and added Garg & Fetish, none of my pets counted at all.

+1. Pets are not working with the season buff. Not refreshing or getting kills counted.

Having the same issue with my singularity mages.

1 Like

Hydra does not sustain / refresh stack count for the seasonal bonus.

EDIT (10/20/2019): Kills from Hydra also do not contribute to stack count for seasonal bonus.

This needs to be addressed! Most necro builds use pets of some sort, and all WD builds use pets (except Jade Harvester).

1 Like

This does seem like a bug. Sending this report over.

Please keep up the detailed reports! If it’s working with some pets but not others, that’s definitely worth calling out.

4 Likes

I don’t explain things well, so I’m used to being misunderstood/ignored. Unless I’m passionate about it. As a person who mains a WD, this really doesn’t work with the season theme. The other thing I noticed was that followers who killed the monsters also do not count toward the streak.

If the whole season theme is going to be centered around multiple kill streaks, all sources that are capable of dealing damage should be accepted. It’s these little bits of code that can have a huge impact on the game.

It’s also not working if a Marauder’s turrets get the kill and/or the turret hits the mob before the DH kills it.

So most pets from ALL classes kill the streak? Hmmm. Are there any other pets that are affected? As stated previously, all class pets MAY be affected. I know WD, Necro, DH, Wiz are for sure. What about Crus, Monk and Barb?

The witch doctor pets doesn´t activate the bonus.

P.D: Sorry for my english, I´am spanish.

EDIT: removed so I could create separate bug report. Linking here though:

Monks are also affected, Mystic Allys does kills does not up the kill count buff, nor do they refresh the buff when they attack.