Perusoe's Testing Grounds

Quoting horizontal line, (actually double-line), to see if it wraps or could use some extra characters.

I hope you have plenty of :popcorn: and :beer:! (hehe)

Okay. No problem then. Like I said, I don’t know what an β€œanchor” is anyway. However, I guess I know a little more than I did. :wink:

Edit 1: Okay the double horizontal line quoted without wrapping. In fact, it appears it could use maybe 8 extra characters. Although, I’m not sure if the eighth character would be the quote border. Let’s try it.

Horizontal line extended:

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Of course, I’ll have to quote it in a new post to see if it works.

Thanks. Always good to have something to reference.

Pachimari’s ultimate guide has sample for anchor and many others.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/the-ultimate-forum-guide-codes-trust-levels-faq/39

The problem you’re running into is that the <hr> element’s width and height arguments are not supported in this iteration of Discourse, presumably due to that function using the HTML 5 version rather than HTML 4, and those arguments are removed in HTML 5.

Told you it’s fun, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

That only covers the super basic anchor. It doesn’t cover embedding it. That requires paying attention to which element(s) you’re trying to put it in. For instance, you can’t put an anchor inside any part of a <table> except for a specific <td> element, as only <td> can have virtually any element/data type inside of the cell. Attempting to put the anchor anywhere inside a table other than the <td> element results in the browser automatically rendering the anchor outside of the table entirely at the top for WC3 compatibility.

@Perusoe If you’re trying to control the width of the horizontal line, you’re out of luck here. This iteration of Discourse won’t let you do so manually outside of trial and error. Anywhere else and you could do <hr width="xx%"> as seen here.

Okay. It wrapped in the previous post, so I’m sure it’ll wrap even more when quoted. (As I will find out as soon as I click β€œReply”).

I will start by removing one character at a time.

Adjusted double horizontal line:

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Edit 1: Okay. I can already see that the quoted line is 5 characters too long. So, I’m going to remove 4 more characters from it before testing again.

β€œDid I get it?! Did I get it?!” (Quote from old Angel TV episode)

Edit 1: One last test. I’m going to add one more character back, just to see if it causes the line to wrap.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Still working on my morning coffee (at noontime). It didn’t occur to me to just use the quote button on the Reply Editor toolbar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: Adding another character.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Edit 3: And one more.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Edit 4: Okay. The one in β€œEdit 2:” seems to be the one I’m looking for.

Let’s make sure I β€œgrabbed” the right one:

:arrow_up: That’s the one! :arrow_up:

@TheTias

Thanks.
It looks like the MD version doesn’t work. :frowning:

Now, I just need to know how to do that Rollup thing.
The Acronyms page has some big tables ( [Wiki] Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions! )

EDIT The author may only want the Historical Section as a rollup and not the tables.

While that post could definitely use <details> for the tables (it’s super long otherwise), the lack of ability to automate opening/closing based on trigger events means it should probably be left alone for now. Without CSS to enable events, users would have to manually open and close the flyouts.

Edit: Howeeeeeeeeeeeever, once I’m done with what I’m hunkered down with right now, I could get details set up while still allowing anchor use. That’d significantly squish the starting size of the post to not be so daunting.

What happens on mobile devices?

I’m assuming that you are using a computer to formulate your layouts here, and presumably on a typical widescreen setup.

Phones and such might not look the same correct? Just wondered if you are taking that into account when setting yourself up with the maximum for wrap on one type of device.

Unless I’m overthinking it.

Game on.

The forum automatically adjusts for mobile devices. In fact, Discourse is actually designed for mobile first, not desktop use. We’ll get a real test of that pretty soon though. :wink:

Oh, didn’t see your post. I have already given your sample code there.

You gave the sample code where, the acronym list post? I already changed the anchors there myself. Took three minutes.

Not anchor.

This, in Acronyms post:

Sample Code
<details>
<summary>Change Log</summary>

||||
| :-: | :-- | :-- |
| Date | By | Change |
| 07/13/2019 | xxx | newly created |
| 07/14/2019 | yyy | add Change Log section |

</details>

Output:

Change Log
Date By Change
07/13/2019 xxx newly created
07/14/2019 yyy add Change Log section

Yeah, I saw that. See my post. :slight_smile:

New table test. This is for shorter tables, like for maximum Stash Tabs. I’m going to try something new. Something that will allow me to have one β€œcolumn” for the heading and centered without having to designate two separate tables.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Maximum Stash Tabs
Diablo III =
+ 4 Stash Tabs
Reaper of Souls =
+ 2 Stash Tabs
Rise of the Necromancer =
+ 2 Stash Tabs
Complete Conqueror Chapter in 5 Seasons =
+Μ² Μ²5Μ² Μ²SΜ²tΜ²aΜ²sΜ²hΜ² Μ²TΜ²aΜ²bΜ²sΜ²
Total current =
13 Stash Tabs

I will edit this post again. Possibly several times. Right now I just want to see what I’ve got so far.

Just saw this. Thanks.

use β€œcolspan” attribute.
e.g.

<tr>
    <th colspan="3"><b>Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Maximum Stash Tabs</b></th>
    </tr>

Edit: seems not working as expected… let me see
Edit 2: colspan should be inside <th>; but still not working…

That didn’t change anything. Thanks anyway.

I’ve edited my previous post so much, it’s starting to ask me for a reason I’m editing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry that I gave you wrong code. The colspan should be inside <th>, not in <tr>.

But even put inside <th>, it doesn’t work as expected.

Perhaps Discourse doesn’t support this attribute. :thinking:

That’s okay. I think I can get what I want by designating two tables, like I did for the Greater Rifts to Game Difficulties table. The only problem with that is the lines separating the columns tend to be different lengths. But, I can live with that.

Testing below.

Deleted

Well, that just resulted in the same results I got without designating separate tables. Possibly because the title (header text) is so long.

I’ll just stick to what I have so far. It’s good enough for D3 forum work. :wink:

Or more likely it’s using the HTML 5 version which requires CSS. As I noted above, it’s a mishmash of HTML 4 and HTML 5 syntax support. For those elements that it uses in HTML 5 mode, none of the HTML 4 arguments will work and vice versa (see: <details> (HTML 5 only) and anchors (HTML 4 only)).

I was referencing HTML5 Tutorial sample code. :disappointed_relieved: