Personal thoughts on DH ethereals

First off, love eths in general.

Buriza: Yeah, its great with GoD, and pretty awesome for Marauders too. I was worried about the freeze, but it actually helps with the update crits.

Windforce: Works great with Natalya since RoV is an archery skill, and of course for UE MS. Also use it like I would a Yang’s for speeds for GoD, bounties, and vaults. Cluster Arrow builds work nicely too.

Doomslinger: Works with Nats set bow, allowing you to dual wield when using N6x4 builds (N6M4, N6G4, N6U4) or replacing a quiver to give extra CHD. It works best with a quiver power or dawn power. Though not as powerful, its still an upgrade, and introduces the most flexibility in builds. Love it.

Negatives: I’ve posted this before, but I’ll say it again. Impale on bows is just too underpowered. I used almost everything else to satisfactory or really nice results. Even with great affixes, the base impale ability is just terrible. If impale was tripled or more in power, that would make it usable, otherwise, both impale powers should be removed from the eth bow list. If this unbalances Shadow for a season, just lower the unsightly 6 piece multiplier a little afterwards.

2 Likes

Only 10th post in PTR about Impale and Shadow being useless…
No1 cares KEKW

Glad peeps agree with this opinion on impale. I mostly wanted to give my thoughts both positive and negative, and if some peeps don’t care, it’s their own business/loss.

The problem is that one of the ethereals should’ve been a melee weapon. Shadow set requires a melee weapon equipped, otherwise the 2p bonus won’t activate and you’ll lose a huge 61x damage multiplier.

Shadow Impale was doomed to be the big loser at the very moment when all DH ethereals were decided to be ranged.

Agreed, but if the base power of impale is tripled, as I suggest, it would give peeps incentive to play Shadow, even without eths, as well as allow peeps to use impale bow eths without shadow.