Performance issues

This may be more of a question for developers.

I don’t think I have a weak machine:
i7-8700
16 GB RAM
M.2 SSD
Win 10 for x64
RTX 2070 8 GB
4K monitor

But in 4K, the game is unplayable. For 60 fps I have to move the resolution slider to a quarter! (does it mean full hd?) and other settings just high instead of very high.

I know that this is only an alpha version so far, so I believe that the optimization will be better in beta and in the final version (even after a few updates) the game will run at 60 fps in max settings in 4K on similar sets.

what shadow said exactly, if you are able to test it right now my guess is you are using some non optimal means to do so, wait for the main release it should be supported naturally and also optimized by then by nvidia, not to mention you are probably using an old alpha version that should reflect to how it should run, the loading times present from area to area in the streams alone should tell you to wait for release

I myself want to get into the impending beta so I can test how well I can stay on 4k 60 fps, but looking at youtube videos testing these configurations, yours would most likely be lacking staying at a constant 4k 60 fps natively as it is right now either way.

you might be more comfortable playing at 30 fps with your setup or even lower, I suggest you drop to either 1440 or 1080p

2 Likes

If they added the fps cap option, it would probably be good for weaker machines.

1 Like

I definitely want to see that, it’s not only good for weaker machines as you said but its also a good idea to have such an option in game if you want to maximize your Vsync efficiency as you usually need to drop your fps count to at least 3 frames below your stable gaming count in order to not lose any data while using Vsync and the like

example: stable fps is 60 = 57 fps limit while Vsync is on so it wont go over that threshold

1 Like

I also have a very good machine and when I tested the game it was quite laggy. I hope they optimize it more for release.

1 Like