Perfect Idea for D2R to help new players

Generally Diablo 2 used to (and probably still has) scammers/exploiters with nothing better to do than to get your hard earned items for free. All regular players know of these exploits but with D2R around the corner I thought it was time to revisit this issue.

The drop scam: Here there are a few area’s that scammers use to convince other players to drop items and go pick up the other players trade. This was so frustrating and hurtful to players that many quit the game shortly after because of it.

So I came up with a solution: Player tagging all dropped items in towns so that only the player who dropped it can pick it up. Trades must always be done in a trade screen or out in the wilderness where drops can be for anyone. Anyone who wants to trade items will be clearly informed that being asked to do a drop trade in some random cave or outside area will know it’s a scam then and thus eliminate a huge portion of revenue for drop trade scammers.

I hope if this is not a thing any more that there is a better system for keeping scammers in check.

No. Go away. Go suggest stuff for Diablo 4. Stop trying to change a 20 year old game.