People that don't play SP are at a disadvantage

It took me a while to understand the lack of drops and monsters around bosses and boss quests was the inherent SP experience.

I and many others only play Season/Ladder and the game is different.

1. coming out of Act1 town one of the first monsters you will encounter in Season/Ladder is the sand beetle looking monster called the ‘Dune Soldier’
    https://i.imgur.com/uYIqlH8.png
    They ‘pop’ or explode when killed and are an excellent source of early XP.

Alpha’s first Dune Soldier shows itself in the maggot lair.

These type of things apparently SP differences from Season/Ladder are a bit of a problem.

Many of us never play SP because it’s loaded with Hero Editor players with unreal gear and more skills than the game allows.
SP is full of hacks.

Because of SP and putting a D2 Server on your PC, programmers were able to reverse engineer the game and make all the hacks, dupes and other add-ons.

I’m just saying it’s hard to separate the SP elements that have nothing to do with Alpha itself, that appear as issues for Season/Ladder only players.

actually , i found these beetle in front of the city.
It depends on how the game is randomized for you at your character creation.

That being said, on the matter of ladder monsters/difficulty.
I would like for non-ladder to have the same difficulty / monster density / items etc… as ladder personally speaking.
I don’t really understand why they are so different even in 2021…

In D2 Season/Ladder you always find these Dune Soldiers all over the place in 5 - 10+ groups beginning directly outside of Act2 town.

Ahh, that makes sense… I thought I was missing more than a few electrical ambushes. I forgot that ladder has more merbs.