People Camping in Town during Public Bounties

Are you picking the easy ones?

No, I just pick an act and go. I just click on the first yellow exclamation point I see. When I finish the first quest I open the map and click on the very next one I see then during the teleport animation I open the map again to read what the quests in my act are to see if any of them are cursed chests that I need to activate before doing the third quest.

I literally just joined a game, did Act 2 thinking “Hmm, I wonder if this is actually the slowest act and conventional wisdom is wrong, maybe it’s not act 5…” I was thinking that because I got Clear 150 mobs in desert sands and the place is practically empty, and clear level 2 of this cave. The entrance to level 1 is on the other side of this huge map LUL.

I finished the act, go to act 5, and curiosity got me. I opened the map and look at everyone elses act. Two of them are on their fourth bounty and one of them (a WD, and the guy who arranged the group in the community chat) is on his third.

I did 8 and then sat in town stewing in my own rage, while the rest of them finished. Then I took the last bag and left. Closed the client.

I wish so desperately that there was an option to do bounties solo with caches dropping 4x the reward.

Even with one rotten apple in the basket 3 guys can do it way faster than you solo.

That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be mad when one person is inconsiderate and just screwing around wasting your time.

1 Like

And if you don’t like the way public works you can always do it solo then you don’t have the problem of campers and leechers
See how easy that is

2 Likes

They are obviously “outer fringe” coat tail riders. It is fun for some players. The Dev’s will never get rid of it. Only thing you can do is hope the vote kick will pass.

Players that want high level xp and gear from just joining a high level room that thier character obviously can’t handle. Some D3 players call them “leeches”.

Did you happen to check their paragon…

I mean, I ran a few publics the other day and wound up in at least two games with sub 600 paragon players. However, paragon that low doesn’t mean they can’t handle T16 in a group, it just means that most likely they have just put their build together with the items but probably imperfect stats.

Are you trying to say that only people with a 1000 paragon and up should play in public games? If so, perhaps it’s you that shouldn’t be playing in public games if your unwilling to accept that your gear is probably better and therefore you are going to be faster.

You either accept the help of them completing about 2 and half acts for you and accept that you’ll probably have be running the rest or stay out of public games if it bothers you that much.

1 Like

sometimes you won’t get the option because someone is “not online”. Meaning, if you have one player in your public bounty that is “appearing offline” status, then for some reason the system thinks that you don’t have the votes. Make sure everyone’s online… you’ll be able to kick them off sooner.

Paragon levels have nothing to do with this - I played with a guy well over 1100 paragon that was starting with a new build… and he SUCKED. What that player should do is go back down to T10 public and try a group there.

When I start a completely different character (with 1100+ paragon levels), I don’t even bring in the character to public until I’ve gotten all gems to at least 70+. I don’t want to be the burden to the group, and I know if I can’t handle T16 public bounties - that I will choose something lower.

This is not bad actually.

I usually dive in and concentrate on my act. When it’s done I check out how the others are doing. When I find someone camping in town then while bounties are still open I try to kick him. You’re lucky you got your last bag after all.

1 Like

This is why blizzard games have devolved so much in recent memory, people will always seek the path of least resistance, that’s why you have people that AFK and put others on follow in LFR in WoW.

The game has no challenge and people just get carried by others because they have no desire to even play the game.

Most of the people playing D3 are bots and afkers, the game is a total failure and I hope they don’t repeat the same mistakes this game made in the next one.

Could you provide a link to the evidence which substantiates this claim please?

Thanks Don,
problem is solved. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It really is that easy. People will always find ways to game the system. If you are too thin skinned to deal with the occasional slacker then make your own private groups.

Otherwise, deal with it.

1 Like

You can get mad, or you can check the progress earlier to make sure people are pulling their weight.

The problem is that it’s often not possible to initiate a vote-kick on the slackers, which means whilst we’d like to deal with it, we’re unable to.

1 Like

Cope with it may have been a better choice of phrase. Although, you’re no idiot, so I suppose you knew that.

A lot are bots. Some are leeches. They make public suck. Hate G-rifts where want-to-be players who only could run a 75, want to do high rifts with more experienced players. Be nice if you had to solo at least close to what you run. Also G_rifts would be nice to have players who actually want to run and not sit around in town washing their tights. To many fast runs with then 15 minutes of being in town doing nothing.

1 Like