Patterns of Justice - SW/TR new set feed back

VW is 250% - 300% in the patch

I simply pulled the numbers from my memory, wasn’t that far off. Thanks for correcting anyway.

Doesn’t only Barb and Wizard Wiz have rings that give them 80% damage reduction. DH has a ring that gives 60%…
So it is not “all other classes besides Monk” that have such rings.

1 Like

i never really played any other class but i remembered some dh ring. yeah, maybe just 60 but monk has exactly none. unity is not a ring to use since you cannot participate in a multi player if your fav build relies on unity. when i play multiplayer i feel necro, dh and crus seem to be untouchable, barb get kills when played dps and no class is more squithan a (real) monk

1 Like

DR rings for different classes:

Barb: Band of Might - up to 80% DR
Wiz: Halo of Karini - up to 80% DR
DH: Elusive Ring - up 60% DR
Necro: Lornelle’s Suntone - up to 0.95% DR per 1% missing health
Crus: Justice Lantern - up to 55% of total block chance DR
WD: nothing
Monk: nothing

Monk is not alone for not having a dedicated DR ring but only barb and wizard have those really big mitigations.

2 Likes

On average, that is like a ~50% damage reduction. with that and its mechanics, it is probably the worst of the class specific DR rings,

And Wizard also has Halo of Arlyse, but that only reduces damage taken from melee attacks (but it also has the Frost Nova proc to compensate).

But you guys are right, Monk could need a DR ring.

1 Like

BlockquoteSW damage: 145% * number of stacks
Set: 10000% damage buff
Vengeful Wind: 200-250% damage buff, 10 extra SW stacks
Eye of the Storm: double damage against single targets
Kyoshiro’s Soul: 100-125% damage buff (normal affix)

WoL:
Skill; 830% entire screen
Tzo kirin helmet; +125% to WoL damage
Pinto´s Pride bracers; +150% to WoL damage and slows
Kyoshiro´s blade weapon; +150% to WoL damage (+250% if 3 or fewer enemies)
Incense torch of the G.T.; +550% to WoL damage and halves the cost
That´s 8.922’5% skill buff ( 9.752’5% if 3 or fewer enemies) if my maths are right…

Then you can multiply this for 19500% with 13 stacks of vengeful wind with sunwuko set or with about the same with a well equipped LoD build.

In terms of damage, and if I am not mistaken in any spot, there is no comparison: WoL deals loads more damage than new set and has 50% base mitigation with Sunwuko 2 set bonus or 54% base mitigation with LoD.

1 Like

My initial thoughts on the set:

As a TR set, it’s garbage.

Most interesting use, imo, and this depends on WHICH 6 SLOTS the set occupies, will probably be:

SWK2, PJ6

Shenlong’s weapons with VW in cube, lightning element, trying to make good use of eye of the storm with lightning SW rune.

Without flying dragon in cube, difficult to sustain spirit to keep damage buff up. May need to use other methods for maintaining spirit.

Without gen support, tough to justify simplicity’s strength for healing. Survivability will be rough.

Question: If the 4pc works like Determination, that is live updates to the bonus when enemies are within (and out) of the area: How does the set fair as a speed farming set?

4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times.

My understanding is that the implied lack of duration for the movement speed gained or lost means that the bonus will increase and decrease when enemies are within SW at present time. That would also mean that if and when player/SW power increases, it would be better to run a different speed farming build, no(?), as enemies wouldn’t live long enough to gain the benefits.

At least until higher difficulties to add more hp, although even then the bonus is lost when it’s need the most - moving between packs.

Basically what I’m asking, or I guess saying, is if the set has enough consistency to be a speed farming set.

What about the 200% elemental dmg from COE ring, how will that apply to SW

Depends on which rune you’ve selected for the SW, that’ll specify which element it’ll use.

1 Like

You have all of them.
2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune

Yes, 2 piece bonus grants all base rune effects. However the actual damage type will be determined by the rune you actually select. No rune or Blade Storm rune selected will make SW deal physical damage, Master of Wind rune selected will make SW deal cold damage, etc.

SW will deal only one type of damage based on the rune selected. Because of that CoE will function just as it does with every other class and skill, it’ll only give periodic buffs.

Why does this cause so much confusion?

3 Likes

K, then COE is not gonna help the build in the way i hoped, bummer…

Keep in mind that other sets which grant all runes to certain skill function exactly the same way. If it’s an offensive skill, the damage type will still be determined by the selected rune. No skill has ever dealt all the damage types the runes grant at the same time.

2 Likes

You’re actually way low. You forgot that these are all increases and thus you have to include the original 100%. EDIT: Actually, your numbers look quite close to mine, just not sure about the notation you’re using as you’re off by almost exactly a factor of 10 based on how I read it…

Based on D3planner of my LoD WoL Monk (with rng multipliers “maxed” out for simplicity):
8.3x Wave of Light
2.5x Kyroshiro’s Blade (More than 3 targets)
2.65x Skill Multiplier (150% helm + 15% Boots)
2.5x Pinto’s Pride
6.5x Incense Torch of the Grand Temple
893.546875x Wave of Light Subtotal
196x Sunwuko’s @ 13 stacks
175,135.1875x

18.85x Sweeping Wind @ 13 stacks
4x Vengeful Wind
2.55x Skill Multiplier (125% Belt + 15% Shoulders + 15% Chest)
192.27x Sweeping Wind Subtotal
101x New Set Bonus
19,419.27x

That means Sunwuko’s WoL will hit 9x as hard as Patterns of Justice with maxed Sweeping Wind. Granted this doesn’t count the tornados generated from the cyclone rune, but I doubt that’s even going to come close to making up for WoL’s raw multiplier advantage.

EDIT: As far as fixing it, I would think that Eye of the Storm would need to be modified to match Kyroshiro’s Blade functionality. An increase at all times but a bigger increase against a single enemy.

2 Likes

Since the set interacts with TR then Mantle of Channeling and Hexing Pants come to mind for buffing the SW damage. It still comes up short of SWK WoL though. I posted a while back about TR to change Hexing Pants to a multiplicative buff and to increase it. It really depends on what armor locations the set pieces use.

Thats not the point. Tr needs buffed from this set multiplier. Sw lacks supporting legendaries. Balance is 7-7.5x and ceadar memento is 9x. Both worth more than 1.25x hexing. Change hexing to multi dont help much when devs fk up.

1 Like

Only a 9x multiplier isn’t near as bad as I thought. Seems to me they could fix this extremely easy by:

Giving a multiplicative attack speed boost along with the movement speed boost (only a movement speed boost is a waste of a set bonus, what the hell were they thinking?). Since SW scales with sheet damage, if the boost is high enough (150% would be sick, but 100% is probably OK) then that’s worth something.

Attack speed boost would also make it easier to keep up Shenlong’s for an extra 3x multiplier.

2x AS, 3x shenlong’s is 6x.

Just need 1.5x from somewhere (6p, shenlong buff which will help gen builds too, helm, more AS in set, etc.) and it should be OK.

What I personally would prefer is:

150% more AS in set, 300% for Shenlong’s giving a comfortable 10x multiplier to make up for less AoE than WoL.

Then use WotHF: FoF to gen massive tornadoes and you’re set.

TR seems like a total red herring to me for this set.

6pc sw gets 10k% short while after Tempest rushing. Vanilla cyclone build is not coming back unless they change the set bonuses. Shenlong in this set has too little window to justify the other losses.