Patterns of Justice proc issues

Please take the time to read what I have to say, as it’s the single biggest issue we’re having with the Patterns of Justice, followed closely by a lack of damage reduction.

So after testing this build pretty extensively with all the possible options I could think of, I’ve come to the conclusion that our Sweeping Wind isn’t procing the way it should. I’ve tried all the options I can think of to help proc the set the way it’s suppose to, but have had no luck at all. I’ve tried bind, blind, bleed, fear, stun, indirect attacks from area damage, other DOTs from skills (Exploding Palm), none of which have been effective in procing enough. When it does proc, the damage is actually pretty high, I’ve seen crits as high as 893 billion at Paragon 620 with just over 1 million sheet damage. For it to be effective and push top tier with the rest of the builds we see, I believe that 10000% Sweeping Wind damage, needs to be on par with the Earth set for the Barbarian and utilize 20000% damage, like Leap Quake. In all honesty, it looks like the skill is confused to what it should be doing, and when. I don’t know if it is because of all the runes being active and trying to cause damage and buff, or a change in how the proc rate of the skill works.

But hear me out…

Up until Patterns of Justice came out, we’ve never had a skill that damaged the way that Sweeping Wind is suppose to damage in this build. We have a rotation on Convention of Elements, that buffs elemental damage based on its position in the cycle. We have Inna’s that uses all the effects of the mantras as the same time, none of which directly deal damage. We have Wrath of the Berserker using all runes, but not like we’re trying to use here with increases from stacks.

There seems to be a conflict with the way Sweeping Wind is suppose to be applying buffs to our monks, as well as, dealing 4 different elemental damages at the same time. Anyone that played vanilla D3 remembers using the Cyclone rune in Sweeping Wind, and the amount of little tornadoes that spawned with our high attack speed. Now a days we attack, twice as fast and produce 1/8 the amount of twisters from the Cyclone rune, regardless of our critical hit chance %. This indicates that the skill is not procing properly, and the biggest culprit to the set not actually damaging properly. Without it procing right, we don’t see the increase in any of the Sweeping Wind effects, the larger radius, the spirit regen, the freeze, the twisters, and most importantly the damage. We see the stacks number increase in the toolbar, but we aren’t seeing the effects.

The biggest give away with the set having an issue with the way the skill is being rotated, proc’d, and used, is the screen shake happening during the PTR. Normally when you interact with stuff in town our games run ok, no issues, no screen shake. But, with Sweeping Wind active, drop an item on the ground, pick an item up, and watch the screen shake. The skill is procing in town doing things that are not combat related.