Patch but no patch?

Was just in the middle of a bunch of GR speed runs when an error 24 pops up informing me that a new patch is available. I automatically get booted from the game. WTF? No server countdown warning anymore?

Plus I don’t see any patch available, yet if I try to log in, it says a new patch is available and is needed to continue playing and I get booted from the game again. So, where’s the patch? On top of all the other issues this PTR has been having, you telling me Blizzard has managed to goof up their servers again?

I am getting this error as well. Kicked out due to having old Patch. No New patch to install.

same error as well . kicked out for having old Patch. checked for update but no update

Patch available but, does not apply when I reload. Someday my patch will come

it started updating know

updated know it is working for me

And life returns to the world of Sanctuary!

1 Like

Yeah. I prepared the following post (but it just now… finally… actually patched):

Borked Again!

I have been running the PTR all afternoon with minimal issues.

1. Minor lag. Mostly in highly populated Rifts (Nephalem and Greater).
  2. I’ve experienced a couple of generic 1016 disconnections.

After a couple of hours, I just finished a Greater Rift and was identifying some items when I was disconnected to the login screen. I entered my game password and Authenticator number when I got this message… again:

I quit the game, ran the Blizzard App and clicked Play. This time I received all the new Season splash screens as though I was starting a new Season. I clicked through them and noticed it was showing I had only completed Season Chapters I through IV. However, when I clicked through the subsequent Chapters it showed that I had completed all the Objectives for all Chapters except Guardian. Which is correct. I only have my 3 and final Conquest to complete the Guardian Chapter and Season 22.

Halfway through my next Greater Rift I was disconnected to the login screen again. This time, when I logged in, I received this message:

I clicked OK. The game shut down and the App began to log me in. I did not see any indication of a patch. The App opened, I waited a few seconds and no update was started. Not for the App, the PTR, D3 or any other games.

I then tried to start a game again. This time, during retrieving the Hero List I received this message:

I am now caught in a loop. Every time I try to start a PTR game I get the “patch available” message.

I tried D3 and can enter a game just fine, in Season and non-Season.

Now that the PTR has completed patching, I’m going back in.

Here’s wishing everyone luck!  

Addendum

The PTR seems to be running okay so far.

My Journey progression still shows I’ve completed Chapters I - IV when I open my Journey Window. If I click through the later Chapters it shows I’ve completed them too, except for the one Conquest I have left in the Guardian Chapter.

I’ll have to wait until I complete my third Conquest to see if I get credit for completing the Season. (This is not a big concern since this is the Test Realm. I just felt I should report it).

I just realized that the Enlist button on the Journey Window was reactivated. Once I clicked it for each subsequent Chapter it now opens to the correct, Guardian, Chapter by default.