Patch 2.6.9 PTR has ended!

PTR will have “Increased legendary drop rate”

This is sweet.
I wish this was the case in the live game.

But will I be able to keep the items after the PTR session is over?

The new zDH is here:

Odyssey’s End

• Enemies snared by your Entangling Shots take 20-25% 100-150% increased damage from all sources.

You can also cube this on our others builds (S6 Impale, UE6 MS, M6 Cluster) and get 150% more DIBS. That’s pretty cool, not a savior, but it definitely helps make DH more group friendly.

6 Likes

that is good. I say from my point of view and my preferences. I play all meta characters - wd, wiz, necro, barb sup, cruz, monk sup . Did 150 4m party with all those classes. So that is not the matter of me being biased towards wd or against necros. I just believe the patch is not healthy for the 4m party meta diversity.

Great news! So 0 delays due to covid-19 issues. You are aiming for 93 days long season and you actually gave us 6 days heads up before PTR!!!

Now let me read patch notes.

4 Likes

The Inarius set just got super tanky. Now 3% additional damage reduction per Bone Armor stack. That’s total of 6% per stack and with Wisdom of Kalan that’s 90% damage reduction. Niiiiiice.

2 Likes

Another Bone Spear set for the Necro?
I kinda was hoping for Revive and maybe a redesign of the Rathma set.
Well, the damage increase to corpse explosion is nice.

=======================

I like what you have done to the Stone of Jordan:
"All elemental damage bonuses to skills are now equal to your highest elemental bonus to skills."
However, I personally would prefer something like an Elemental-specialization for that ring, like:
"If you have at least 4 skills of the same element of your skill bar, gain xx% increased damage to that element"
For Legacy of Dreams builds everyone will still go with fire (at least on the level that I play, which is non-meta), due to the Cindercoat giving a big buff to fire damage and resource cost reduction for fire skills.

=======================

I am not sure about the new DH set. I have to see and play it.
At least the idea of throwing around massive amounts of exploding Bolas seems fun.

=======================

I like the season theme as well.

6 Likes

Question about the dh, odyssey’s end, does it boost the damage of all sources outside of the dh?, if so that’s a 150% damage bonus for group play.

5 Likes

Please bring back bounty bags for the PTR that was awesome last time.

Razeth’s Volition change is counter productive. It’s making you micro manage essence for damage/damage reduction. When you cast Singularity you want essence full which means no DR until you cast it. When you cast it it drains all essence, but you want to refill it ASAP to cast the next one, which means constantly spikey DR.

Inarius 4 probably needs more %(5?)

Pesties 6 is a nice fix

SOJ wow

Mantle of Channeling fix, thank you. Much needed.

Side Note: Season 20’s seasonal theme should be permanent.

After re evaluation the necro set is totally OP and probably will get nerfed after 5 minutes of PTR. Necromancer with 2 simulacrums casting bone spear (shatter?) each at 30k% damage(10k% for you). Oh, and you can’t die.

3 Likes

Change the new set bonus ( 6pc ) bonus spirit spear damage to bone spirit damage!!! we already have a bone spirit set

6 Likes

"Stone of Jordan

• Added power: All elemental damage bonuses to skills are now equal to your highest elemental bonus to skills."

Um…what??

Does that mean if you have, say, +40% fire damage and +10% cold/lightning/physical/poison/holy - the latter ones are also increased to 40%?

Like yours was any better…

1 Like

Why make a second bone spear set ?? please make necro a casting necro not a repeat set skill… poison nova and blood nova would be FUN ideas for this and the corpse explode sounds great to weave in there also… bone spear is to much single target even on a good day when all mobs are lined up. yet wont hold a candle to the DH impale single target, and i saw the buff to impale … did you factor how much stronger that makes that impale set ?

get fresh ideas or ask the public… take a poll for once, retooling a unpopular set and switching the secondary skill isnt good enough

3 Likes

Ouch on WD. Nice how they tease you for a season with a build that finally doesn’t suck, then yank it away. Aren’t they supposed to figure this crap out in the PTR, thought that is what it was for?

9 Likes

Yes that is because necros only have 3 elements of CoE. So they can roll different % elemental bonus on bracers, ring (SoJ), neck, swamp pants. and get the equal high bonus on EACH element of CoE .

This is fantastic.

You max your Fire % to 60%, and you also get 60% Cold damage so you can use another skill’s rune without being penalized. The new DH set will favor this if it can fit the legendary items.

Example:

I want to use Ninth Cirri Satchel for (Devouring Arrow: Cold)

and… Grenade (Cluster Greandes: Fire)…

and … Odyssey’s End… whatever rune i want…

This is nice. I’m sure you can do the same thing with LoD, and get good benefits too since the elemental damage can go up to 120%+

1 Like

That’s right.

But I’m afraid it might be TOO nice. Then again not every build requires more than 1 element, so hopefully it won’t make SoJ the latest must-have.

You can use it to boost the damage of another skill that you’re wearing a supporting leg for.

Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

Necro set is bone spear only? That seems unnecessarily limiting. Though I guess that makes it fit with D3s set item design overall…

On the other hand, corpse explosion <3
D3 patches really should focus more on balancing the skills, instead of just doing whatever to items.

Demon hunter set seems fine.

Season theme seems really bad. Automatic procs.

SoJ seems good for what D3 is (since there are no monster resistances unfortunately).
I assume it does not work with CoE, and that is the intend of the text change on CoE?

Also good to see some nerfs! Seriously.

It is rather useless. Usually you have one damage dealer with a certain element (say cold). WIth SOJ you can now have +60% fire dmg, and it will boost your cold also by 60% . Same as if you stacked cold in the first place.

Only way you can benefit from it is if you have two equally powerful damage skills with different element, and COE. Then you can benefit from two COE cycles instead of one. If you cast the right skill in the right cycle…

So true. The passive was completely useless with singularity mages before.

hahaha
Actually, yes. On the PTR server. I still had all my S19 PTR gear in the S20 PTR.

Yeah, sounds like a boosted red soul shard gem.
The pros will make huge clumps of mobs once again and let the season buff unleash on them. Since it’s probably gear independent (like condy or S19 buff) the support chars will do equal dmg too.

1 Like

I am wondering what it does with CoE. They changed it to non-static… it sounds like it works with SoJ. Together they can be way stronger than Focus & Restraint.

I read it the other way, that the description change it to make it “clear” that it does not work with SoJ. But yeah, whether it works or not is fairly important. I hope it doesn’t, seems more interesting that way.

1 Like

If they added ‘non-static’ to CoE, that means it boosts dynamic elemental damage, which sounds a lot like what SoJ is.