Patch 2.6.8 BAN WAVE ..!

Banning 5-10 people who hit 6k+ paragon in went ham isn’t a ban wave.
A Ban wave would be eliminating all those who use the bot not just the ones who break 6k on leaderboards.

Laughable is people like you who think that’s a ban wave.

Laughable is when for 3-4 seasons my post was top on patch notes requesting actions be done to those who bot in cheat in still nothing has been done… !!

Respect is earned not given in I haven’t seen a big enough ban wave for them to earn it yet.

So go blow your hot air else where …

8 Likes

LOL Troll Detected !!

3 Likes

The problem is they can/will only ban ones they can prove without question are botting. Just because someone has 5-6k paragon doesn’t prove they bot. Most likely they are but if they can’t prove it they wont ban. The popular argument is to look at there hours played vs total available hours since season start. All that does is make them look suspicious. It does not prove anything.

2 Likes

so maybe they should just update there “anti cheat catching programs” don’t get me wrong, I’m happy they enforced the rules where they can legally do so. because they do have to prove it. the botting programs/thud, so on so fourth can’t be full proof in not letting blizzard be able to catch them.

edit" I’m not disagreeing with you Chris

Correct!!! Maybe they should. They have already implemented software and the bans going out are due to that software additions.

1 Like

Yup, banhammers did cone this season, but there are still tons of cheaters getting away without punishment.

:metal:

A banwave is when all the cheaters get banned…

4 Likes

That would be the goal, but I do not think it is 100% possible to get them all, but definitely the majority would make the game fun/fair/competitive again :slight_smile:

Why should we say thank you to someone for doing there job, botting is against TOC’s and should be acted on straight away.

2 Likes

I guess the big question is – how does Blizzard accurately detect whether or not bots and THUD is being run on an account? Sure, we all can look at the top players on leaderboards for a season, do the math, and if someone averages 18+ hours a day of playing, then we can assume they’re botting. But, Blizzard needs real verification. How exactly does Warden work? I’m curious. You cannot ban someone based on hours played because you could have someone like me that might only average 3-4 hours a day on their account for a season, but still decides to bot now and then – well, aren’t they just as guilty as someone who bots every single night? So, Blizzard has to have an accurate method of detection and not just hours played.

I certainly hope they come up with a good system. I have never botted in my life and have gotten on the leaderboards a few times. It’s a great feeling of accomplishment.

I bet anti-cheat is no longer being developed. who or how should they be banned? industrious cheaters can be admired on leaderborad for months or even years.

I honestly wouldn’t expect much from blizzard in trying to develop some new type of anti-cheat software for a game that’s damn near a decade old. Be glad the servers are still up and they push updates. Would be far more economical for them to just turn it into an offline game and let it die out.

But with all that said, I think all these posts demanding ban waves are silly in this game. Aside from the leaderboards, (which, honestly, who cares that’s all ego), there’s no negative impact to anyone. Hell, without the botters, most of us wouldn’t get in on those public cache groups. Not saying I condone it, just that there’s no real negative impact, so I don’t see why there are so many threads of people crying over it…

I do wish Blizzard would update the UI to be more like turbohud tho… they could negate people using that simply by adding a few of the features to the game (not talking about map hacks, but the UI does have good information on it)…

ah well, here’s to next season…

1 Like

who is so stupid to play it offline?
there is no content at all. after 1k paragon it is pointless to continue playing without friends. and you saw everything and so on.
you can throw items in the trash can. only paragon counts.

Just look at those ZD clan members. They laught in your face and have almost 7k para in season within 2 months and nobody seems to care at Blizzard. Is it funny? Not at all.

4 Likes

I know, but honestly, there’s no content in the online mode, lol… it’s the same old game/maps/GRs over and over and over… not saying I advocate for an offline game… my comment was about them not investing in anti-cheat programs; when you consider that blizzard has to pay to keep the servers running, and this game doesn’t generate much revenue, it’s just not a good investment and probably why we will never see it.

only solutions for all online cheating to stop is games do small upg on engine every day. So cheat engines never can be upd same in same pace. or there will always be cheat in online games…Cause game engines only upg every 3-4 months or more.

This.

I watched Raxx hit 5k paragon on live stream over 3 months. He worked at it 8 hours a day and there is video evidence to back it up.
So, OP, he should be banned for his work?

1 Like

How are they losing money by banning cheaters? They bought the game just like you and me and anyone else who is legit but they chose to throw their money down the toilet cause sooner or later they would get caught. Why is it detrimental to the earnings of the company? They will not get a refund will they? Even more there is chance that some of them will buy the game a second time. Also having that high percentage of cheaters will hurt the reputation of the company and in the long term may do some damage to figure titles. Imagine this thing happening to D4. It will have a bigger impact if it is more MMORPG and pvp oriented.

And you might wanna check the leaderboards on who he did his records with. Umm their now missing. I wonder why?

Many spruke how legit they are but willing to tag along with THUD or botters . But hey as long as they dont use those their legit right?

I am not saying he isnt a good player but many have asked if the botter gets banned so should the whole team. I would find it very hard to believe he would not know those players botted.

5 Likes

Meh. My self righteousness just doesn’t go so far.
I don’t associate people who are friends with law breakers as law breakers theirselves.

Live and let die and all that.

2 Likes