Patch 2.6.7 (New PTR changes)

Can ya’ll brahmaparushas simply agree that the Barb is borked?? 7 levels, 9 levels, who cares…same end result!!

Updated PTR at Blizzcon.

Yah that’s right, 7GR’s not just 3-4. Yikes, well my prediction of them not wanting this to be a top solo pusher along with doing just about everything else speed wise better was correct.

Even at that, it’s still going to be one of the best speed builds around, no question, but leaving at least 100% on Lamentation would have been better incase you wanted to also push high with it solo or group meta with it. Now you really can’t do that, it’s Rats / chants or go home. I mean sure maybe sub 110’s will still be fine but you’d be very ineffective vs Hota / SS solo pushing.

Yah, clearly it had to be toned down, but unless we’re missing something seems overnerfed.

They seem to not want one build/set ruling everything though, that much is clear. Otherwise what would be the point in introducing new sets and legendary powers?

@op , where did you got this info from? Any other updates ?

From people playing the new patch @ Blizzcon.

https://twitter.com/Lord__Fluffy/status/1190457148116881409 - Lamentation
https://twitter.com/ThaPchild/status/1190454831707672576 - new Monk set
https://twitter.com/Bluddshed/status/1190457139128463360 - new Crus set

barb just went from 140 with 10k paragon to 133 with 10k paragon. 10k paragon for 133. How brain dead are some people to think this was needed?

26 Likes

Chant got nerfed from 144 to like 141.

We all know that the max PTR clear is never the same as the max live clear so I would imagine he could clear a 144 maybe 145. And the set was also miles ahead every other barbarian set, so instead of buffing 6 builds they just nerf one, IT’s still OP and probably the best barb set.

How do we know that? Did you watch the 140 clear? I did. Festering woods, perfect map, great mobs, conduit, pylon, 150 augs. He barely had enough toughness to do it.

This whole thing is a joke. You’re commenting on something you don’t know. There was no proof of 145. Is this Micro in disguise? Still op. You have the nerve to say still op after a 7 tier nerf? Are you that dumb? Should we contact someone and put you through grade school again?

*Barb: Hey Devs, buff us from 133 to 140 where every other class is at.
*Devs: Ok, we got you fam.
*Barb: Wow, amazing, we love you
*Devs: GOTCHA ahahah dumb barbs

23 Likes

I guess it’s time for another “interview with D3 game developer” comedy video. Who wants to put that out? I’m not good at video editing.

Don’t try to reason with the nerf bandwagon, they don’t respond to logic or valid arguments…

5 Likes

Engineers that develop and design race cars do NOT actually drive them. They have professional drivers test them and they make the changes based on their feedback. THAT is what the Diablo 3 game designers do. They do NOT play this game. THAT is why we have a PTR. The designers listen to the feedback that you provide. After the PTR, all I read was every 2nd post on how OP the Rend was and several posts requesting ‘nerfs’. It is all on you, the morons and wannabe game designers that post nerf requests!!! EVERY nerf that Blizzard has ever done was because of these stupid ‘nerf’ posts. I personally played the PTR and found the Rend set to be quite viable as a top tier and fun to play, even though I have never played Barb before. It was equivalent to the Chantodo set as far as reaching GR on my level (based on my testing). It is unfortunate that now Barb will NEVER be a top tier class and just be 2nd rate as it always has been.
Very frustrating, but the fault is not on the game designers, but on YOU, the ones that request these stupid nerfs.

11 Likes

Wrong, it’s the game designers fault, because they listended to the nerf cries.

If they actually read every post in these nerf threads, not just the nerf ones, they would actually notice that everyone who was against the nerfs had valid arguments, but nah, they just seen some tables or graphs posted by MicroRNA, so they thought: “Hey look these tables and graphs can’t be wrong right? Let’s just slightly nerf WW Rend, it won’t do any harm anyway”

10 Likes

Yes I am disappointed that rend got nerfed into a lo GR speed build only…

My bigger concern is the seasonal buff.

For those of you at BlizzCon did the strength of the angels, twisters etc get nerfed noticeably too. Because if they didn’t it won’t matter what build we make we are all just going to be abusing the kill streak rewards to clear rifts.

1 Like

Lets hope the lamentation nerf is not going through for the PC version.

4 Likes

So once again they’re just going to waste all our efforts? They’re going to blind nerf at the last minute without testing? We are disappointed, again.

2 Likes

did u actually see the clear?? he wont get a much better run then he did that

Talking about OP.

Top Wiz cleared Gr 143 with just 5,4k para at EU server (season). Last guys at bottom of top 1000 cleared 124 with 1,3k para.

Top Barb cleared Gr 130 with 4k para. Last guys at bottom of top 1000 cleared 104.

Btw: Barb with 10k para did a 140 @ ptr and you call that OP?

7 Likes

7 GR’s was way too much though, 2-3 would have been optimal.

They should add the multiplier back at 50-100% imo.

2 Likes

You know Demonmonger, I know why the other barbs are not fond of you, but this maybe one of the few times we will not raz you too much.

Removal of that much power and nothing changed to make up for the loss, that is just…, well, asinine.

As so many, myself included, pointed out, the push of someone with 10k paragon does not equal the push of a seasonal with 5k. Why compare two different classes with two different base stat amounts and then act on that?

Science says to reduce the number of variables to one if possible. In this case, we could. Two equally skilled players is not too hard with the main pushers. Two equal amounts of paragon can be done easily. Then all you have is to make certain the item levels are the same.

Once you have those, THEN you have a chance at a good comparison.

But people are claiming an absolute answer with a multivariable test.

2 Likes

This is reminding me of Legion and ferals, which incidently, I have mained since early Vanilla WoW.

They had a good build going, no issues, people liked the options and it was positive feedback all around.

Then for no reason, they changed the spec to not work without specific talents and legendaries with no testing. To make that problem even worse, none of the talents or legendaries were designed with the changes they did. It meant that you were VERY limited in what rolls you could do.

It has made me, and many other longtime feral mains, not have very much trust in Blizz class devs. What came out at the start of BfA was not very good at all and reinforced that opinion.

So yeah, all I can think of is they do not know proper testing anymore.