Password Update - April 15, 2020

do you gyus know a way to get a game master from blizzard at the moment for help pls

If you need a GM then you need to put in a ticket via the Support site. For D3 there is very little they can help you with. Mostly billing, account access (resetting passwords, changing phone numbers, authenticator issues, etc).

What issue are you having? I can help you navigate the ticket system to reach a GM - which is the only way to get one.

2 Likes

its send just wondering when live chat will be availeble a texte whit ritorack need to get in touch whit him back

Live chat is only open for certain issues and only during business hours. Right now with everything shut down for the pandemic, it is limited.

When you ask for more help on a ticket, you will get the next GM, you can’t specify who you want.

If you have an open ticket, please use the “need more help” option.

If you previously did a live chat and have any sort of ticket or ID number for it, you will need to open a new ticket (text version) and include your last ticket ID then tell them you need more assistance. Be specific in what you need help with and don’t pad it with extra words. Make it as small and clear as you can.

2 Likes

Most other accounts I have are loaded with ridiculously long passwords. It’s about time Blizzard caught up.

Longer than 16 chars huh?
I am so paranoid I want 32!
LOL!

Last time I checked, 32 is longer than 16.

1 Like

that is why I want 32… I am extra paranoid, 16 is not long enough…

1 Like

The announcement is that passwords can be more than 16 characters long.
So make one as long as you want.

Welcome cydra! We hope you will stay in sanctuary!

Cydra,

You may want to set your public D3 forum profile to private as other Blizzard employees have done.

My password is way beyond 32, what does that make me?

Way more likely to make a spelling mistake.

I have issues with in-game sound which I could not fix any other way except change a .dll file in the d3 install folder (the issue is every minute or so, my game freezes for half a second and in D3Debug.txt there is a line about not being able to find FMODX Sound or something). Every time I try to start the game through the bnet launcher, my fix gets overwritten. There are legitimate reasons some people don’t use the launcher to play the game.

I am actually glad I will be able to improve my password soon. I was shocked to see I couldn’t go above 15/16 characters when I changed a while back, after all, the best passwords are long but easy to remember ones like “I_<3_playing_Diablo_3_with_0_lag” or something like that.

Well that is because it is not official fix. They could improve technical support also, but that is other topic. You can always make that file read only and/or modify security privileges on it.

Doesn’t work, I tried. Didn’t try modifying the security privileges though.

Well the best option would be to make Warden Windows Service.
If Game server is not able to communicate with Warden service just kick player out of game until he fixes the problem.

That will not work for many that use pc to game they also work on. As that service is removed from all computers my company runs for security purposes.

So they let you play game at work?

Of course. I play games, I build android for 5 devices and I still get my job done. But not all of my systems are at work. Even all the home PC for the company employees are like that.