Overshot this too...HF > FotH

So everyone’s ignoring FotH-enhancing legs and going for Heaven’s Fury as the main killer.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

And here I thought Blizz were going for a FotH set.

6 Likes

Same here. Really do not want to be playing Holy Shotgun on a new set in 2019.

5 Likes

I do NOT enjoy using Fires of Heaven.

1 Like

i wanted a heavens fury set in the first place, not a foth.

Foth is literally not different than playing hammerdin. It’s literally exactly the same as the monk wave of light build. LITERALLY EXACTLY THE SAME GAMEPLAY.

Go away new player, we’ve been asking for HF to be useful for 18 seasons.

7 Likes

I like the Aegis of Valor build, so I am with you on this one.

Well done, Blizzard.

2 Likes

This is typical Blizzard balancing. I.e. they can’t balance.

Yeah, I haven’t played D3 since season 5 or so. Was thinking of playing one final season now, but meh, now I remember why I stopped playing. I was also looking forward to playing a FoH build, but I’m not gonna bother if HF will be better. I’m not going to play a build that is clearly worse particularly if I’m already wearing the same set.

Pick one random fan of the game and I’d put more trust in that single person balancing the game better than what the whole Blizzard team has managed in several years. It’s astounding, really. I mean, how hard is it to tune a few numbers a bit for sets and builds that are clearly underperforming, just to even the field a little? Nope, not Blizzard. They’re not capable of changing more than a few numbers every few months, and when they do, they still get it wrong.

4 Likes

Do I look like I care what you were asking for, honey? And don’t get your hopes up. Now that GR150 solo has been cleared with this, expect the Nerf Hammer to drop HARD.

1 Like

FYI I spent an hour and a half trying to roll a Darklight last night when I got home from work. No luck. So don’t say 'no one is farming the FoTF items. Some of us are. Is it the best push option? No. Doesn’t mean it’s not good for anything.
All that needs to happen is adding FoTH to the 2pc bonus.

I didn’t like HF before this set; now I love it. The power of imagination. Well done to the devs on this.

Doesn’t need a nerf either. Some class was eventually going to clear 150 solo. If you’re ok with it being wiz/nec/dh/wd only and not monk/barb/crus then that’s bias. We just happened to win the lottery this time and not eat a massive nerf a la Blessed Hammers/Blessed shield. Which, for the moment feels amazing.

3 Likes

Lol had several people like DMKT, myself and a few other not pushed the subject harder we would be looking at a FOTH set that isnt fun to play. But the devs definately didn’t make this happen the players did imo.

1 Like

I’ve been casually playing D3 since 2.1, like 5 years ago, playing Akkhan’s FoTH Fissure back then. GR36, when everyone did like 45+ with Condemn. Loved it. I’ve now just have barely 1300 paragon Non Season.

I was so happy to read about the PTR patch notes and the new FoTH!!! set. I was playing on the PTR, having some fun pushing to GR96 in PTR S19. Then i just played Akkhan’s/Crimson/Aughilds non season since like 3-4 weeks on live servers to farm mats SSF casually to get the new darklight and the AoV set, when the patch goes live.

And now? It’s always like the same for WoW and D3, just take it as it comes. There’s no varation wanted in play style pushing GRs even within one class. LoD Captain America is now weaker, so is LoD Condemn. I played shot gun as well, when they buffed the Akkhan’s set and some HF items some years ago. I don’t like it, like some other players do. Same for WoW when raiding. Remember the hammerdin only season some years ago? And why the nerf of Shield Bash - Crumble? It was so much fun! That made me switching to wiz for some years. Always the same thing.

Mathematically and technically it would be possible to make pure FoTH and shot gun to be on par with the set. I don’t even understand the wizard and barb “nerfs”. Why not letting the players being on the same levels with as many as possible classes and variations? I’m a crusader and wizard fan. I do really want that now like everyone with incredible 11 k paragon with different classes and buidls could do a GR150 as already done with shot gun this night!

Perhaps it’ll be different in D4, but i don’t actually believe that.

So, have fun shot gun fans! Time for me to do some FoTH speeds & GR100+ pure FoTH pushes and then leaving D3 again. It’s exactly the same situation i’ve been in 2.1 and I was addicted to it back in time. So why again?

1 Like

Some dude did a 130 with a darklight in his main hand. He mainly nuked and used blessed ground on the timer. Think he ran zodiac, travelers, shield of fury. Then in the cube he had fate of the fell, aquila, and RoRG.
You can push with fist. But obviously heavens fury is going to be a big part of it.

Uhm, still, 95% of the damage comes from HF:BG. FoH is basically a cooldown reducing spam fest. Nothing more. And the build of that certain player is simply senseless; he should run FotF mainhand and cube Furnace or Ivorty Tower.

tried the FOTH valor focus, with the Norvald’s Fervor 2 set bonus for steed charges and 100% damage after using steed. And with Darklight in the cube along with Kassars belt, its a good bounty farmer… but I absolutely love this FOTH build. Perhaps this was what they intended, but everyone went for the Heavens fury option… which sometimes does no damage then 3 shots later does 837B damage. Sounds buggy to me. While HF may be meta, its not for everyone… So ill stick with focusing on FOTH.

im quite content playing my own version of lazy pally, doesnt matter really where the actual dmg comes from.

foth fissure is my main skill, hitting heavens fury on cd is how i played in the past. its fun for me. its just a shame that darklight and khassets do nothing for the build. i mean i could remove ivory tower, but i dont thnk having a 1000% 2× foth would give me more clear speed than the occassional shotgun from the shield. might try it. and the resourse cost reduction from the belt doesnt tie in with captain crimsons to give dmg reduction so aquilas is better there too.

Not buggy but Bracer of Fury.

I like the FotH spamming, but it is quite noisy and covering the grounds, harder to see bad area to move away from them.

I am pretty happy with the set right now. I mean Fist Barbie Pony adventure subbuilds already very at good bounty/SPeed GR/T16, but I wouldn’t mind a slight buff.

Bioth skills have different uses & I am pretty happy with it.

fell in love wifh FotH. Have you tried it with Norvalds + Focus Restraint + Squirts? CoE in cube and drop cap crimson set

1 Like

havent tried focus and restraint yet… or with Squirts… but i may try with focus and restraint… Ill probably keep the HF amulet with Finery passive though since it frees up a passive skill slot for me to put in wrathful, which allows me to spend wrath to heal… Since Heavens fury is so expensive, using it to heal me is actually quite nice… and lets me use it without that pesky potion cooldown, as long as i cast FOTH on someone a few times to get the wrath back up again… it takes practice, but eventually you could clear High GR levels without dying with this build.

Squirts is 100% Dmg Increase pair it with Zei’s Gem, bumps FotH dmg quite a bit. For life reg you could go Laws of Valor/Invincible but with Squits you probably want to play like a MS DH dont get hit.Molten Wildebees Gem with Laws of Hope/Hopeful Cry or Promise of Faith would do a good job on protecting your stacks too i think.