Overlooked newer item sets with no set-dungeon

For content in season 22, one of the requirements for “Slayer” achievement is completing the set dungeon. There is no set dungeon for the new gear for any of the classes that received those as the Haedrig’s reward for this season. I know these sets have been out for at least last season and some even earlier and it would be good to have a set dungeon created for the new sets. For this season many of us now need to grind out a second class set to complete an intermediate achievement requirement.

1 Like

That’s not really an issue as the sets offered by Haedrig is merely to help you along your season journey, this includes using them to farm for another set that does have a set dungeon.

As for having set dungeons for the new sets, the latest statement (that I’m aware of) that we have from Blizzard regarding such thing, is that they have no plans on implementing set dungeons for the new sets.

5 Likes

All of us. :point_left:
Just play the game and you will get the other sets, It’s not a big deal.

3 Likes

Not an issue for people that who need to finish Guardian solo will need to get 6 set items for the conquest where you need to clear GR55 with 6 different set items.

2 Likes

Not an issue as people that who need to finish Guardian solo would need to get 6 set items for the conquest where you need to clear GR55 with 6 different set items.<

Only if you choose to do that conquest. It may be easier to do it if you solo, but some of the others are possible as well.

I understand that we get the items eventually anyway, but as it is a low level achievement and the sets have been out for a while, it would make sense for those sets to have dungeons by now.

I saw the response that they don’t intend to implement set dungeons for the new sets… that’s my point, is that they should implement them. I think the community as a whole would prefer it. Then it can count toward those “6 sets” instead of against it.

You need to do 3 conquests in S22 and below is S22 Conquest:

• Boss Mode/Worlds Apart — kill all the bosses in Diablo 3 at max level on Torment X within 20 minutes of the start of the game.

• Sprinter/Speed Racer — complete the entire campaign from Act I to Act V at Level 70 in under 1 hour.

• On A Good Day/I Can’t Stop — level 3 legendary gems to Level 65.

• Years of War/Dynasty — reach Greater Rift 55 solo with the full bonuses of six class sets.

• Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets — complete 8 set dungeons with a Mastery ranking.

So yeah, there isn’t much choice for solo player to complete 3 conquests without involving multiple set items. Sprinter conquest is extreme difficult to complete as solo player.

1 Like

I’ve said it before… just delete the two set dungeon objectives in the season journey and problem solved! Players who like set dungeons can do Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets.

The ‘6 sets’ conquest is for completing GR55 and above with 6 different sets - set dungeons have nothing to do with that one. And the new sets do count towards the 6 set conquest.

1 Like

But what doesn’t make sense is why would they throw more resources at content that the overall community consensus is that we don’t like it?

I’m afraid you think wrong. The community as a whole despises set dungeons quite a bit.

In fact, one of my highest ‘liked’ posts is one where I suggested they forget about adding in new set dungeons and focus their time/resources into new legendary powers/items and set power balancing.

If anything, if the disbanding of the classics team also means no new additions and the seasonal themes going into rotation as well, I’d like to see the following occur:

• 4th cube slot made permanent
  • set power balancing (incl Chantodos being un-nerfed) following the 4th cube slot made permanent

I actually find it a shame that they made the Etched Sigil change… I would have preferred Wiz keep with the channeling builds. Current builds for Wizard just aren’t as fun or interesting.

Well, obviously no one wants the new sets to be included in the content, so whatever floats your boat. Maybe they’re too busy with Diablo IV, but I see this as the game creators/maintainers are not devoted enough to the Diablo III content to include them after all this time for the new sets when it’s always one of the intermediate requirements and some of us don’t like grinding out a new set in order to complete an intermediate achievement (and my suggestion only adds to the game instead of taking things away), but all of you seem to like the game “as-is” and everyone who responded seems to like doing the extra work, so… point taken. Cheers, and Happy Grinding!

Oh I agree, I am one of those who does not like the dungeon set achievements, but since it’s a requirement that doesn’t seem to be going away, I doubt players would want to grind out an extra class set just to do this requirement, so why make it harder? But you know, whatever makes you happy; if you like grinding out extra sets for an achieve you hate, go for it.

If you’re intending on getting to Guardian, you’re probably also going to be doing the Conquest that involves doing GR55s using six different sets, so you’re going to be farming other sets for your hero to do that anyway, so use one of them to do the set dungeon requirement.

You’re acting like acquiring other sets is some great chore or achievement on par with climbing Mt. Everest. It’s not. Gear drops from the sky like candy and there is no ‘grinding’ involved in getting other sets. Just play the game and you will practically have no choice except to acquire other sets. After a little while you will be salvaging set pieces because you have too many of them.

Nobody likes set dungeons and, yes, it would be nice if that requirement was done away with. But Blizz made the decision not to create dungeons for the new sets and they aren’t likely to spend resources at this point to do so. Finding other sets for the other dungeons is laughably easy. As noted above the 6 set conquest is the 2nd easiest of this seasons conquests so you’re most likely to be gathering the other sets anyways.

3 Likes

Most of my seasons I grind it out until I have the set for the easiest set dungeon for that class (or that I find easiest at least). Most players I know do this as well. If it happens to be the haedrig’s gift set then that’s a bonus… but for most part, it’s less painful to hunt down the set for the easiest set dungeon than to do a set dungeon I really despise.

Pretty much this.

Every season, I complete all my class’ sets before I finish Guardian. And now that we can look ahead on the season journey, I just keep ticking off later objectives and go back to the set dungeon when I have the relevant set.

Now if they really want to make the season journey fell more smooth… get rid of the two mandatory set dungeon objectives!

They way we need to gear to complete a set dungeon makes them feel so unnatural in the season journey. Make us attempt a CR instead! That’ll be less painful.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I create a Barb every season and farm up the IK set. Stupidly easy set dungeon. Even my cat can do that one (and she is pretty much useless most of the time).

They could just simply add a small message or note next to the season journey that new sets dont have set dungeons or something rather than nothing… i dont understand why thats so difficult, there has been multiple players complaining about this as they didnt know that new sets dont have set dungeons, and many more new players will probably run into this issue as well. It’s pretty much common knowledge that all sets have set dungeon not so long ago, so new sets not having set dungeons can be confusing for some players.

But also I dont think its really that much time consuming or difficult to gear your character for another set. It sucks but that’s how it is for this season, good luck.

1 Like

I like set dungeons; I like the challenge of getting the items and beating the clock. Getting the set items during the season is easy because as you said the gear “drops like candy”.

There are a few set dungeons that are so easy they are laughable. For instance, any Necro set dungeon is crazy easy and the DH Marauders is crazy easy, the Marauders isn’t even a challenge.

1 Like