Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

5 returning classes is kind of boring, I’d like to have at least one new class. A priest would be cool though, a caster that smites and exorcise enemies with holy might.

1 Like

Agree!

There are many cool classes that haven’t appeared yet.

Expanding the Lore and adding new possibilities is also a pretty cool option.

1 Like

Amazon(like)
Can use greatbow, javelin, spear. Can swap weapons maybe.

Asassin(like)
Can use crossbow/dual crossbow, claw/dagger, traps

Paladin(like) Sword and mid range melee weapon specialization like morning star. Can have buffs. Shield specialization.

The way I see it we have a melee class (barbarian) a mage class (sorcerer) and a summoner (druid).

The last two major archtypes they need to add in are a ranged combatant, and an aura user.
If they wanted to keep riding the nostalgia train they would add the paladin and the amazon to cover these archetypes. And i think that would be a crowd pleaser.

However, if they wanted to also include trap useage, which Im sure many people want, then the choice is probably paladin and demon hunter.

I think the second option would be better. For one, traps, people like traps. Second, the demon hunter never really fit the shiny aesthetic of d3, it would work much better here.
And finally, that allows them to release the necromancer and/or amazon with the first expansion, which will drive the hype train forward for future expansions.

How about a kind of Demon that decides he doesn’t like other demons and fights with nephalems… kind of a Demon traitor. some idea just like that.

How can You tell? Theres a chance monk gets in imo. One of the weapons presented on the artworks looks kinda “monkish” and theres monk temlples in one of the zones. Not to mention monk would help to sell DIV in China and its a lot of money.
On the topic- monk and demon hunter.

I will not be happy. I want monks. Guess Im not the Diablo fan right?

Also Fractured Peaks zone is a home to an order of Monks. So go tell the devs they do not fit.

1 Like

Something entirely new.

I’m excited about Diablo 4 but I do hope they plan on doing something original and not just re-tread old ground for fan service.

1 Like

Personally, id like to see some kind of archer or hunter (ranged), and some kind of melee rogue/assassin/spearman class.

If i can to chose more, id go for something like a witch (curses, potions), only not the vodoo witch doctor again.

Also some kind of priest or cleric could be nice - not paladin, but closer to a mage than a warrior.

Itd be fun to see a knight, purely physical class.

1 Like

So most are in agreement that the 3 missing critical archetypes are the:

1. archer
  2. holy knight and shield user
  3. dark/unholy spellcaster

But only 2 spot available. This is the pitfall of adding the Druid but staying restricted at 5 classes. The Druid archetype is OPTIONAL, but it takes the spot of a critical archetype. The only way I see this working is if they merge archer & dark spellcaster into a Dark Ranger / Sylvanas. It would feel lopsided having Sorceress as the only pure spellcaster and 4 physical classes. The Dark Ranger would have to be towards the magical end of the spectrum… a spellcaster with a bow.

2 Likes

I used to love that song Jim dandy to the rescue. Go jim dandy Go jim dandy

Not sure what that has to do with this thread. But, here you go:

Now, go to your room and play so the adults can talk.

(The preceding was meant as a friendly jab. )

[/off-topic]

It will be necromancer and amazon.

No summoner class and No ranger = No brainer

1 Like

Some character based on dexterity is surely going to happen. I would go for hybrid assasin/amazon/bow based class. This is definitely going to happen. The question is what about 5th class.
Will we get 3rd melee or 3rd ranged class? I would prefer Necromancer.

So i bet we will have: barb, sorc, druid, necromancer and bow/amazon. Sorry paladin, wait for expansion :stuck_out_tongue:

Or merge necromancer and amazon/bow into one (as mentioend above) and make a room for paladins.

No thank you. (As a lifetime archer, I would find this offensive. Not that I’m offended by Necromancers, but combining the two is an abomination — just my opinion, however).

:skull: + :bow_and_arrow: = :poop:

Necromancer - Conjurer of Death
Valkyrie - The merger of tools and lightning

D2 necro used xbows, launched grenades and had a shotgun like ability. Silly to think this hasn’t been done.

Was replying to the person who posted this. If you look back at that vid you have there youll see its a band in the 70s so I doubt if I,m a kid. 22days away from being 65. Wish i was a kid though. It is off topic but just having fun

Range: Amazon would be nice to revisit. Since she can dabble in range and melee (charged bolt was her strongest javelin melee skill and with high innate dex, she can block as well as a paladin), while DH was mainly range and traps.

Melee tank: People will expect a crusader or paladin but why we also need a “dark character”. Why not make it a Dark Knight instead ?
Maybe instead of auras, he dabble in curses to debuff mobs so that he can slice them harder.

In D2, necs fulfilled the “darker role” while vanilla D3 was Demon Hunter.
Let’s have a stronk melee tank in a dark role instead.

You are correct. And my Sniperzon wielded a Harmony (Rune Word) Blade Bow, which gave her the Revive (Necromancer) Skill. Which was way cool. :sunglasses:

Still, I prefer and Archer-type Class. And I’m sure that others prefer a Necro-type Class. (Without melding them together. Again… just my opinion).

As I said, it was just a “friendly jab”. And if you’re 22 days from being 65, then, in my eyes, you are just a kid.

Uh-oh. I think I just dated myself.

1 Like