Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

Light knight

After the events of Diablo 3, the sky was fractured, the Crystal Arch was damaged and many pieces fell from the sky.

Humans who came in contact with the crystals died, but some created a connection with the sky, managing to feel and subtract power from the Crystal Arch even with the gates of heaven closed.

These humans can bless their own weapons and shields, they can materialize heavenly armor, invoke holy light and holy fire in various forms. Their mere presence on the battlefield grants bonuses to allies and damage to enemies, their maximum power being achieved when they use all their energy to the benefit of the entire team (or, if alone, in itself), but within a relatively high recovery.

The equipment is the sword and the shield, but also the halos.

I’m literally the No. 1 US East hardcore ladder druid on Diablo 2, so how am I a poser? Even have screenshots to prove it.

You’re a poser because you said the monk doesn’t exist. He is in Diablo 1.

2 Likes

If they added in the monk, it would too closely resemble the Druid:

Monk definition: a member of a religious community of men typically living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.

Druid definition: one of an ancient Celtic priesthood appearing in Irish and Welsh sagas and Christian legends as magicians and wizards

Diablo 1 had literally a rogue, Warrior, and sorceress as playable classes. The monk was never a playable class in 1 or 2. Diablo 2 released the Druid and they can’t go back to the monk because now it’s a conflict of interest because the Druid and monk would be the same character. The monk in Diablo 3 is a melee character when we already have several melee characters.

Amazon would be rad but I’m down for anything that fits the story.
I just don’t want the DH back, always hated seeing edge lords flipping around dual wielding machine gun crossbows.

1 Like

I wanna see new classes!!!

Cleric -
Shaman -
Death Knight -
Alchemist -

something up this tree. Please don’t say Bard anyone.

In the opening cinematic looked like that 4 player party was like, 2 rogues, priest, barb.

2 Likes

Haunt.

After Maltael’s defeat souls have been released and are wandering in the Sanctuary. In the Sanctuary there are mystical places, cursed places and blessed places, these places have a connection with the world of the dead, and the dead feel it.

There is a place where souls can, for a short time, materialize into an artificial body, but the excess of souls during the materialization process has broken the place and created a being that is the fusion of thousands of human souls thirsty for revenge, souls want the end of heaven and hell.

It is a warrior who uses spiritual energy to attack with bursts of energy, with spiritual arrows, releasing the legion of souls within him. He keeps himself in battle by converting enemy souls into energy, and defends himself by reducing enemy damage.

He can possess other units, amplifying his power and gaining new abilities, can also split into dozens of souls and attack massively.

The main equipment is the soul jar, which channels their skills making them less diffuse and more accurate.

• We know Sorceress is in there.
  • Someone from the Thieves Guild is sure to come looking for those from the trailer.
  • A Templar class would just round things up.

You know, I’ve never seen a class that uses whips and chains, it could be a fresh class for an expansion.

I mostly want a sword and shield class on launch. I loved Diablo’s warrior and the crusader from D3. I hated the paladin from D2 somehow.

I also think a physical damage ranged class is needed, preferably bows or guns.

No not paladin. But a knight of the dark arts. Use of poison, and cold elemental as well as versed in a bit of necromancy is what I’d like to see.

Death Knight? Necromancer? both have been done in previous Diablo’s and WoW. Maybe an Eldritch Knight would fit better.

amazon and necro, for d4 exp assassin, paladin, and a new hero. Scrap the wd and crusader

Necromancer or Witchdoctor with varius type of summons

okay so let’s get into this, and this will probably be long. So starting with what we know, 5 total classes at launch and 3 already, barb, sorc, and druid, so that leaves 2 places. Barb is a melee monster of weapons, wielding 2 2h weapons and a pair of dual wield 1h. he has shouts, dual wield skills, and 2h skills (with blunt and blade?). next is the sorc with elemental magic; cold, fire, and lighting. Pretty simple. and last is druid with; nature magic (earth and storms), pets/animals, and shape-shifting. each class can be somewhat defined by what they use and can be simplified into 3 skill categories or strengths. So i would base the 2 remaining on a similar definition system.

As an added note, from some dev interviews, they are still working on other classes and are unsure if people want new classes or returning ones remade, so I’ll be focused on a middle ground between these by making new classes that are re-imagined and redefined older classes. There are also some mechanical tidbits, such as there is an interest in a character with 2 resources to manage like the demon hunter has, and there is some thought towards “support” types of things, but the classes won’t specifically be support as the focus is on being active and killing monsters.

Now the classes:

1. Death general, Reaver, Dark Knight, blood knight, dread knight:

A knight like character who blends concepts from the paladin, the necromancer, and the monk. A hero struggling with the forces of evil and good, and wields both as a weapon. This class would have paladin and monk style “light magic” things like hammers, smite, fist of the heaven, healing spells, etc. But he/she would also have dark magic like the necromancer’s bone, spirit, and blood magic(including drain from enemies/ground and the paladin’s old sacrifice). the final part of this class is the “dead general” aspect, skeletal/zombie summons and summon buffs/team utility and guidance (think paladin auras, mantras from monk, and necro curses) This would be the class designed with 2 resources: purity and corruption. The player would have the option of balancing these forces, or focusing on one or the other, resulting in a “corrupt” state and “pure” state, where skills of that type are buffed but others weakened from the other state. While maintaining balance, nether state is active and so the player can use both light and dark equally. there would probably be both purity and corruption generators and spenders, and having the resource passed a certain point or value would active the state change. This class would have special shields as an exclusive that can vary between bone shields and large tower shields. This class could potentially work similar to the crusader in d3 and allow 2h weapons in 1h when used with a shield. (this character would be a bulky knight and is inspired by the luminous from maplestory, a character balancing light and dark magic)

1. Amazon, hunter/huntress, wilder, jungle cat, ninja:

This character would be a variation of your classic rogue/archer archetype. This class would specialize in archery, martial arts, and traps. Archery obviously means raining arrows down from on high and sniping monsters from afar. Martial arts would involve athletic moves with high mobility and fast attacks, such as leaping at an enemy to deliver a powerful stab or striking the enemy then jumping off their body to create distance. lastly is traps, a mixture of d2 assassin "totem" style traps and demon hunter style caltrops, bear traps, etc. with a large focus on a set-and-kite fighting style with cc to control the flow of the fight. This class would have access to claws/katar as an exclusive weapon. This class would also have a variant of the barbs ability of multi weapons. this class would be able to equip a melee weapon set in one slot and a bow+quiver in the second, and like the barbarian, would auto swap weapons based on the skill used and the requirements. This would mean this class would be able to lunge, strike, flip for distance then rain arrows in a swift series of events. Players playing this class would be able to build into any of the three areas exclusively, making a melee, ranged, kite-er or make a hybrid. The idea of this character is to flow between ranged and melee combat. Shifting between methodical traps and arrow placements, to charging in like a wild animal with claws to fight up close. As for resource, I would want it to be similar in some ways to the barb’s fury, a character feuding between self control and wild throat-ripping-out rage/fury. I don’t think this character should have a double resource like the demon hunter, but it could possibly fit. I think maybe a variant that is more similar to the monk’s spirit would work better. Maybe with generators as usual, but all spenders can be used without resource and only have their cooldown, but get stronger/bonus effects when spending resource on them.

Something new. Or newish. A Ranger like class, i know Amazon is prett much a Ranger. It could have an animal companion, switch between bow and dual wielding. If done right could have a tracking system implemented.

Another new possibility: a mageknight, battlemage or what have you. Add elemental damage to weapons.

Necromancer, its a staple.

Herbmancer.

Raised in the southern marshes, where the first necromancers sprang from, herbmancers, averse to the use of human or demonic souls, specialized in using plants, insects, and some animals as a source of power.

They can summon plants and animals using only a few dead seed pieces of bones, gradually subtracting the surrounding life energy to accumulate it and use in their spells.

Summons poisonous vines, bushed trees, throws thorns, carnivorous plants, ferocious panthers, giant snakes. It uses tree bark, fur and scales as armor, can defend itself using walls of earth, stones, twigs, lianas and the like.

The main equipment is rings and crutches that hold essences, bones and seeds of the most powerful creatures in the swamp.

Blue knight

Born on an island off the coast of Scosglen, the Blue Knight specializes in the use of ice in combat.

It can use air humidity to create ice crystals and attack, use water to create weapons, create slippery places, thorny places, freeze the blood of opponents, stiffen its limbs by manipulating their body fluids (such as sweat), surround their weapons with Sharp ice increases efficiency, creates water and ice clones, launches gusts of water, water shots, fog, water and ice prisons, among others.

The equipment is the saber and the gourd where it holds special waters that have different effects.

I want my Paladin with Enigma. Amazon with Faith.

That’s a shame! Then see you in the expansion? J/k

They’ll probably have a ranged class at the start since there isn’t any at the moment.