Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

You said it. for launch.

They can always add more later, I’m not even upset by this.

Actually we are thinking like previous games which started as 5 classes for beginning. But it’s sort of MMORPG/Openworld style I see after watching the DEMO. So, how about to be seeing all knowing classes at the beginning? Necromancer, Rogue, Demon Hunter, Amazon, Witch doctor etc. All of them! Maybe some new classes like Cleric, Bard etc.

Id love to see a Thief or Ranger type. Definitely a class with a melee/range option

Telepaths.

There is already a prediction of the use of telepathy and telekinesis in D2, both in assassin and sorceress.

She would use group control skills, mental mastery, throwing, crushing, levitation, illusion, mental impacts, mental waves, psionic shields, psionic armor, increased ally and self attributes, moving groups of monsters with precision, deflecting and rebounding projectiles, copying skills from others.

The main equipment would be a helmet that would increase skills, weapons would float and attack at long range even if they were melee weapons.

It would be nice.

2 Likes

samurai
Combines demon hunter and Amazon type skills.

3 Likes

Maybe the Oracle Caste, from Skovos Isles

2 Likes

Theurgist- a magician who supposedly summons gods

1 Like

I do think new classes would be great. They had the Amazon and druid a break in d3 and now i say it’s the witch doctors turn to sit on the bench. Id really like to see a cleric or priest class. With real tank/heal mechanics coming to diablo. Not a single game in this series really relies on that kind of composition or cooperation. With the continuation of no single player, why not assume that people fill roles rather than every class fufilling every role… that arcade mentality cheapened diablo 3 in my mind.

1 Like

I’d like to see a class be a small group. Like, playing as a group of people. Consider a village in danger from ruthless monsters, but in comes a Druid? Barbarian? No, the player rolls in as a village militia.

They would work together with primitive village instruments in creative ways to stem the tide of evil. You could add a Hong Kong Protesters DLC skin for some extra $$$.

priest- both paladin and crusader skills.

2 Likes

Metahumans.

They are humanity’s reaction to demons, angels, and nephalens, after the gates of heaven close and humanity feels abandoned.

They are the result of experiments with demons and humans, scientists and occultists who have discovered how to extract the demonic essence and insert it into humans to awaken their demonic sides.
With training they can summon demonic hordes, can turn body parts into weapons, increase their elemental resistances, can read and master ancient spells easily, are proficient in close combat, do not need to mount because they become fast and strong demons, have weapons embedded in the bodies and can alter body composition in battles.

The main equipment is the spiked claws and the spiky armor.

He attacks by throwing himself towards the enemy, passing through it and dealing damage in the process.

1 Like

Sealing master.

He exists for one reason: He wants to send all the destabilizers of the sanctuary to Limbo, where he draws his strength and where Leviathan is.

He is, of course, a sealing master, can mark areas with seals, surprise enemies with quick teleports, explosions, position reversals, immobilizations, slowness, chains, throws, and can also open portals for short periods of time and bring from Limbo to the battlefield creatures, weather effects, and other things.

The sealing master uses scrolls in one hand and a brush in the other.

Medium-range magical attacks, consist of floating symbols that hit enemies.

2 Likes

Paladin…that’s it.

I need my 1h/shield holy knight in shining armor back to fight the Evil from the Burning Hells.
And now that we got horse mounts, oh boy does it make sense! (Chivalry)

D2 necromancer is required imo. The dark and grittiness is so perfect for that class. Necro has such a huge following, I think it’d be a mistake to not include it.

1 Like

Knowing Monks probably wont be in this game kinda breaks it for me…
Still hoping to see monks, even with a DLC

I’m not sure about Paladin/Crusader either due to the gate of the heavens closed, is their power diminished or gone?

No d3 classes. It doesn’t even fit in the meta. The monk was initially meant to replace the druid and the paladin, and the witch doctor was the dumbed down version of the necromancer.

Just add the 7 Diablo 2 classes and every fan will be happy.

1 Like

This entire thread is people commenting who have never played Diablo 1 or 2 and it really shows. The witch doctor and monk wouldn’t even fit in the meta for Diablo 4. The monk was made to replace the Paladin and the druid, and the Paladin has been the most iconic character in all of Diablo. The paladin needs to return. blizzard tried to fix this by adding a crusader with a hammer ability but if they just add in the paladin, it would be loved with the community.

Diablo 4 isn’t a sequel to Diablo 3. It’s a sequel to Diablo 2. That’s what the community wants. Just add in the classic 7 classes that were in Diablo 2 and none of that little kid stuff that made Diablo 3 awful.

I also see people saying random things like metahumans or samurai… What?.. This is a diablo game. All the Diablo 2 classes existed at one point or another in history. Amazons, assassins, necromancer (who was literally non dumbed down version of the witch doctor from d3), paladin, druid and sorceress (or mage). Why would they even add a samurai when that’s an Asian theme and we already have a Barbarian.

To all these “fans” commenting, go play Diablo 1 and 2 before making a thread comment.

*They made Demon hunter to replace the Assassin to be a more PG friendly name. There is no such thing as a demon hunter. Go back to the amazon and assassin classes.

3 Likes

Monk was in hellfire, you’re a very committed poser

6 Likes

Why wouldn’t they fit the meta? Monk hardly replaces any of the D2 classes. WD is a bit closer to Necromancer, but they are still relatively different from each other.

1 Like