Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

1. Death knight - paladin/necro hybrid play style. After d3 the angels abandoned us and then malthael and his angelic followers attempted genocide on us. So it would make sense that a former crusader/paladin might lose their faith and start dabbling in the arcane. This would fill three roles: the dark edgelord class as well as a shield bearing class and the “holy” church or whatever class.
  2. Demon hunter: works well as a surrogate for the Amazon (who are all girls by definition so wouldn’t really work with their gender options) and the assassin as they use both ranged attacks and traps.

Realistically though from what we’ve seen I think these are all going to be classes we’ve got from d2 and d2:lod. The biggest “hint” is the sorceress - a classic d2 character that they could have named like 10 different things: mage, occultist, wizard, elementalist, warlock, etc. but they instead went with the sorceress which feels very deliberate- paired with the d2 camp fire selection screen I’m pretty sure all the classes will have been in d2. If I was a betting man I’d say Amazon (even though it doesn’t make sense to have male amazons) and a paladin are likely. Assassins and necros will sell an expansion pack like hot cakes if the game is even halfway decent so it makes sense to hold off on them.

4 Likes

I think I was watching Quinn69’s stream with one of the devs and they were talking about the cinematic and the dev stated that the person who revived lillith was an occultist or something - he didn’t explicitly state it wasn’t rathma but he did call him something else. So my take away was that it wasn’t rathma in the cinematic and the guy calling lillith mother was likely just in reference to her being the progenitor of mankind as a whole. This would fit established lore as rathma wasn’t on good terms with his parents and was all about serving the balance of life and death. If lillith, mother of the first necromancer, returns that might make a strong case for the necromancer to be included.

Paladin and Necromancer, with Assassin or ranged class for the first expansion.

1 Like

Necromancer and to a lesser degree Assassin were classes i liked to play back then, but i would not mind them doing something new if it is good.

I would love see new class like a pirate with saber sword, handgun/blunderbuss and stunning/smoke bombs, and some hook/grabblegun

1 Like

If an Archer Class is not included in the initial release, I won’t be buying or playing D4 until the Expansion is released.

I almost did this with D3. But, at the last moment, they announced the Demon Hunter. And even though I didn’t pre-order D3, I did get a copy as soon as it hit the shelves.

1 Like

Amazon, Necromancer, Assassin, Paladin.

2 Likes

someone mentioned a death knight type which sounds like a filler for pally/crusader but not sure how his skills would fit into the holy type. could see it as a potential if they could make it work. they probably need another range type which i could go with amazonian type. also wouldnt mind seeing some new heroes like warlock type could definitely work. he could be more demon based and maybe instead of skeletons, more demonic types.

I never played the amazon so I would love that one.
And there just has to be a minion class for me, so necro or whatever you want to call it.

Amazon; Seriously what else? The game is missing a bow/crossbow class.

1 Like

Well, they already introduced a spirit user so I doubt a monk will be part of the 5.
In future expansions I hope they introduce 2 new classes instead of one.

Demon Hunter (or equivalent) be nice to also allow this class to use other weapons than just bows/crossbows & daggers.

Paladin/Crusader next for me

Necromancer slightly over Witch Doctor

1 Like

I guess Necromancer and Demon Hunter will be the next 2 ones.

Necromancer because it fits very well in the story, and makes a pair with Sorceress as INT users/arcane oriented character. If the Necromancers are introduced to game, Hatma maybe will be a central part of events too.

Demon hunter as they showed bows, and crosbows in panel, but no one of the 3 previous class fits well with them to be a main ranged character. As they will put a great effort to show and explain Demon huters’ creation on Diablo Imortal, i think they will put them on D4. And they fit well in story too.

BUT, i realy want to see WD coming back at D4. I never was a great fan of them, but i guess they were not well introduced in D3. Their relations to Hawezar region and Kurast city would bring a nice chance to make them shine at D4.

necro from the beginning. not with an expansion.

1 Like

I won’t buy D4 if there no Paladin class.

2 Likes

I want an old feeble personal who slowly walks with a cane. Obviously spell caster but the option to hit people with his/her cane as well for humor.

Definitely an Amazon/range and Paladin/buff/support

But the thing is, I really wanna see new classes too…
something new like… Farmer?

1 Like

It would a shame not to bring back the Necro and the demon hunter.

Knight/Paladin.

Summoner

1 Like

This is a yes. I like the idea a lot.

I would definitely like to see a D4 version of the necromancer, also some kind of non religious knight / warrior with different kinds of melee specializations instead of magic abilities