Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

Maybe Amazon: with javelin and shield. She could have melee, ranged and shield skills, and also create a clone that fight at your side.

1 Like

Amazon, definitely. A ranged character is a must.

The second slot is trickier. A summoner class like a necro or wd, or a second melee class like a paladin/monk? Iā€™d probably prefer a summoner just for an initial diversity of mechanics.

1 Like

The 5 original ones need to come back. Then later down the road (if we get the exp) it would be great to see a brand new character that would offer different gameplay possibilities e.g. alchemist.

1 Like

I really like to see Paladin and Amazon back to the adventure. But also Iā€™m still Necromancer fan. Itā€™s really hard to decideā€¦ but Iā€™m also good with Druidā€™ return.

8 Likes

Thereā€™s obviously 3+ archetypes missing and 2 more classes available. No matter what there will be a huge hole in the class roster.

They didnā€™t think it through when they added the Druid and decided to only have 5 classes.

2 Likes

Rogue/Amazon and Paladin/Crusader

2 Likes

The Necromancerā€¦ with the ability to command the dead army.

5 Likes

What Iā€™d really like to see is classes that twist the traditional archetypes on themselves. Like instead of a demon hunter, we have a witch hunter who uses bows, crossbows, onehanded weapons and holy magic to fight. Then maybe a twist on the traditional paladin class but a dark templar who uses debuffing auras and all sorts of dark magic while using two handed weapons and shields and spears and what not.

3 Likes

My answer is actually surprising even to myself:
The top three I would like to see:

• Crusader/Paladin: With how theyā€™re talking about synergies and skill/ability interplay I think the Crusader (my preference) would be awesome at achieving this. We also donā€™t have a ā€˜Shieldā€™ class yet it sounds like so Iā€™d kind of like to have one of those in the game at launch

• Assassin: Again, this skill inteprlay was actually at the heart of how the D2 Assassin was designed so I think, for those who liked the class, D4 would already be a huge asset as the developers appear to be thinking in that way

• New Class (Ranged): Iā€™d like something brand new as well

Why am I surprised at my answer? I left off my favorite class, the Necromancer. Although my #2 and #3 are alreayd in or on my list (Druid and Crusader)

1 Like

I do like the idea of a dark knight of some kind. Summoning the dead Fighting with them and auras to assist the army.

4 Likes

I want a class that actually has the capacity to tank like an MMO style tank.

EVERYTHING HIT ME SO MY BUDDY CAN DO HIS GLASS CANNON BUILDS

So your avatar =p (20 characters)

There obviously has to be a range class, Iā€™d much prefer to see Amazon come back. D3 combining assassin/amazon was a letdown. There has to be a second int class so Necromancer. Now for D4 Expansion i think we can do something thats never been done in diablo historyā€¦ Release 3 heros for expansion, being Paladin, Assassin, and a brand new class.

1 Like

My first pick would be the Paladin. The flavor opportunity for a holy warrior when the story is about the High Heavens having refused humanityā€™s pleas for help for the past 10 years amid the growing wave of darkness brought on by Lilith (the renegade demon spawn of the Lord of Hatred) is too rich to ignore.

Iā€™m a bit hesitant on the Necromancer given the lore of Diablo 4 involving Rathma (the first necromancer). Ultimately I think whether or not Iā€™d want to see the Necromancer playable class comes down to how they give each class its story (through different dialog, etc. like Diablo 2). But I do think a minions class is a current gap.

My second pick would be an Amazon or Rogue, leaning into Bow use. Amazon might be the more interesting of the two, also giving us Javelin and Spear skills again, providing clear talent paths.

Thinking about expansions, Iā€™d love to see the Assassin, but maybe with some twists. E.g. throwing traps onto your enemies that create Hit Effects. For instance, a lightning web trap where hitting the enemy sends out lightning that damages and entangles other enemies nearby. It seems like the type of blending of technology and martial arts for which the Viz-Jaqā€™taar (Assassins) are supposed to be known. I also think a well-executed, dark Assassin fits the lore and the tone they appear to be trying to hit for D4 incredibly well. (Assassins in Sanctuary ruthlessly track down and kill mages - including the Diablo 2 sorceress.) Despite my love of this class and the potential I think it has, I put this in an expansion because, while itā€™s actually what I want most, I do not want it to be a bow class. I want it to use claws/katars again (as its primary/preferred type, but not preventing you from using other weapons). It could have talent trees for Shadow, Martial Arts, and Traps. :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with Jako and Dunstan.

I wouldnā€™t want to play a Diablo game without an Archer Class. Iā€™ve had fun playing all the Classes in all the Diablo games, but my favorite is the Archer.

In Diablo my main Character was the Rogue. In Diablo II I played an Amazon (Sniperzon). In Diablo III I play a Demon Hunter (currently UE/CCT).

For Diablo IV Iā€™m thinkingā€¦ :thinking:

Valkyrie

• Like the D4 Barbarian, sheā€™ll be able to equip 4 Weapons. A 2-Handed Melee Weapon, a 1-Hand Melee Weapon, dual-wield Hand Crossbows or a Bow and Quiver.

• Like the D4 Barbarian, when she uses a Skill that requires a Bow she will equip them/it. If she uses a Skill that requires a 2-Handed or 1-Hand Melee Weapon she will equip the appropriate Weapon.

• As far as gender goesā€¦ Well, D3 has a Wizard that is both male and female. (Not a Wizard and Warlock). It also has a Witch Doctor that is both male and female. (Not a Witch Doctor and Voodoo Priestess). I would also mention the male and female Crusader, but Game of Thrones broke that myth with Brienne of Tarth. I know, technically a Knight, butā€¦ (Not to mention the female, half-Elf Paladin, Aribeth, from Neverwinter Nights). And, according to its etymology, Valkyrie means ā€œchooser of the slainā€, despite being depicted as female figures by Norse mythology.

Or, just return the Amazon. But, give her the same features described above. :wink:

Anyway, just thinking out loudā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Give me some sea pirates and ninjas

3 Likes

I would love to have old classes as well as new.
For launch i expect at least one ranged archer archetype class and one summoner archetype for more variety, or it may also be the holy warrior archetype.
Classes i would like to see from the old games:
Amazon, Ranger or Demon Hunter, for the ranged type
Paladin, Monk, Crusader, for the holy warriors
Necromancer, Witch Doctor for the summoners

But i would also like something new. I think that with every expansion they could introduce a brand new class along an old one returning.

New classes i would like them to introduce are:

1. Cleric - this could be a good new alternative for the holy warriors, this should be a good melee fighters but with also a very good amount of healing, support and holy damage magics
  2. Ninja - this could be a mix between a light fast warrior and also a decent spells caster
  3. Warlock - Or Black Mage, Dark Summoner, it may have many names. A new summoner type, specialized in summoning demons, controlling creatures from hell and magics from hell and debufs with some heavy price to pay, like small amounts of life, some short temporary debuf or other things like that. I think it would fit very well with the new darker theme of the game.
2 Likes

Why no Druid in D3 tho?

Got to have my pally

1 Like

I was thinking sort of the same lines. With a Demon Hunter Class. Using Daggers, Bows, and Quivers. Have a Dagger Slot, Bow Slot, and Quiver Slot. Give the class bow, dagger, and trap skills.