Organising the right times

Hello all -

Season 23 is coming to a close. Below are the times on when Season 23 will end for each region.

North America - July 18 at 5pm PDT
Europe - July 18 at 5pm CEST
Asia - July 18 at 5pm KST

We will be providing a Season 24 preview soon which will include the start time for the next season. Stay Tuned!

Will we have two weeks downtime for new season?
We have seen last season start straight away, as much as that’s exciting it meant a lot of issues and bugs fell through like the FB wiz lagging entire servers out.
Can we have 2 weeks downtime to test and stress test how much some things will cause the server.
Get the servers stable and ready for when the season actually starts so 90% don’t get locked out for hours, making the start worthless to play or enjoyable

It don’t look like they’re trying to fix any bugs. If they were, wiz would be fixed for this season which it is not. It’s a server side lag. In addition, there is also the fmod sound bug which has been freezing games. Also, there’s a memory leak where your game will crash after playing for too long. These issues were around for a year… not fixed.

I’d rather have season start early.

3 Likes

No there will probably be only a 5-day gap between seasons as last time. 23 July is the most likely start date for S24.

3 Likes

Last season had a very short gap between one season ending and the next one starting, which was a departure from the week+ gaps of the previous few seasons, as per…

3 Likes

Also we have had very consistently for the last few seasons (since season 20 I believe) a 36-day lead time between PTR and season start… which from 17 June leads us again to 23 July. Anyway, we will know soon enough who wins this little bet :wink:

3 Likes

Last few seasons were 12 day turns from season end to start.
Last season was 5 day turn.
If they follow from season19 it will be 30th

That’s Blizzard’s countermeasure for botting.

AHhh, I see you don’t know how bug fixing works.

As the 5-10 second freezing issue due to sound DLLs has now been outstanding for over a year, I’m not sure he’s the only one.

Well, actually I happen to code. I code in assembly language. Maybe you know how to fix bugs and can enlighten us?

Don’t know if this is true or not, but I’d certainly like to believe it.

I’ll have a punt…

I would run a debug version of the client and let a bot (inhouse or otherwise) play the game against a debug version of the server. Attach profilers to the client and the server and get reports of hot paths.

You’ll have the information or an idea where the bug is coming from. I’m sure they have done something like this. I bet they found that some code, deep, deep inside the core of the game has the issue and they would have to rewrite a big chunk of the core code to fix this bug. And since there is a workaround, rewriting very delicate code which will have huge risks and will demand highly specialized people who are probably working on other games vs not acknowledging this publicly and leaving the bug where it is, is a very easy choice to make.

You’re adorable. So fiesty.