Open and vocal about d2 botting

what strategies they have taken to combat botting in d2r

how active will they be during launch and beyond catching cheaters

anything that potentially effects non cheaters needs to be transparent… game limits per hour, joining/rejoining to fast etc. things that may potentially effect legit players need to be public information so we can prevent ourselves from getting caught by the detectors.

have they considered an outside trading platform? being able to manage a trade list and browse others would go a long way in keeping people from straying to other sites.

anti cheating needs to be their #1 priority by far. and they need to keep us in the loop and prove they are going to actively moderate d2r

the success of this game 100% comes down to preventing bots

the issue is once they sell the game for $40, if they fail to prevent botting, they have already made their money. there needs to be some sort of promise or at least a refund option if they fail to prevent botting.

Moderator: Using the word Blizzard and similar words to call attention to your post is a violation of forum policies. Edited title to remove the word Blizzard.

1 Like

A Refund If They Fail To Prevent Botting?
You Dont Live In The Real World Do You?

2 Likes

I DO

its not my fault consumers are suckers who constantly let companies poop all over them.

WE have to sign TOS’s to not cheat… THEY should be held accountable for allowing it to happen

3 Likes

Way to set yourself up for disappointment. Learn to reconcile reality with ideals good sir.

1. Not many.

2. Not very.

And that’s not being overly critical of Blizzard - sad fact is people cheat. Even more people will cheat when they think they can get away it, and people will find more ways to cheat than Blizzard will find to stop them.

So, D2R is going to have the same hacks, bots and cheats, more or less, that D2/LOD does.

If that’s a deal breaker for you, then best not buy D2R, because, as much as you or I might wish it otherwise, it ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like

I agree cheating is a big issue, but Id like to hear more about the new battle.net. Are we getting temp banned for making games too fast still? Can we get a timer so we can know because bots have delays obviously to not hit this, but its harder as a human for me to know I made 6 games in the last 10 minutes which is over some limit.
Other things like realm down, connection issues, using VPN, or swapping characters too fast? Is the new battle.net going to be less laggy or display our ping?
I understand diablo 2 and old battle.net is pretty old now. Some stuff I am sure just cant be easily changed or fixed so they have a lot of rules to stop bots, but it punishes players probably more than bots.