Only 10% of players want Rend/WW Barb Nerfed for next season

Maybe it’s my unoptimized gear, but Seismic Slam and IK HoTA look a lot weaker than WW and R6. Maybe you need one more buff to be competitive. I would like to see them on the same level as ww and r6

With this in mind, lets assume that both wizard and necromancers drop 2 greater rifts and barbs get to 145 on live. Fo simplicity, I’ll assume the other classes don’t change.

Projected era if buffs/nerfs go live

Barb 145 (assuming middle of darkpatator’s estimate)
Crusader 138
Demon Hunter 139
Monk 134
Necromancer 140 (assuming 2 grift drop due to nerf)
Witch Doctor 140
Wizard 142 (assuming 2 grift drop due to nerf)

Barbs would be 3 grifts ahead of wizard and 5 greater rifts ahead of the 3rd “best” solo class. Barbs would be 11 greater rifts ahead of monks.

If barbs were buffed just a little less well (let say to a 143), they would still be the top solo class but not as far above. Remember that the top wizard build in the current era (in America/EU/Asia) is only 144. and it is being nerfed. This build was called “” by a “barb influencer”.

Although some claim that there are multiple definitions of balance, I think most have been using this term to relate to the differences between classes. In the barb buff proposal, it was reiterated that the goal was to achieve parity between classes for their top builds and also have intraclass parity.

1 Like

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whats the point then? Everyone is saying ww rend should be nerfed because its “stronger than post nerf chantodo” when pre nerf chantodo was still the second strongest wizard build

Kika, JF was referring to ik hota. Its too weak. Also titannova holds the world no 1 record to ik hota. When it comes to ik hota, he is like you to Roland sweeper.

Just sayin: A real monk playin WoL should be faster on 100. When at 110 the live version of vyr is much faster, so a 100 is never a measure for competition.

There are many suggestions to monks here: Monk and what we really need
That would make them better playable but still only maybe 1 lvl more doable. There are then missing some change of numers in sets or legs so pls blizz do somethin.

1 Like

Ah ok. I was of course talking about rend. I’ll edit my post to make it clear.

Yes that’[s pretty accurate in terms of mechanics and the different classes.

For me and perhaps only for me, I made that definition simpler, being that if each class and each set is within 3-5 GR’s of each other with the top scores, regardless of what the set possesses and the mechanics in DPS etc etc etc, then there is ‘A balance.’
Cheers

1 Like

Right but not everone runs a starpact wizard bcos its an insane play style…its the fact that vyrs chantodos got nerfed bcos its so easy and accessible to do.

Just like ww rend barb…hence why it will get nerfed.

I think this definition is what most people use or a rough approximation thereof.

If all classes were 138-143, I think that there might still be room for fine tuning but that would be 5 grift difference. To get there, barbs would need to drop 2-3 grift levels relative to the ww/rend potential of the build relative to the PTR. Monks would still need at least a 4 grift buff to get to 138 (the bottom of the range 138-143).

1 Like

Would you say that if they ‘un-nerfed’ the todo’s set, that it would achieve the facility of not having to nerf the Barbarian and only raise all other sets? They are going to have to do that in one way or another anyway it seems (raise the other sets i.e.).

Bliz actually have enough feedback for rend, chant. They will know how to do with it.

We should focus more on new set, HotA, SS. I think ppl all agree that balance does not only depends on nerfing some builds, it also means buff the weak one.

Look at the threads count. How many ppl actually talk about HotA, SS, new crusader set(too weak), new monk set(extremely weak)?

So may troll thread about rend. Most of them are not constructive. In other words, meaningless.

2 Likes

I think that there are multiple solutions.

Range 1: 138-143

To get there:

1. Buff monks 4 grifts (at least)
  2. Buff barbs class slightly less strongly (2-3 grifts)
  3. Follow through on wizard nerf (2-3 grifts)
  4. No need to nerf necromancers (unless this is truly a playstyle issue)

Range 2: 140-145

1. Buff monks 6 grifts (at least)
  2. Buff barbs as done in PTR
  3. Do not nerf wizards
  4. No need to nerf necromancers (unless this is truly a playstyle issue)
  5. Buff crusaders
  6. Buff demon hunters

Overall, I would say the options are not catastrophically different. Excluding “poor” monks, a 138-143 range can be achieved next patch with only a slight change to the magnitude of the barb buff relative to the current PTR patch.

Theoretically, Blizzard could get all classes to 138-143 if they could figure out the appropriate revised numbers for the new monk set/supporting legendaries.

1 Like

Nerf nothing. Analyze everything that needs or can be brought up to GR140-145 at a reasonable para level and get it done. That’s a solution, and if there’s a definition for ‘balance’…I wish that was it.
‘Balance’ calls all seem to be 100% pro-nerf “because its not the build I play, and you should just live with it”.
Eff that. Give all classes more power and toughness and stop holding the average player back, because that’s all nerfs do.

How’s D2 remaster coming along guys? lulz

1 Like

Idk, i just want Singularity and zmonk/zbarb buried beneath the ground

Interestingly I watched a high clear on the PTR and the comment was that the season buff was the reason for the high clear as opposed to the Barb buff.

The 140 barb clear was non-season. The player estimate the build can do 145.

No seasonal buff.

1 Like

I can honestly say I have never heard of you?

So some obscure player posts a poll on a non official medium and its supposed to be accepted as accurate? I am afraid thats not how it works.

Stop putting words in others mouths, he was obviously talking about the Seasonal board and yes there WAS a video showing it and claiming exactly what he stated.

No he wasn’t it was a different clear, you chose to conflate it to keep pushing your agenda.

EDIT: I find it interesting that the system prevents me from quoting your post.

1 Like