Only 10% of players want Rend/WW Barb Nerfed for next season

I have a YouTube Diablo 3 channel (Filthy Casual) and put a question to my community ‘Should Whirlwind/Rend Barb be nerfed?’

I gave three options

1. Not at all
  2. Yes, but after Season 20
  3. Nerf it now

The vote has been up on my community tab for just over 24 hrs and has 625 votes at the time of posting.

The results where overwhelmingly against a nerf

77% - Not at all
13% - Yes, but after Season 20
10% - Nerf it now

I’m not sure if this a big enough sample size, or if it reflects the general feeling in the community, but from the players I engage with, it seems as though a nerf is not what the community at large wants.

Hope this helpful

Filthy

28 Likes

So, 23% of the people that responded weren’t Barbs then.

13 Likes

If it does get a nerf. Only nerf belt like 10%.

1 Like

First, love your channel!

Secondly, the question should have been ‘think’ and not ‘want’. I do believe much of the players think it will be nerfed, but actually do not want it to happen since they actually listened and gave barb some great long needed power!

I am one of those players who only think they’ll nerf, not actually want it.

1 Like

lol that would be hilariously pointless

4 Likes

darkpatator has discussed ww/rend on the forum. He thinks he can clear 144-146 with this build if it goes live.

2 Likes

I know but can say it got nerfed at least to all the wiz players who are the majority of the ones who want nerf.

I wouldn’t doubt it, I know he did the 140 without much fishing. The dude is 10k paragon though, let him do whatever and leave the rest of us mere mortals alone :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is he the one with 10k para and 12Mill sheet damage

In relation to his 140 clear on PTR non-season, he said he used a wrong rune, his gear could be better, more fishing, and use of a physical FoT amulet with pylons in the right order instead of the hellfire amulet.

He did his 140 on non-season and referring to non-season top clears.

1 Like

Yes, I’m not saying he’s the only one who’s capable of a 140 though but can only go by what’s been cleared, I don’t think there’s much ‘holding out’ though tbh.

1 Like

I mean, isn’t this optimal? Sounds like double power double conduit would > any passive

1 Like

You are correct. By switching to FoT he wrote that would give him a bump of 1-1.5 tiers if pylons were in the right order.

If blizzard chose to buff the ww/rend build really well but lets say 2-grifts rifts less strong, it would still be the top build assuming wizards drop 2 rifts with their nerf.

1 Like

Well I would like to try it out in the next season, but that depends on if they nerf it or not.
Tried the chantodo vyr build just today and I did not like the playstyle.
If I like this Barb build I might just put some time into it.
That would be pretty much the first time since vanilla d3, other than leveling a barb to 70.

Oh my bad, I misunderstood, he did that clear with a Hellfire and unoptimized rune. Gotcha.

And yes that would be correct, the wizard nerf is about 3.5 GR’s, which at the top end due to higher toughness and a Squirts fix might only be about 2 GR drop, indeed.

Yes that’s why taking Lamentation to 100% instead of 200% would be a far better approach than these guys wanting a 6-7 GR nerf by removing Rend modifiers all together on a 6pc! That’s too much.

But at the end of the day, I really wouldn’t mind seeing it just stay and maybe adjust it next season. Let Barb be OP for once :smiley:

Right now we got Angels and Geysers laughing at us all!

1 Like

Maybe, but I thought I’d bring it up as a voice for my community and to check if the wider player base feels the same.

Being upfront, I don’t really want it Nerfing, so people could be picking up on that, although only 10% wanting a nerf is very low

2 Likes

I’ve watched your channel a few times in the past to get a rough idea of things I’d like to try, and I get the sense that you prefer necro over most classes, so I’d think that your audience isn’t primarily barbarian. But I feel that there could be possible bias from the community, as people are searching for WW Barb builds and you’ve made a few videos about them, so your community may have quite a few barb watchers now. But people aren’t going volunteer to be nerfed. Ever. Especially in the community that exists within Diablo 3, and especially when most barb players have been itching for something that isn’t HOTA/FC to play…

I touched on a slight nerf for WW Barb that would be fair to WW barb, but not “heavy handed” as blizzard is known to do. (The idea that “if we made something too powerful in PTR, we must nerf it into the ground” is a common theme amongst blizzard games.) Let me know what you think about my post if you’d like, and possibly share the idea with your community and see what they think? The nerf would be roughly a 35% damage reduction, which is completely fair considering how hard Rend hits (6-10T) for the average geared player with ~lvl 80 gems and no augments (which is easy to obtain at this point)

Another issue I have with this build is that its extreme mobility and continuous damage makes pulling mobs together so easy. A great player with this build will really rip up a fished rift like paper.

1 Like

And RxT was supposedly plowing 125s back in the day. Caused a nerf. WW barb was in dust since then.

Now we got darkpotatoes…

3 Likes

The issue is still the Chantodo case or The Furnace case more explicitly.

If the Ambo’s Pride goes live, then Whirlwind is history. Rend is more than 20 times stronger than Whirlwind, so there’s no chance of it getting buffed to that level.

Unless they go in and nerf Ambo’s Pride later on, but then you face the whole legacy item issue, where existing items have to be changed. And that is very tedious and troublesome, but much easier with sets as they change dynamically.

So it is a matter of what they want for the future of the build.