Oneofthebest - Account Issue

they also pulled this ‘bug’ on some peoples AFK accounts. One of my friends that I actually played D3 with during release mysteriously lost his D3 purchase on his account after not logging in for 2 years. I’m guessing nobody will take Blizz to court over $60 so they will essentially rob a calculated amount of people, see what happens, and continue.

This post doesn’t belong in here btw; and you buddy should’ve logged in once in two years;

This is not related to the topic of this thread, but I wanted to address it. Blizzard does NOT remove purchases from an account for being AFK. They only do it if the player submits a request to have the Bnet account closed permanently, or the purchase failed. People are usually aware of a failed purchase within a few days.

The other oddity that can happen with D3 is that some people got it through the WoW Annual Pass promotion. That required them to pay their WoW sub for 12 straight months. If they did not pay one of those months, or stopped, then the digital rewards were removed from the account. That included the copy of D3 the promotion granted.

There was a bug at one point that impacted some Annual Pass promotion folks where they incorrectly lost access to the game, despite having completed the Annual Pass requirements.

Your friend really needs to contact Blizzard and ask about their copy of D3. Billing will be happy to sort it out and confirm why it is not on the account. Again, they never remove a game key for being AFK.

Oh, the other really common thing that happens is that people have more than one Battlenet account and forget which account they have D3 on.

Regardless, Billing will be happy to help him sort it out. I highly recommend he talk to them during business hours when Live Chat and Callback are open. He needs to be prepared to prove he is the account holder by providing Govt Issued ID, but other than that it is easy.

Govt Issued ID info Blizzard Support - Providing Supporting Documentation

Support link for D3 purchase problems (not listed) Blizzard Support - Contact Support

Have him click the Contact Us button at the bottom of that page.

1 Like