One simple question,who can tell me?

is there temp ban in d2r?

the beta you didnt get one for creating games too fast. that was probably no 1 reason for temp bans in d2

Why are you asking? What are you going to try to do?

So what does this allow players to do now? Can we join other peoples games, farm pindle and leave? or something along those lines?

According to this guy, he tested it and didn’t experience temp bans for remaking games too quickly. We still don’t know for sure because it was tested during beta, but it’s a good sign anyway. We’ll have to see. He talks about it at 1 minute into this video:

2 Likes

Farm Pindle/Eldrtich

They didnt say anything about game creation restrictions, there should not be any realm down for that behaving, at least at release, lets see what measures they take when botting starts…

lol what are you assuming. lmao

For those who don’t know, the old Battlenet where D2 (2000) and LoD reside does not have great anti cheat tech. It was overrun by bots and unstable as heck for many reasons.

To help resolve some of it, they restricted some play styles and access conditions. The software handles it automatically and issues a Temp restriction. This includes 2 weeks for using a VPN or Commercial ISP. Something a lot of people do and would not think they could get suspended for. Here is the whole list.

D2R is on Battlenet 2.0! Modern Bnet with all the other Blizzard games. That infrastructure has other means of handling stability an does not need to use the antiquated methods.

The temp restrictions on VPNs, commercial ISP, etc. don’t exist on modern Bnet. VPNs are not “supported” in that Blizz won’t help make them work, but they don’t result in an auto suspension anymore (which is good). However, a VPN along with shady behavior can get an account flagged so be a bit careful.

If Blizz ends up with stability issues due to game creation speeds and things, they will just add in a warning that says “you must wait to create a new game”. They won’t suspend you JUST for that. Now, if you are botting that is totally different. That is likely to get a ban hammer in a ban wave.

Something else to be aware of with VPNs, it changes the IP location you connect from. Blizz modern Bnet account security has some protection measures for you such that if your login pattern changes too much, it challenges your login credentials. It may lock you out and make you change your password or confirm with a code. If you have an Authenticator on the account it greatly reduces the challenges you will get and makes it easy to put in a code if you happen to get one. Highly recommend esp if you travel a lot.

Last, read this post I did on Account Security and preventing the shady item selling sites from phishing you or getting in to steal your account - and get you banned. Don’t download ANYTHING that is not from Blizzard and beware of any “apps” related to D2R and even mass invites to Discord sites. Your account is a target way before release. They collect your email/password from malware/phishing/bad websites then sit on it until you have enough to compromise and sell off.

2 Likes

Fantastic!

Characters…

This is why I stop my runs and hostile you with the rest of the party.

Go farm your own games or lose all your gold. :man_shrugging:

He says “sork” instead of “source”. My ears are bleeding. :stuck_out_tongue: