One of the things

I’ve disliked most about the gamer world is jealous how everyone is about the other players toons attacks, In D2 amongst other abilitys it was about the Paladins Blessed Hammers, Or the Sorc’s Frozen Orb Chained Lightning attacks,Teleport abilitys, The Amazons Strafe or Javelin attacks, Really if their so good n strong make one n play it, I tried a Blessed Hammer Paladin and didn’t like it I did like two of the Auradins tho I also made played Necromancers and Druids and didn’t care for them either, So in the end play what you like and stop screaming nerf it every other breath. In D3 the Barb n Monk players set up a chain of events screaming nerf the DH because they felt only meelee attacks should high damage, And when the DH got nerfed it became the Wizards turn and then the Witch Doctors, They didn’t care that while the ranged classes got higher damage in exchange for being super squishy or glass cannons nor did they care that ranged classes had to attack within meelee range and when the time came that the it was the Barbs and Monks turn just as they were warned it would they left the game rather than face the consequences of their actions. So think about it people you you can ask for a class to be nerfed a time will but a time will come when your character gets balanced as well enuff said rant over

3 Likes

A developer should be focused on game balance, not angry forum posters. You would think a reasonable developer would look at the mechanics and see whether the statements are valid. Otherwise they would be blindly making changes for no good reason.

3 Likes

Sadly your not describing the Blizzard/Buzzard of the past ten years

1 Like

Not on a remaster they shouldn’t.

Balance D2, you will ruin the game. Its beauty lies in imbalances.

9 Likes

Who said Blizzard had reasonable developers? ROFL

You wouldn’t go on YouTube and take flamers seriously.

Games should be balanced, period.

Unbalanced games are broken games.

1 Like

Is Diablo2 currently a broken game? your reasoning seems extremely flawed.

No, not all games should be perfectly balanced.

If they were to make all 7 classes comparable in AoE dmg, ST dmg, MF capabilities, this would be a drastically more boring game. No thanks, they will be balancing the absolute crap out of Dimmortal and D4, please don’t try to ruin what makes D2 great.

7 Likes

What are you going on about?

Quote : “You would think a reasonable developer would look at the mechanics and see whether the statements are valid.

A balanced games makes more builds viable, period. Everything in a game would be designed to give you choices, not push you to use the same builds. The literal concept of balance would be to make choices viable in different ways.

1 Like

Some people want changes, others do not want changes.
It’s okay to change this but it is not okay to change that.

• Which one is it this week?
1 Like

The balance of D2 is fine, each character has multiple farming methods, and are capable of running lots of end game content solo.

Some are slower at some things, faster at others. They’re all balanced to do different things at different times, in different team setups. We do not need 7 carbon copy classes doing the exact same thing.

Barbs have BO, but are slower in the start of the game, Paladins have auras, but are specialized in one of a few different ways, Necros are tanks with minions or one of the best rune finders in the game.

Not all chars need to do the exact same thing, the balance is fine.

4 Likes

You mean like what happened again and again in D3?:man_facepalming: With classes,skills and weapons being buffed nerfed and buffed Ad Infinitum on and on and on?:man_facepalming: Yup sadly what your describings not the Blizzard/Buzzard we have and see today

People who don’t want changes want people who want changes to not want changes.

People who want changes want people who don’t want changes to want changes.

To want change, or not to want change? That is the question.

3 Likes

Who said anything about doing the exact same thing? You balance things by making them equally desirable, not by making them the same. Also, what are you going on about, my opening post was talking about reasonable developers. You’re obviously talking about something else entirely.

I love you right now but not in the way you think. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

1 Like

And the stuff that happened again and again to Diablo 2 as well. You do realize the original team for diablo 2 quit in 2003 and the new patches were added by the new blizzard staff.

And again what your describings not the Blizzard/Buzzard we have to day

It’s a general concept. It’s also rhetorical.

All 7 classes are desirable to play. They each have unique playstyles, and there are plenty of players that prefer each. I don’t understand your argument, at all.

Your comment mentioned balance and how game developers should focus on balance, and this is the D2R forum. I don’t know what else you could possibly be talking about other than D2R’s balance.

3 Likes

I made a general statement about making reasonable decisions by seeing if those reasons are valid or not. But you’re just here to argue about making changes to the game, which I never even stated in my post.

You stated that a game developer (obviously Blizzard in this case) should be focused on balance, in a game that is remastered

No, they shouldn’t be focused on balance at all. They should be focused on artwork, getting the game running smoothly, and keeping cheaters at bay when the game launches.

Balance should be the absolute last thing in their minds.

3 Likes