One last Twister change please

Keep everything as is in latest patch and just change
Valthek’s Rebuke:
Energy Twisters now travel in a straight path Energy Twisters now gain the Wicked Wind rune and deal 400% increased damage

This will solve all Twister problems honestly, don’t like Twisters standing still? Don’t use the weapon, especially after S22 it will be a choice. Otherwise welcome back to S5/6 with corner farming :face_vomiting:.

12 Likes

Something needs to be done, for sure. I hate gimmicky gameplay, and if I have to find corners to cast into, I won’t play the build.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you!

1 Like

True enough…how does twister moving straight help again?

2 Likes

We want drunk twisters! Teach them drunk kung-fu tehnique pls! <3

1 Like

Here’s my take on the situation:

• On one hand, Twisters in place are undeniably easier to use.
  • On another, moving ones give fitting and interesting flavor; it’s something that makes it Twister and not some other spell.
  • On yet another, the Twisted Sword update seems to intend for us to pick Wicked Wind already (assuming Raging Storm damage is given too; if it’s not it should be).
  • On a final hand, having both runes given to us might offer use of Storm Chaser instead, which is really cool too.

So overall I’ll agree.

Do you know that just fixing Wicked Wind rune bug doing half of the damage of Raging Storm would accomplish almost the same thing as you proposed?
If RS rune damage would’t be overwritten by WW damage then no one would use corner stacking because taking WW rune twisters would be stationary and would deal full damage.

Giving WW rune to Valtheks or other item would be perfect but we Wizards proposed it weeks ago, before PTR even started and Blizzard didn’t listen. Do you think they will listen now, when PTR is almost over?

You should be advocating for fixing this bug. I don’t know why you are so stubborn.
But even with fixing this bug Twister Wizard is still too weak, even in season when you deal 4.25X more dmage than in non season (Deathwish sword in 4th cube slot).

2 Likes

Because I like choices and again that’s not a bug that’s how Wicked Wind works, it’s not suppose to do base Twister damage thus merging into another gives it double damage just like Raging, not almost quadruple.

You ‘buff’ that and everyone just uses Wicked Wind rune. You give Wicked Rune free and oh look, you can use Mistral Breeze, Gale Force or Storm Chaser, much better.

Either way though, if that’s the route they want to go one or the other must be done, I think this way would be better but with such little time it does make sense to just make Wicked Wind (and Raging Storm rune for that matter which is the actual bug) to do the full Raging 3200%.

1 Like

options are always better, but Blizzard should focus on evaluating what takes the least amount of time to fix and go with that.

maybe even addressing some other issues with the class.
ES or WF anyone?
don’t have high hopes anymore on these but twisters need a fast and easy fix to not delay anything even further.

1 Like

You still doesn’t get it! It is bug how Wicked Wind rune works together with Raging Storm rune from Twisted Sword.

RS deals 3200% damage when two twisters are combined, right?
So no matter which additional rune you choose, you should do RS rune damage plus the effect of the chosen rune.
And it works like that with every rune except Wicked Wind! In this case RS damage is overwritten by WW damage, so it deals just 2x835%, roughly two times less.

If two runes are selected their effects should be combined and base damage should be taken those higher one among these two runes. This is logical!

well it’s almost the same damage for every other rune.
have you actually tested that?
3200% of RS (2 twisters = 1 tornado) and
3050% (2 twisters) of unruned/Mistral Breeze/Gale Force(bad rune for testing)/Storm Chaser

you actually need a very accurate playing field to test this properly. so are you sure it’s not “bugged” for all runes?

and yes it would make sense that every rune applied no matter what should do the full 3200% of Raging Storm with the new TTS affix.

1 Like

No I understand it completely, you guys are the ones not understanding it. What’s logical is exactly what it’s doing now, two twisters combining gives the Twisters double damage. Base Twisters do 1525% hence double is just shy of Raging Storms 3200% (and I bet all the other Twister runes do not do 3200% when combined either). Wicked is 825% so it combining would actually be slightly over base Twister @ 1650%. If Wicked did 3200% by standing still (so no sacrifice at all) why would you choose any other rune?

What giving the Raging Storm rune actually does is make it’s radius almost triple from base and double it’s proc scaler (as well as freeing up another Twister to save from lag) that’s a massive buff to WW already that many are dismissing and only focusing on weapon % damage.

By just giving everything the Wicked Wind rune through Valthek’s you now have 3 choices vs buffing WW to do Raging = always Wicked Wind, absolutely no point in using anything else.

Exactly! From what I’ve seen in videos only Wicked Rune is being highlighted here, I bet you none of the runes are doing the 3200% damage of Raging. So like I said it’s either fully bugged or not bugged at all and Blizzard only really intended to merge the existing weapon % damage just to cut down on the lags, not give it a damage buff % by merging. That would make sense to me albeit disappointing.

2 Likes

You keep saying this as though your conclusion is the only logical conclusion. It is not. If you take something like furious charge (which gets all runes from raekor’s) as an example, the elemental damage type is determined by your chosen rune. The implication is that, all else being equal, when there’s a conflict, your chosen rune takes precedence over granted runes. Unfortunately, there aren’t really other examples of multiple runes that affect the base damage as the conflict, so you assumed it should benefit the player. That’s not illogical, it’s just not the only logical conclusion.

I think this is the answer. Wicked Wind does specify a new damage value. But it would be nice to get the Raging Storm damage.

1 Like

I agree with this change, seems balanced and fun to play

The problem with the way the changes are laid out is this;

Now twisters can stack 5 times with RS, however, the damage is not increasing beyond the 2 stack damage. That’s the problem at hand.

WW doesn’t need the full damage, it’s actually a very thought out design that works well. Have little to no control and do more damage VS. having full control and doing half damage.

Mäh, you are running the 4th Slot atm with DW in it. After the season the wizz will be even weaker. So having that god damn damage from RS wouldn’t hurt.

The way they solved it: Twister --> dumpster