One-handed scythes

In season 28, I tried to upgrade a one-handed scythe with the primordial ash recipe in Kanai’s Kube. It would not upgrade. The one-handed scythes have a unique new classification in blue identifying them as “Unique equipped”. Is this really a bug, or a deliberate action on your part? I have seen nothing notifying anyone that these particular legendary items are NOT allowed to be upgraded. By the way, I got it6 via drop, NOT by crafting it.

None of this makes any sense. This is almost certainly user error, from not understanding items and crafting. Read the patch notes to understand how crafting primals work, or how the cube works in general.

3 Likes

What was the error message ?
Post a screenshot showing the cube content.

1 Like

Patch notes CLEARLY state “any non-crafted legendary item may be upgraded to primal using the Kanai Kube” All one-handed scythes carry the blue “unique equipped” label just above the level requirement in the lower right corner of the item description. This has to have been placed there by the programmers. That is what prevents ALL one-handed scythes from being upgraded.

You trying to upgrade a yellow into a primal?

1 Like

ALL class specific weapons have that designation. Wands for Sorc, Hand Crossbows for DH, Fist Weapons for Monk, etc., and they can all be upgraded. It must be something else you are doing wrong, because that ain’t it.

1 Like

This “unique equipped” has been on every legendary ring and every legendary one-handed weapon since… since the beginning of Diablo III ? It’s there to remind you that you can’t wear two “Band of Might” or two “Solemn Vow”.

Here’s a screenshot I took on 27 Feb 2014 – check the Solemn Vow; it has the “Unique equipped” wording on it.

You can upgrade as many legendary one-handed scythes to primal as you want or have mats for… but you can equip only one crafted primal item at a time. So, if one of your armour piece is a crafted primal… you won’t be able to also equip the one-handed crafted primal scythe.

2 Likes

But you cannot upgrade a rare item to primal. The item has to be a legendary item.

1 Like

You type faster than me :crazy_face:

False. I have no problems upgrading legendary one-handed scythes to primal with the cube. You are clearly doing something wrong. Again, this is not a bug. It is user error.

Since you have not mentioned what, exactly, you are trying to upgrade, no one can help you other than give generalities. You are obviously trying to upgrade a non-upgradeable item.

2 Likes

He is attempting to upgrade the item while equipping it. You have to unequip an item in order to upgrade it to Primal. Just take it off and put it in your inventory first.

This is what the OP is referring to:

And to show that it is possible to upgrade a one-handed scythe to primal, here is a short video:

1 Like

Try that while you are equipping it. You are arguing a moot point. See my post above.

I have already explained it 3 times, and everyone seems to be skipping it and arguing about something else.

This has nothing to do with scythes. You can not upgrade ANY item while it is equipped.

I’m not wasting any more ash on what is a non-bug. Clearly, the OP is doing something wrong.

Until OP tells us what the error message is, and preferably provide a screenshot, there is no certainty about what the issue is.

You are always talking about people being dense and not reading, and yet you are and doing the exact same thing.

I don’t agree… your screenshot says “Equipped item cannot be upgraded.”

OP has not reported receiving that error. In fact, he has not reported the error he is getting… so we don’t know.

Yes there is. I already posted a screenshot and explanation.

He is saying that it says “Unique Equipped”. That means he is attempting to upgrade it while it is equipped.

He says he getting “AN” error, and that is the error you would expect to get when you attempt to upgrade an equipped item. There is no mystery here.

And there is no bug here.

Read his original post again.

He has not provided any information that could help with the issue: he has not stated what the error message was, nor the particular item he was trying to upgrade. Clearly, he is doing something wrong. What that could be is not entirely certain from the paucity of information that he has provided, but it is most certainly user error.

Yes, he might be trying to upgrade an equipped item. But he may also be trying to upgrade a sub-level 70 legendary item, which cannot be converted into a primal. Given that the Altar can remove the level requirements, it is now difficult to determine what the actual item level is.

The item will say Unique Equipped even when you are not equipping it.