Old Naming Conventions

well his title is Community development lead and someone at wowhead clearly left out a pretty important word. They should fix this but it’s not the end of the world i suppose.

1 Like

you enlarge anyone’s face on a 65 inch tv with high enough resolution image you are going to find them horrifying.

1 Like

Yeah…HD TV and large screen have kind of proven you never want to look too close! It does not matter if is a carrot, mushroom, insect, or human. They all look odd!

Nope. Just the paladins and the zons. Necro is a bit creepy, but in the good way. :wink:

well the zon actually got a touch up it seems. so now its just the paladin who truly looks horrifying and stereotypical. :roll_eyes:

you could also say the druid also looks creepy in the bad way. But im in SF and see homeless everyday, so maybe im immune? He’s a druid so maybe he should look like a crazy homeless guy who lives in the woods. since… he probably does? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah trust I will find a way. You can call the characters inoffensive words that are clearly offensive when the character is called it or just scrambled. Like g%ant_j^gs or g&ck_c&blin lol

(symbols are just for the forum)

It’s always been a part of the fun for me tbh. Couldn’t care what others think. Stupid offensive names are D2 through and through.

I hope it doesn’t effect SP. Was really upset playing let’s go Pikachu on Switch recently and realising they block names for your rival. So wet.

Hey im with you man. Political correctness is the worst thing to ever happen to society. It directly lead to the insanity that is the woke-movement and cancel culture. PCness is a social disease that should be eradicated.

1 Like

What I’m really curious about is how the names will show up for others. Will it be like in D2 where your character’s individual name is shown? Or will it instead display our battletag so all my characters appear to others as if they have the same name? Personally I’m hoping it’ll be as it was in D2, since I think giving characters individual names is just more fun and interesting.

1 Like

It’s not really the place to discuss this I think. Even if I agree with the sentiment. Will just say PC culture exists on both the left and right and I dislike either. Grew up on south park so I think anything should be the butt of jokes.

But back to Diablo names. I could also call my barb something like bulging_chicken_muscle

Same. I was definitely referring to PCness in general, not just the liberal side. It’s bad no matter what. But yea, ill probably get cancelled in the forums for saying cancel culture sucks. huehue. 7 days, then ill never return to the useless forums again so who cares.

Hey, just because it can’t be offensive, doesn’t mean it can’t still be funny :smirk:

1 Like