Okay so I'm Negative

But when you get 15 to 17 Thousand Legendary s , Then you get a Primal and it’s for a witch doctor and your a DH , COME ON ! whats it take to just get a good Drop . Just My Opine !

At least it wasn’t a Primal Broken Promises. :slight_smile:
I hope that complaining here makes you feel better because the Devs are not going to change the drop rates.
I don’t understand the obsession with Primals. They are not that special.
If you get a useful one, great. If not, take the 15 souls and move on.

11 Likes

Smart Loot ensures that 85% of the loot dropped is for the class you’re currently playing. This obviously means that the other 15% of loot is for the other six classes, so an average of 2.5% of your loot is for each of the off-classes. So, as someone playing a DH, 2.5% of all of your drops are WD drops, i.e. legendaries, set items, ancients and primals.

I haven’t had a good drop playing as a thorns Sader since I last had some steak… If you know what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah well, time rolls on. :clock130:

Although I have been extremely lucky in finding a handful of good, usuable (for my build at the time) primals, I do not find many and by far most are crap.

Red beam doesn’t excite me at all. “Oh some crap” is the first thing that comes to mind, unfortunately.

I’d like a system in D3 to improve items not by rng but by playing for it. Even to make the item perfect for my build, eventually.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m with you there… I really don’t understand why people care about primals that much. They are at best what? 1 or 2% better than a regular decently rolled Ancient? Maybe a weapon will be a bit more, because those max damage rolls make a bigger difference…

Good drops aren’t your problem. Primals won’t do anything for your build because you still don’t know the basics of the game. You lack the basic understanding of the sets you equip, and are missing key skills. You’ve ruined several of your pieces due to poor enchanting. And still you continue to blame the game and don’t even try to fix your issues.

Just looking at your DH: HydroPam59#1761 - Community - Diablo III (diablo3.com)
shows so many issues that it is clear you haven’t spent any time trying to make a coherent build. Primals aren’t going to help you here if you don’t understand the basic UE set. Hint: read and understand the set bonuses, especially the 6-piece bonus.

You continue to post useless crap like this, despite others telling you that your characters have serious issues. So you don’t listen to others trying to help you, you just bash them and the game, and you expect to be taken seriously? Are you really that clueless? Or just a troll?

This is perfect example. “Opine” is a verb. “Opinion” is a noun. Maybe English isn’t your first language, but you should at least know the difference between a noun and a verb.

“I OPINE that you are a troll. I may be wrong, but that is just my OPINION.” See the difference?

5 Likes

Thank you teacher . Opine> " hold and state as one’s opinion in Webster " and may all your Primal Drops make you a god .

Opine is still a verb and opinion is still a noun.
Look at the little ‘v.’ in that Webster’s definition.
You can have an opinion but you cannot have an opine.
BTW, I am 65 years old and read a lot. I don’t recall ever seeing ‘opine’ used in a sentence.
However, that is neither here nor there.
Your opinions seem to be based on false assumptions and your claim that 15-17K legendary drops result in in only one non class Primal is a gross exaggeration.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but the problem isn’t Primals.
This game has to much rng, and real bad item affixes.
The drop rate won’t do much, if your other affixes suck.

It is a Slot Machine. If you don’t like the odds, play Craps or, better yet, Poker (the only game of chance that doesn’t favor the House).

https://melville.thefreelibrary.com/Moby-Dick-LXVIII-CXXXIV/1-16#opines

Nor have there been wanting learned exegetists who have opined that the whale mentioned in the book of Jonah merely meant a life-preserver --an inflated bag of wind --which the endangered prophet swam to, and so was saved from a watery doom.