Oh No I am Stuck at GR 75

Looking for some help.

I’m stuck at GR75, no matter what I do I cannot survive in anything beyond 80 in a group. I get instant killed, every single time by even small trash mobs. Since friday, I’ve done about 80 normal rifts at T14 and around 25-30 GR at 80+ with groups.

Drops are mostly worthless and haven’t been helping me get any better. Set pieces aren’t dropping or being gambled at anything better than base. (2 Ancient pieces, both worse than what I currently have on) . Even worse is the fact that of the four primals I’ve gotten this weekend, three of them were on Legendary items with no abilities and not related to my class.

If I can’t figure out what to do soon, I’m gonna loose it. It’s no fun stuck running low level rifts for trash items all the time, especially when I’m still missing a few key pieces that just will not drop.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/DrPepper-11385/hero/116563227

I assume you’re talking about your seasonal Necro ?
He’s missing a socket in the amulet with the corresponding unique gem (Zei’s).

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY : Your Necro wears only 5 (FIVE) set pieces. Hence he’s doing NEXCT TO NO DAMAGE.

Get rid of the Ice Climber boots and put on Rathma boots, or else use the RoRG.

To add to the above, reroll the socket in your shield to Skeletal Mage damage, 15% Mage damage is better than e\the extra Int from a Topaz in your shield.

If you’re having no luck with drops, this might not help you much, but I feel like the LoD version of the Mages build can be made tankier than the Rathma version.

I got so frustrated with being one-shot by everything that I ended up running Esoteric Alteration and Molten Gizzard as well as String of Ears instead of Witching Hour and Rubies instead of Topazes for the time-being, and it actually helped a lot. The DPS is lower but still enough to easily go through GR90+. Also, you actually run the Bone Armor in the LoD build, which helps too. I notice that you have the +5 stacks of Bone Armor amulet but don’t actually use the skill.

Another thing you can try is to put Unity on your follower and use him as a damage sink.

Anyway, if you want to stick with Rathma, cube RoRG or equip the 6th set piece as huertgenwald said.

One thing that greatly improved my early GR experience with a necro was getting a templar, giving him the relic with ‘your follower can’t die’, giving him a Unity ring then cubing another unity ring. I sacrificed some damage but I stopped getting 1 shot in low 70’s GRs. That being said, necros don’t seem to have much really high pushing potential this season using sets. Just looking at the leaderboard and seeing mid 80’s as the entry point and seeing mostly ancient lance builds says a lot for this class this season. I’m trying an Inarius build and even with decent items it’s mediocre at best so I’m glad a made a WW barb to farm keys and blood shards.