Offline Mode will never happen due to one reason

I would love to have an offline mode for D4.
But I believe that it will never happen due to Activision wants to have mtx in the game and that wont work with offline mode.
Activision is pulling the strings here just like they are with their other franchises but I’m just guessing here.

2 Likes

Who is creating the game. If you are going to troll the forum put some effort into it.

regardless of whoever is pulling the strings, the micros are confirmed and thus a store and currency

gonna be online only

Online-only non-mmo RPG game with MTX and restricted p2p trading… Yeaaaaaaaaah… So hyped… I mean I can barely contain my excitement… Look at me go… wooho. yeah. … … So have you guys played “The outer worlds” yet?

3 Likes

Did’t they say they arr only selling cosmetics?

1 Like

First of all - it CAN work with offline games at it has been done before.

Secondly - MTX is not as much of a reason as piracy. While it is a reason to want online, it is not the main one.

Lastly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with cosmetic microtransactions.

Sure it would. Plenty of MTX in offline games. You know the reasons why though. They have been cited by Blizzard multiple times over the years and multiple times on this forum recently.

No guarantees on an ingame currency. Could just be cash or whatever the Blizzard account credits are called.

MTX games can actually be offline too. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is.

But of course D4 will have MTX.

The only say Activision has would be to place a bar for success, which would be a possible reason MTXs are in. I doubt they came to Blizzard and said you have to sell MTXs in D4 or else.

One more topic on the same subject.

The more topics you create about Offline, the more antipathy you create about it.

The strategy that Offline people are adopting is wrong, it would be better not to do that kind of thing.

It would, but it doesn’t really have any impact on the feedback itself.

1 Like

And this is great. This means they will have income from the game and will be supporting it properly for many years.

1 Like

Yeah, while I will never buy MTX cosmetics myself, I dont really mind it existing, as a way to fund further development.
As long as its existence does not negatively affect the game (like, not adding stuff to the game, but only to the shop. Purposefully making normal gear ugly to sell cosmetics, or limiting stash space to sell more space)
And as long as they dont have lootbox gambling targeted at exploiting kids and people with gambling addictions. MTX has to be “what you see is what you get”.

op you just typed out mtx.

would you take the time to spell out what MTX stands for and exactly what it is? thanks

I’m seeing less point in posting because everyone like to trample other’s posts.

1 Like

While I also doubt Activision is there telling them explicitly what to do, I imagine there is a lot of pressure on Blizzard that all of their mainline games have additional revenue streams beyond the purchase of the game itself.

Cosmetic MTX is just the least offensive way of doing that, since people have been saturated with them so much now that cosmetic MTX has stopped seeming bad by comparison a long time ago to most people.

Stands for Microtransactions. It’s an industry short for this term - not really an abbreviation though.
It means you can buy optional items (most of the time cosmetic gear) in a special in-game shop for real money.

Agreed. Fortunately, in this constant stream of revenue age, Blizzard has been pretty tame and has fought off most of the offensive practices despite what many claim and fear for the future.

To be fair Blizzard did basically kick off the lootbox craze. I know they weren’t the first to use them, but Overwatch was instrumental in popularizing it.

That said personally I think it’s good to always push back against this sort of idea. When we start making excuses for them and saying things like “Oh well this isn’t that bad” that just opens up the door for them to push it a little bit further next time, and then a little bit further, and so on.

and although Blizzard isn’t the worst offender, they have been following that pattern of creeping up and making it just a little bit worse.

World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2(limited to co-op commander mode), Diablo 3, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone are all games with MTX that isn’t just cosmetic. Though I guess for some of them “micro” doesn’t really describe it anymore given their costs.

Which I know they’ve said Diablo 4 will be cosmetic only, but Blizzard does have a bit of a habit of saying one thing and then changing their minds on it in a few years. Even when it comes to stuff like this.

3 Likes