Official statement about "Solo only mode"

It’s sarcasm. Don’t take every single word seriously, Jesus.

Whenever a community on the internet is small, people often joke like “why must all 13 of us be like that”. That is the meaning I was trying to convey. That it’s a minority.

2 Likes

SSF needs to happen i dont know why Blizz dont do it

2 Likes

I would argue there is no need for it to happen. Is it a desirable optional feature? Sure!
But there are many things like this.

• The game is going on toward 8 years old.

• The game is operating in Maintenance mode.

• The game is VERY unlikely to see any more great updates/changes.

And you all want them to create a specific mode with a specific leaderboard because you all can’t feel arsed enough to control yourselves, and would rather have an entity (Blizzard) make a mode to enforce your special conditional rules for you, to prevent cheating or something. I think that about sums it up.

News flash.

Players are going to shortcut any tedious or slow method by nearly ANY means they can in order to get there faster, higher or better than anyone else. This is a known fact. So it will be even in your special K version of the game that you all can’t imply any self control into.

I know this is a snarky reply, but frankly this horse is down to the bones. Before long its going to be nothing but dust.

Game on.

2 Likes

Without any raw statistics you have no way of knowing for sure if it is indeed a minority. Only Blizz would know how many people play this game entirely solo.

We will have to wait till those things mentioned in the blog on the ongoing development of this game are added to this game. Although I do believe we will be getting a decent heads up at Blizzcon of this year.

And of those that play solo there is an even smaller number of those that actually care about the LB
People can play solo and have 0 interest in the LB. believe it or not

WOW did you just quote Keyblade, then steal his line???

4 Likes

Again I still say that only Blizz would know the numbers play only solo. This number, when thinking of LBs, would shrink like you said. But you would have to ask how many players would care about a solo only LB. There might be more solo only players that would care about the LBs if they could compete only against other solo only players.

Me I am only concerned about improving my personal best, even if it is by small baby steps each season. It is still an improvement none the less.

hahaha

Apparently I did!

1 Like

Absolutely correct, sir. We’ll never get a change on that end. Probably won’t for D4 either, if there ever is one.

It would be a really great favor for us, if there would be a blue official statement about it.

I think this game would get much more attractiv if there will be a clean and official solo only mode.
That clan-alternative doesn’t work that great at feels odd to participate.

They mentioned in there “Future Diablo, Ongoing Support” blog, that some gameplay changing features will come.
I can’t make a guess what it will be, if it will just be the news sets, or another type of rift or whatever…MAYBE it is the solo mode?
Because that will really change the way a big group of players will play the game.

Anyway… thanks for the ongoing discussion guys! This shows that this topic still has some value, even if there are posts that has 0 value at all.

Blues, your turn! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, there really is a lot of interest in a D3 Self Found Solo mode. The participation in Self Found clans is through the roof, and that Reddit Self Found Sub is hopping. All the screen shots from the Self Found Solo clan leaderboards, the clan competitions… all this activity does merit some notice from the development team.

Oh wait… none of that is going on at all.

4 Likes

The vast majority of ranks on the current leaderboards are already achieved by mostly solo players. That is to say, the vast majority of ranking players don’t have significant mechanical advantages related to group play, as only a handful of people per class are seriously playing at the oh-so-terribly-advantaged elite levels.

Which is to say, that the SSO (Solo Self Owned) QQers on these threads are already failing to compete. They are already being measured against other like minded solo players and falling short. A mode that forces them to play the way they are already playing doesn’t change anything. They would still lack the skills and time to place on any leaderboard. The proof is in the pudding.

The solo players interested in competing are already on the leaderboards. Failing to compete is a #PLBKAC issue, not a mechanical/game mode issue.

I think their only hope at this point is to have a player base so divided that they make it on to a leaderboard just by default, just for showing up. Just keep adding new categories and restrictions based around your nubbish peculiarities and eventually you’ll make it on there! What an accomplishment!

This isn’t about competition, this is about getting a participation trophy. This is about coming up with excuses for failure. This is about blaming everyone and everything else first. The same low skill players would still be excluded from an entirely SSO leaderboard as they’ve already failed the mostly SSO leaderboard that currently exists.

2 Likes

PoE has SSF and Trade, so theres that.

Oh you mean that game over there that really sucks?

Yeah, no wonder.

2 Likes

With statements like this you are saying that the strength in numbers buff is really small probably around way less than one percent for all four players. With that idea even botters really don’t have any advantages either even though they play longer.

They have to compete against those in the leader boards that get boosted from team play. They get their high paragon levels faster, better gear, higher gem augments, etc… That does give them an unfair advantage. That is why they should be called the solo multiplayer boost leader boards.

You just don’t understand do you. It is about competing with the same type of players that they are.

This is like in the sport of golf. Now do you think that if you are not a pro golfer you will be able to beat the best pro golfer in the world. I don’t think so, they would beat you because they play more, practice more, even at times have better equipment, etc…

You will never understand it because you don’t want to understand it. Instead you just want to criticize it. Where you are saying you can compete. Sure if they play on teams like the others do. But that is not what they want to do.

How do you think that the hardcore community would feel if there was just one leader board that for both hardcore and non hardcore players.

It has nothing at all to do with willpower. They just want a mode where everyone on that leader board is like they are. Ones that play entirely solo.

Just think of what would happen if there was just one leader board. Where both hardcore and non hardcore players are on it. Do you think that the hardcore players would feel that they are able to accurately judge themselves against other hardcore only players? Of course not, they would be saying the same thing that those that only play solo are saying.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out. D3 don’t have a proper trade scene for distinguishing such modes and not get monetized, nor it will be after this point I suppose. If trading returns in a restricted system, then you may talk about having a self-found mode but forget about solo.
First of all they need details and design to separate those modes also they would need better servers to handle the extra load if there’s any requirement or mean to it.
My first idea is allowing self-founders to participate in leaderboards, while not allowing tradesman (buyer and seller) in it, but that may be a bit harsh penalty with only one endgame model. I bet developers would figure something better than me on this one if they had any opportunities.

If you have any hope towards trading (which they won’t allow because so many shady interest still out there) or self-found, just wait for news that they might reveal at this Blizzcon.

yes, precisely.

Im happy we agree you cant compete not because you cant, but because you choose to not do things that are necessary for you to compete.

if they worked for it its anything but unfair. The fact that you choose handicap rather than advantage is not their problem.

I see what you are saying, now here this Blizz. You need to change things where no solo only player could ever get on the leader boards. Make it where if a solo only player actually cleared a GR140 totally on their own they couldn’t possibly be number one. Where everyone on the leader boards has to spend around 99.999% of their time teaming. That is the right way of looking at it right.

Don’t you truly understand what they are wanting. Two different competition boards. One that would be the equivalent of the pros (multiplayer) in Golf where you have the ones like Tiger Woods of old. And the ones that are amateurs (solo only).

They are just wanting the same treatment that Blizz gives to hardcore.

Don’t you know there was probably a time before games started supporting hardcore (perma death) that those that didn’t want it in the game said you could always delete your character when it dies along with a whole host of other things, some of which is here in this thread.

Tell me how anyone’s gameplay experience would be negatively impacted if Blizz actually does make a solo only, either as a mode or as way of marking your character?

Will you play the game differently if solo only players had their own leader boards that multiplayer players couldn’t get on?

I don’t see the harm in allowing solo only players the opportunity to have their own leader boards and if it has to come by means of a new mode of play like Hardcore then so be it.

3 Likes

No there wasn’t. There was only people that were comparing modes like SSF to HC as a reason to add it.

It wouldn’t negatively affect most players. But it doesn’t negate the fact that it won’t be added. Maybe in the next generation of the game, where they can build something like this into it, rather than dedicate time to add a completely new mode to the game. Because I’m betting they aren’t going to bother with it on D3. And after nearly 7 years of asking for it and still not getting it, the message seems to me to be pretty clear.

Just saying.

1 Like