Official Blizzconline '21 Countdown

Blizzcon is a short 10 days away. I’m super excited because this is the first one fully catered to the online audience. I bet they’re going to step up the content quite a bit, which hopefully translates to even more Diablo 4 content being shown than we otherwise would have seen if they had to put on the whole convention. Maybe I’m weird but I can’t get it off my mind after the last quarterly update.

4 Likes

Official? Well all I can say is bring on the D4 news, panels and gameplay footage.

5 Likes

Official. :grin: haha

Nothing wrong with that. Imo, The December quarterly update was really good, as it looked like they’re heading to the right direction. So if BlizzConline can carry that momentum with at least some the following info, for example new class(s) reveals along with info on unique class systems (like a reveal on the Druid’s class system), some lore sneak peaks, additional updates on itemization, along with updates on skill and talent trees especially with the whole attributes unlocking skill upgrades function, endgame activities, and etc, then that’d be just great imo.

5 Likes

I could really go for Harrison Pink talking more about the world and lore. He was my favorite last time.

3 Likes

He really pulls you into his world with the way he describes the details, you can tell he’s super passionate about it. He pretty much sold me on the Fractured Peaks as I usually don’t enjoy snowy areas in arpgs for some reason.

4 Likes

“there is lots to talk about”

If we get 2 D4 panels on Friday and 2 on Saturday I will be happy. I still need to tell my wife to plan on not seeing me much that weekend. Post the schedule already.

2 Likes

I have it saved from last time and still watch it, good stuff.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see what kind of announcements will show up.

Blizzard usually likes to have 1 or 2 big announcements about new games during the opening ceremonies. They’ve also said they plan on having at least 1 major release per year(this doesn’t include remasters or WoW Classic).

With that in mind my completely unsubstantiated claim is that we’re getting a new Starcraft game announced.

3 Likes

this is something they wont touch this blizzcon

I hope that we get much more than just one new class reveal.

"Speaking of which, our next update will take place during BlizzConline, rather than in blog form. We’ve read speculation about what it could be and want to ensure you that it is something chunky indeed. Without spoiling the surprise, Iet’s just say it involves a new version of the campfire scene we showed you last BlizzCon."

2 Likes

Besides D2R and OW2 I don’t see the possibility for any other new game showcase at Blizzconline, but you never know.

Well my thinking is that Blizzard usually likes to have something we’ve never seen before to announce at the opening ceremonies.

We’ve already got Overwatch 2 announced, though I’m sure we’ll see more of it at Blizzcon and probably get a release date for sometime this year.

It could be D2R, or it could just be that they’re going to scale things back with everything going on.

I pretty much think they are full speed on D4 atm with the majority of their crew on it and they don’t have anything else to announce besides D2R. I’d love to be wrong and we get some big surprise, however.

Probably not, but one can still hope haha.

1 Like

if im not wrong they mentioned somewhere that they will save endgame content for later ( not blizzcon) , maybe in their last quarterly update?

1 Like

The reference was in the September blog, they did not address it in the December blog, so maybe we will get some news in a few weeks.

“Lastly, we have been hard at work on our end game character progression system. This important feature is going to take a little more time (it won’t be in the next blog),” :point_left: :point_right: December blog.

2 Likes

ah thats how it is, good that some have better memories.
yeah maybe we get it at blizzcon then, we will see! stoked for everything to come

2 Likes

I am sure my expectation are over the top, but this would make me happy at Blizzconline.

1. New class reveal (Paladin) with all of the skills and talents, also reveal all of the other missing skills from the three known classes. Provide this information in a format that can be easily reviewed at our own pace.

2. More information on the world and lore. For example, who are the Hunters. What other friendly groups will we come across in the world. Will any of these people help us on our quest.

3. More game play footage with the new class (Paladin) in a new area. It does not matter to me if it is a developer doing the stream or a player (or both). Just make sure that it is in a location with no background chatter. Rhykker’s stream was difficult to watch with all of the yelling and noise around him last time.

4. One additional endgame feature right now anything will do.

3 Likes

Release date what I want. No doubt this is great game. At least pre-order possibility.