Oculus on follower not proccing

Was working fine up until about 2 days ago when it just stopped proccing. I am getting Oculus from the follower (templar) 1-2 per map in GR (currently 116, non-season). I might have changed something, not sure, but I think I didn’t. Templar has most definitely Oculus equipped (well it does proc very seldom, and my char doesn’t have it). Templar is using thunderfury, so I guess even if all his swings miss, at least SOME of the thunderfury procs hit mobs. Could it be that lightning from thunderfury would not count for the Oculus proc? And he keeps missing his swings, so is never counted towards any assist on mobs?

Oculus ring is proc’d on KILL, not on hit.

Oculus Ring game guide:

• Chance to create an area of focused power on killing a monster. Damage is increased by 82% while standing in the area. [70 - 85]%

Followers hardly kill anything at high level difficulty.
But, OR is special. Your kill also proc OR, even the ring is worn by the follower.

Note that, pet’s kill doesn’t count, only yours and follower’s kill will proc OR.

1 Like

Actually all you said is not true, since

1. My main is zBarb, mostly I play couch-coop, have Oculus ring and it’s up constantly when playing in party (so I do not do any dmg at all)
  2. I play with Witch Doctor, Spirrit Barrage, which are pets, at least until new path, and like I said, Oculus is up all the time
  3. So you only need assist (touch) a mob that dies and that should pop Oculus
  1. The kill was done by your teammates. Try solo zBarb, see how often OR will be proc’d.

2. SB is wrongly getting pet bonus. It will be fixed in next patch. i.e. SB isn’t pet.

3. “You” meant players. So, the kill done by group counts.

1 Like

Patch notes, search oculus ring
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/20099649/patch-241-now-live-4-26-2016

Will now also be activated by your kills if equipped on your follower

the person you replied to is OP… up until now, it was only you and the OP in the topic.

Oops…my mind wasn’t clear…but my points still valid…(edited the post)
It is very late (my time). Good night.

It used to be your Follower needed to kill but indeed now it is an assist.