Nuclear weapon incoming: Hard cast rend (150 8: 46 updated BL + ItF + Zei)

This mechanic of the Pandemonium stacks is just ridiculous.
Stay alive, group huge mobs, kill a few to trigger progressive events, maintaining stacks with hits, not kills is a very poor design.
Certainly it is different and offers a unique approach, but it just flies in the face of using the character, skills-runes, and equipped items to complete Grifts.
I can’t imagine Bliz intended this event to provide this gameplay style.
It’s not for me for sure…

1 Like

the stacks go up to 25, i think thats Rampage.

Quite possible, the different icons/colors really throw me off.

Geysers do 200,000% conduit damage, and they can stack. I’ve stated this on PTR. No clue why they decided it was a good idea to have them go live like that and it was okay so long as they switched it’s kill bonus activation to later. Players will be just like ‘okay instead of 30 mob farm reset, we’ll farm 150, more stacks for us!’ lol. Albeit being more difficult and can’t go around resetting stacks to instakill all elites that way, it’s the same result on the RG.

I take it the meta we’ll see will be getting Meteors to spawn, then reset and skip angels and get Geysers for RG. The angels aren’t really good now, they die too fast, too unreliable and only do about 10,000% conduit weapon damage per hit down from PTR’s ~100,000% per hit. Yes if you happen to get lucky and have all 4 and they happen not to be derping and ready to strike the guardian, they can still gib him, but for 500 kills and that kind of Rng it’s more worth getting Geysers for most RG (the really fast ones Angels might be better).

As far as this AD manual cast meta, like yah not surprised it’s getting results. That’s what I was going to gear for as you will apply rends much faster to large groups of mobs than WWing plus doubling your AD. He goes crazy with those manual casts though damn lol. I had previously only done it on Oculus Ring / Physical cycle, interesting.

1 Like

This make the fishing job a strategy game.

BTW, you can try fire rend when fishing with (>140AD). Personally I feel this is much better than physical bloodbath in 130+.

Do you think it is worth manual casting with just the AD from Paragon? I’ve basically just been avoiding all AD on gear.

With >100 AD on gear, you can hard cast in the mob group center. Usually with >50 mobs. You will see the huge difference. :slight_smile:

As far as damage is concerned, as long as you have at least 2.0 aps, you will always do more damage by hard-casting Rend, even with only 50% AD, since your Rends do the same damage, plus you can proc AD.

You do need to keep up Wastes (4) by using WW at least every 3 seconds, otherwise your toughness is cut to 1/2 and your damage to 1/3.

Also, be aware that as soon as you start WWing, it replaces the AD-dealing HC Rend with a non-AD-dealing Ambo-Rend, so you get the most damage by HCing Rend 4 or 5 times in a row without WWing.

The real issue is staying alive, since most of your healing comes from WW.

1 Like

I thought 50% from AD override 100% from weapon so you do less damage (providing that you are able to keep 2 stacks on all monsters with WW).

Can you rephrase? I’m not clear on what you mean.

That Ancient Spear Rage Flip pull grouping technique works wonders. Do you remove any CC’s from your follower to avoid affecting the pull to get that consistency?

Yes. We do. Followers are annoying sometimes.

How does area damage from dots work? Is it counted separately for every tick?

Yeah, AD is calculated on every tick.

1 Like

Not sure I’m following this correctly.

Does 2H still produce the best HC?

If you’re looking at a single hard-cast of Rend, a 2H weapon is going to look better, because it has way higher base damage.

But, with Lamentation, you can stack Rend twice, and because of Ambo, they only last 1 second. So you’re losing damage by falling below 2.0 aps.

For instance, if you were using a 2H mace, with 1.0 aps, and no speed bonuses anywhere, you could only HC Rend one time per second. Meanwhile, somebody dual wielding could HC Rend two times per second, effectively doubling their damage, which more than makes up for the base damage difference between 1H and 2H weapons.

So, unless you stack a ton of attack speed, you can deal more AD via HC Rends when dual wielding than when using a 2 hander.

1 Like

yeah and i also assume if you dual wield sunkeeper and ambo the sunkeeper gets below 2 APS - which means you wont stack 2 rends when its sunkeeper turn on hit.

i wonder if someone maximalize Attackspeed gear and then use two handed weapon can actually break 2 Attack per seconds. might be huge number then

HC rend is main hand weapon only

I understand this but with dust devil’s applying ambos would you get both or would it over write the HC? I also understand each devil only applies rend once so if the mob got hit by two the HC would be overwritten. So my question is moot point. And I answered my own question.

? I tested hard cast. Whatever your aps is, it did correct amount of dmg.

Also my sheet aps is below 2.0, but hard cast is 29F. Main hand is Ambo.