NS vs PTR with identical Monk build

Just did a test to compare my favorite go to monk build. Currently in NS I like the Inna Reach weapon setup using the bastion of Will rings. So no convention of elements as I use the 2 piece Crimson with Rorg in the cube. The Amulet is a Squirt.

So in NS I use cold as it is the best choice for me. I was able to push up to a 138 gr. After a few fails I narrowly completed it. 139 tries were consistent fails. Then in the PTR I imported the identical character and pushed with the best element there which is fire. I was disappointed in the PTR result as the best I could muster was a gr 131. That result is viewable in the PTR leader boards. So a difference of 7 levels. A 7 level nerf imo is too severe.

I was hoping for a 134ish in PTR as then I can 1 percent gems to 150. Allowing me a sense of progress using my favorite build. To reach a 135 ish I will have to resort to the Shenlong build which I am not fond of or the Wol Lod which despite the high toughness numbers leaves me very squishy. I am not really skilled enough to play the shenlong’s so for me it is not fun.

I am requesting a re-thinking by the devs as to that massive Inna nerf they are considering. The split fire was fun so why not just bump it up to 5 from 3 like it was before. The 900 from 3000 ought to be upped as well. Maybe meeting somewhere in the middle between 900 and 3000.

In the PTR I noticed hardly any damage inflicted on certain groups. That of course is common when pushing but never in a gr 131 at my level and gear. It plays weak like most the other monk builds now.

3 Likes

They’ve overnerfed every set when they’ve been op, so doubt they are going to revert the nerf.