Now they are being sued by California

There i was thinking we could change the subject until we actually know more.

Orangutangs

Ah I see but since the Urban dictionary is made up by anonymous contributors I don’t accept it as definitive. People I know just call those people ******** celibate or not. I miss the days when words had actual semi-fixed meanings. Communication was so much easier.

Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone is “offended” and decides to usurp just about anything they can get their grubby virtual paws on. It sucks that I have to differentiate between a legitimate incel and a “mdern” incel. That’s just the culture we live in. Yes, it is harder to properly communicate these days, but at least it forces us to think (usually) when doing so.

2 Likes

I think it’s more likely to lead to a nuclear exchange than thinking. But your point is well taken.

Not at all. It is immensely supported by reality. You just dont want to see it.
Women’s right to their own body is threatened (and not going to spell it out because US have a unhealthy relationship with that word, that might trigger some people). States are outright abolishing their democratic process in efforts to limit voting among minorities they dont like. Plenty of others are threatened, both on their lives, and their basic human rights, because they dont fit into some narrow view on what they are allowed to feel, or how to live. New cases supporting that we live in this reality are appearing every day.

And these cases at Blizzard is just a small symptom of this.

What a strawman you have build.

This is my shocked face:
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What more would you need to know. The amount of information so far is staggering. Even if no more stories appear (and they will) this will take months and months to dig through.

1 Like

This is incorrect. The majority of Americans support voter identification (including minorities) and voting hours are being expanded in every case. New York has more restrictive voting laws then either Texas or Georgia and has for as long as anyone can remember. What is being removed are easily abusable practices like ballot drop boxes, ballot harvesting, and mailing ballots randomly to ineligible voters. Things that were almost unheard of before the covid pandemic and in many cases adopted as emergency measures in violation of current election laws. Don’t listen to the media read the actual bills. One person one vote absolutely depends on the security and transparency in our election practices.

2 Likes

That never exists. Language is fluid and one of the most fascinating things to study as it changes!.

Denotation - dictionary definition
Connotation - common use.

We all know that, esp on the internet, change is rapid. In the case of incels that changed years ago. Esp when they started sharing their manifestos and killing people.

Reasonably correct. However the key here is that ID needs to be FREE and easily obtained even by elderly, disabled, and those without cars. IN cities many don’t have State ID because they don’t drive. Elderly don’t have State ID because they don’t drive.

A fee to get the ID would be considered a Poll tax - illegal. Lack of access to places to get one, or unreasonable hurdles to prove who you are, are also legally an issue.

Now, I actually support free, accessible (maybe the post office?) means of EVERYONE having ID so they can access government services, hospital and voting.

The only reason anyone complains about it is that it adds a way for some counties to block voters. If they block IDs they block the votes.

The constitution does not say we need ID (although I get that is a good idea). It states citizens have the right to vote - and voter registration is a preliminary for of ID in that it checks eligibility.

Just no. I dropped my ballot off in a box at the voting location rather than going in. It was on camera, locked, and picked up. Oh, and the ballot was sent to ME, a registered voter who requested it and it was barcoded to track it completely.

If you think people can just put a bunch of bunk paper in the box and have it counted you are very wrong.

So far - they have not managed to find any organized fraud.

They found some people who submitted early ballots who died before counting - they DO check.
They found some people who used their dead relatives - only a few and they were caught - because they have death records!

No. Those were legal and that is why Trump lost in over 60 court cases. They could not find fraud or illegal activity.

He lost. Period. In his own words, he lost by a landslide.

3 Likes

First off this is waaay off topic. I can’t even believe they are letting open politics to be discussed here in the first place. I’m sure at this point they have bigger stuff to deal with to care though.

I know you are a smart person so I would advise that you take a small crash course in civics.

(I wrote a few paragraphs but have decided not to post them because this isn’t the place to be discussing this entire chain of discussion)

Yeah that’s why I specified semi-fixed as in not changing every other day. Etymology is indeed interesting.

Those aren’t necessarily the acts of incels and incels aren’t necessarily misogynists or mass murderers. That’s stereotyping and I thought that was bad. Has that changed too?

Absolutely and anyone having trouble registering to vote should contact their registrar or even a political party they will help you. Getting rid of them afterward might be a problem. :crazy_face: If you need a ride to a polling place ask around many organizations provide that service. Polling places are required to provide help for those unable to fill out a ballot normally. No state that currently requires an ID to vote does not have an free alternative method of obtaining one.

All states allow voting by mail but requirements differ. The trend has been to loosen requirements for years.

There was some organized fraud there always is on both sides. That and a lot of disorganized fraud.

The Supreme Court decided not to take up any of those cases because the point is moot. The election is certified Trump lost. Anyone who says different is as much in denial as those who claimed he wasn’t “their” President when he was in office.

Passed that with top scores. It was required to graduate from HS back then. Sadly, not so much these days I guess.

Find that for me please. Because the 60 + court cases did not specify fraud. They went into voting changes and if those were proper.

When you look into some of the lawsuits the lawyers are up for discipline for filing totally bogus and not factual cases.

While fraud does exist, it is tiny and usually caught. Like the Repubs harvesting votes in the Carolina’s that totally derailed an election.There were a handful of people, both Dem and Repub who tried to cast votes for dead folks - given our computer records, those were easily caught. Most were for Trump, but that does not matter. Bad is bad.

Accusing people in social media does not make something true. Esp when decades of voting analysis says there is not much fraud
And they can’t seem to find more than a few cases in the last election. All the wild claims they can’t back up. At all.

The US has one of the better election systems in the world.

Now on this we 100% agree. Hillary did not win in 2016. Trump did not win in 2020. Period. People need to get over it. Being able to lose gracefully is something we teach kids… not sure where that got lost.

You’d have to make a search of obscure sources to find it but some people did go to jail. It happens every election. One official is under indictment which is rare. * As to the propriety of the changes the Supreme court never took it up. That’s a different issue from the fraud. I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear.

• https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Bridgeport-councilman-indicted-on-federal-16347087.php
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/11/Harris-County-indictments-Texas-House-races/

Right. The stats show that is certainly true, over decades. People try it and get caught. But the amount of attempts is tiny and audits find they are so small it does not impact voting results.

Which is key.

Of course, stopping ANY fraud matters, but pretending the rare ones changed an election would be wrong.

Which is why the court cases could not cite any valid fraud - they did not have any. Just challenges to the voting procedures - while claiming on social media it was fraud.

grr… It makes people think the election system is easy to rig which it is not. The US really does have pretty solid elections, despite the faults that still exist.

3 Likes

There are a lot of undemocratic countries in the world, so technically, yeah, I guess. Looking at it from the outside it still seems like an incredible mess though :smiley: I really dont understand why people have to register to vote - other than for the aforementioned purpose of making some people less likely to vote of course.
That is just a crazy thing to me. Everyone should just be enrolled automatically (with a manual process for the few that might have been missed of course). As far as I know, a few states do something like this already?

Isn’t this mostly a misunderstanding on what people were saying? Not being their president as in “that guy doesn’t represent me”. Rather than denying he was the actual president. The latter would obviously be in denial.

Yes, making Citizens register is a secondary step. It is commonly seen as a way to prevent people from taking an extra step to vote, but now that everything is online that is kind of a moot point. It is SO easy to register (as it should be for eligible citizens), that it is no longer a barrier really.

Auto registration is not really widespread and it only applies to people who go to the Department of Motor Vehicles in some states. They can register when they get their ID (which requires proof of citizenship, residence, etc). I love that idea! It is a great way to ensure people are registered where they live. The issue is that some fall through the cracks esp in cities where few drive, elderly who don’t drive, or disabled who don’t drive.

Normally it is just rhetoric and false bravado - a way to express discontent. Sadly there are actually some people right now who totally believe all the conspiracy theories and that the former guy somehow won? Even though he lost by his own standards of a landslide and it held up in court.

1 Like

I’m going to disagree with this one, in part as to why I even brought up the EC to begin with earlier. Hillary won the popular vote, and not just by some squeaky margin that a recount could’ve possibly remedied. Trump merely got in on an antiquated technicality and we paid the price for it over the course of 4 years, including the GOP sabotage of impeachment proceedings. People had every right to be discontent with the system because in the end it screamed millions of voices weren’t heard because they didn’t live in the right states. The situation wasn’t even remotely the same this time around, with Trump 100% being a sore loser and inciting the violence he did.

In part, it was a history that was repeated through Bush and Gore. With the deciding state be Florida and it being run by Bush’s brother? It’s certainly reasonable that if we’re to actually discuss legitimate election misconduct, this would be a hell of a place to start. Unfortunately, Gore gave up too easily and the rest is, as they say, history. Granted, the internet was still commercially young then and social media as we know it didn’t exist. If it did, I imagine the discourse would’ve been similar, as the tribalism was certainly on display relative to a certain intern’s dress.

As for voter registration, that should pretty much be guaranteed at birth with same-day assignment for those who don’t have one now. Of course, this doesn’t solve other glaring issues like voting being one day instead of a week or the lack of a paid national holiday to correlate, as well as the closures of voting locations over time. The usual mail-in fraud claims have otherwise been a nothingburger even if I do understand why people think it’s vulnerable.

I don’t disagree at all. I have issues with the EC myself, and always have.

My point I was making was that under the current system (thing of it what you will), both lost.

Trump lost the popular vote though both times, and the EC by a wide margin the second time.

It was reasonable for Hillary supporters to question the EC - or anyone else for that matter. But she still lost under the current system.

Do I think the current system should stand, totally diff question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my. Have you ever debated a point? What you present are conclusions, not support.

Well, let me make easier for you. Name one major Democrat policy, just one, dating 1980+, that is beneficial to women or minorities. Just one.

Quoting his critics rather than addressing his message. If you pay attention to what he says, he is not “exploiting” BW; rather he is offering a wake up call. The truth hurts and there are adults who haven’t taken life seriously for decades than their long term prognosis is very poor. BTW, WW are the next most impacted and endangered group, right after BW. What he says can be used buy all.

It is the Democratic party - when used that way in a sentance.

As for policies. Wow…just wow. There are tons. Violence Against Women Act. Affordable Care act that allows women to get Birth control for free, allows equatable care for them and children.

2 Likes