[Now Live] Patch 2.6.7a Update

Is there going to be another balancing patch as AoV crusaders still seems very strong in comparison to other classes/

3 Likes

hahahaā€¦this guyā€¦

2 Likes

Hey MicroRNA,

Based on our data, If we calculate the Paragon Levels + Gear + Legendary Gems into account, weā€™re seeing AoV Crusaders anywhere from 4-7GR higher than we anticipated, even with the nerf. Please also note that this is an extremely low percentage of the player base that can achieve such a feat.

Weā€™re not planning on doing another balance patch for Season 19 but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s out of the question for the future to align it to our goals.

In other news, as Nevalistis has stated, weā€™re going to present a developer blog to help everyone understand where weā€™re coming from and how we attempt to balance the game from a solo leaderboard perspective. Look forward to hearing from everyone in regards to that in the future.

Thanks again.

27 Likes

So, what was the point of nerfing Wizards and Necromancers if you just replace them with another class thatā€™s capable of doing GRs at 7 levels higher than the other classes?

:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Will you share on what you are working for next patch. F.E. which skills, which items, etc. So the Feedback could be more focused and you gain access to a lot more benefical suggestions and issue calls. :slight_smile:

Next time can we get a proper PTR where we can actually, you know, test any changes properly before they go live?

This is great and all, but we need proper testing with any balancing attempts. Now we have to deal with Crusaders being about 10 GRifts more powerful than the next best thing in Season 19 and itā€™s NOT because of Paragon.

You should have also noted that this is without seasonal theme, I believe the gap will be closed even further with seasonal themes helping builds that donā€™t kill singles as fast as AoV HF Crus whilst helping builds that have greater and faster trash kill potential than the AoV HF Crus.

In season you are maybe right. IN NS I think that Crus will clear GR150 (solo) before season end.
It is stronger than prenerf Chantado. With it Chantado nerf and lamentation nerf does not make sense. Neither 200% on lamentation is weaker than Crus.

I have no problem with Crus at that state, but others class need buffs or prenerf state.

Oh thereā€™s no doubt that it will, but in season it will be a bit more inline and if it does hit 150 in season the other class/builds wonā€™t be so far behind.

But I do understand that thatā€™s only because of GR cap so if said 140 NS class does get close to 150 with Pandemonium thatā€™s not the true gap in power obviously, as Sader could probably do 155ish at that point just saying it will sting less in seasons due to theme and GR cap.

Well iā€™m surprised the team heard the majority for barbs and crusaders. itā€™s nice to see rather then them flat ignore it. hope they stay this path instead of just in general killing specs.

Lookā€™s like iā€™ll dabble a bit in season 19 mostly barb and maybe finally try necro bought it but never tried heh. thanks for all the work/fighting you did Nevalistis and others .

Seems fine to me having the sader being the leader. Donā€™t see why people fuss about it considering thereā€™s another class that has had to top spot for multiple seasons and in NS alike. I for one like the change of scenery.

2 Likes

Your point of view is problematic. If build is stronger it does not only affect oneā€™s ability to push with it solo but it also affects ability to do other things with it. For example many players are using it to farm EXP/Gear/Bloodshards in GR 120. It is used as RGK in groups. Majority of the time it is used in GROUPS.

So I donā€™t agree with ā€œextremely low percentage of player baseā€ part.

This is group oriented gameā€¦ I hope you donā€™t forget that.

That miss of 4-7 GRs HIT some of us really hard. And I could see it comming.

If there are no new set dungeons can we get rid of the others? Please? At least as far as the season goes, and maybe also the achievements.

3 Likes

That would be very nice, Matthew! I would love to read whether you have plans for certain caps and/or tuning of the paragon system.

If the D3 team is reading these forums itā€™s easy to notice that a MAJOR PORTION of the player base doesnā€™t want an infinite experience system a la paragon to return in Diablo 4. Imagine all these people that would return to D3 if you make the required changes for paragon and its interference with the competition. I wrote many times on this particular topic in the old forums:

Also, do you have plans to improve the Challenge Rifts mode? We gave a lot of feedback for it back when it launched (itā€™s an easy fix to at least add a tier progression in it):

Thank you and keep up the good work in D3!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I realize that it is somewhat difficult to balance the game. Unfortunately, I suspect that the PTR gives highly biased data as few people are willing to push their favorite class that received a buff out of fear of being nerfed. Poor data can hide a buildā€™s true potential.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually very good!!! Good work!!

I think the nerf did effect the Blessed Ground rune build of Heavenā€™s Fury. Seems about 7-8 GRā€™s less now with that build. However the Pig Sticker version is performing higher still, not the least of which is due to animation canceling with force move (stutter step).

Iā€™d rather see that aspect addressed rather than further general nerfs that hurt other ways that are fun to play the set.

2 Likes

Why is this problematic when doing those things is already possible in groups as long as you are willing to play other classes? Donā€™t you want DH (and WD) to be as capable rather than have to roll a meta class to build paragon/gem levels?

Even with the strength of AoV, most of what Iā€™ve seen is people are still going to farm on Barb for a good while, before switching to crusader. Thereā€™s a heck of a lot of aspects of balance you are throwing out the window, to cry foul because players who want to main crusader can do so now without being bound by barb/monk/necro/wiz.

Just for reference, note that there are currently (11/23/19) 92 people who have cleared 140 or above in this Era with Crusader, and 7 people who have cleared 140 or above with every other class, combinedā€¦

Hey Rage!

Based on our previous evaluation of Crusaders being 4-7 GRs above most classes and looking at the leaderboards, this falls in line with what we expected.

The, less the 100 people with over 8000+ Paragon (In most cases) for GR 140, is as weā€™ve said before an extremely low percentage of the player base.

Weā€™ll revisit the balance for future patches and seasons.

Thanks again

2 Likes