[Now Live] Patch 2.6.7a Update

Hello Matthew. Can we just get GR151+ someday?
So instead of nerfing builds that people really enjoy to play, u can just carefully up other. For example u nerfed thorn necro to the ground (r1 was 143 after whole era pushin) and now its only 133 r1 eu for nec, while others is doing 140+ only after few weeks of patch.

2 Likes

Why would anyone want AoV nerfed? I have played crusader for a long time on my account, compared to other classes, but haven’t gotten involved with AoV yet this season. It looks to be performing well on the seasonal leaderboards, it is in the push meta, seems many are enjoying it. Change is a good thing, and people shouldn’t be afraid of it. The build itself isn’t overpowered, not compared to a barb on the seasonal leaderboard anyways. In my humble opinion, I say leave it as it is.

1 Like

Hey jay,

When we create a seasonal theme, it comes with the intention that players will be more powerful throughout the season. It’s fun to have something different to play and challenge us throughout the 3 months and then go away.

The Non-Seasonal characters are the baseline of the balance for the sole reason that it’s a static era and one can advance through gear and skill.

The best part of Diablo is that no one is forcing anyone to do anything. If you enjoy slaying demons on your non-seasonal, i suggest comparing your strength and gearing towards non-seasonal characters.

Hope this helps a bit

5 Likes

well lucky for us there are so many different builds to push the leader boards and are not forced into playing a certain way

1 Like

I thought nerf Shield of Fury would destroy this build for solo, but that’s not what happened. Apparently, the shield doesn’t make as much difference as the AoV’s 2p and 6p bonus. If you want AoV nerf, okay, but thinking about the RGK version, I would like you to roll back the Shiel of Fury nerf.

1 Like

Afternoon,

We appreciate the passion and constant feedback around what we should or should not nerf and how we should do it. I want to assure everyone that we already have a strategy in place for next patch that will not destroy the fun and excitement of the set but also bring it in line.

Thanks again.

Edit: Not next patch, sorry. For the next seasonal patch of 2.6.8 for Season 20.

2 Likes

My concern is that you’re balancing around less than 1% of the games population, while looking the other way on steadily increasing seasonal power. If you nerf too hard, NS players may end up having to go seasonal to get rank 150 gems using bonus powers. That’s predicated on how hard you hit Wiz/Sader next patch and how much you buff whatever is slated to be buffed.

Bit of player feedback on stutter step after I set it up and played with it today; it’s awful, from a play style perspective. Here’s hoping you can get rid of that and clean up the cast speed for Fires.

Thanks for the response and hearing my concerns. Have a good one!

3 Likes

I will just come in and say that nerfing any build based on the seasonal leader-boards is so extraordinarily foolish its unbelievable. The D3 team came up with the seasonal buff which just happens to be extremely strong for both barb and crusader so tell me why you need to nerf a spec that is only doing 147 in non-season and is in line with the other specs? Especially after you destroyed every other setup that can be run for heavens fury by nerfing the shield. Honestly you guys are out of control and don’t listen to the community, it was specifically said early on that the nerf needed to be on the 2 set on and not the shield but here we are with more nerfs coming. Why even introduce a set if you want to nerf it into oblivion again.

The leaderboard they are considering is non-season to avoid confounders due to seasonal buffs.

The goal is not to nerf it into oblivion but to get it back to their target of GR 141 +/- 2 greater rifts ideally for the top non-season clears for players with 10,000 paragon and exceptional gear.

Honestly Micro, the first problem is even balancing around non-season. There is 0 competitive nature over there so I don’t know why this balance around non-season is even a thing. Put a cap on paragon in season and buff the sets around what you expect the ceiling to be and create real competition. This whole topic has been beat up since season 1 and honestly its mind boggling how its not solved yet.

There is competitive nature in non-season and for balance the seasonal buffs create confounders that differentially benefit specific classes.

I like the idea of an additional capped leaderboard and have proposed one in the past on the forum. My idea is that this additional leaderboard (the current leaderboard stays as is) has a modest paragon cap (e.g. 1500 paragons) where legendary gems are capped at 100, and augments are ignored. Players who invest more time will still have better gear but the differences caused by paragon levels and high legendary gems (equipped or used for augmenting) are capped and eliminated, respectively.

The problem is the up and down freaking roller coaster, every time they touch something it has a negative effect on something else. So you nerf AOV and ruin RGK sader which is probably the most fun setup to play in my opinion. But while nerfing shield of fury effectively ruined 4 builds in one shot tell me how that makes sense if you want build diversity? At what point do we just say non season should just battle for time at 150 and call it a day? All this nerf them talk all the time is silly at this point its been 19 seasons of just insane buffs and nerfs. Lets start planning and creating build diversity who really cares what the leaderboards are if you can take a run at it with the build you want to play?

I have never felt obligated to play the build that is most powerful. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. The history of this game shows that the top solo GR build comes and goes. The first two season were dominated by marauder DH, later static charge monks, later wizards, and now AoV crusaders.

Matthew’s comments on balance suggest that there are trying to get the top builds for each class to have more parity with each other. This in the end will help class diversity and make it so that one’s preferred class is not too weak (or alternatively too strong).

I understand that I played thorns sader last season because I wanted to play it even though blessed shield was clearly superior. However they are never going to have class parity because they never balance the classes at the same time. This leads to skewed leader-boards because the top players are playing flavor of the month so you never really see the true potential of the build that you nerf or buff. They are fighting a losing battle constantly nerfing and buffing the builds the way they are because they cant predict what the players will end up focusing on season over season. Let me be clear, I don’t disagree with anything your saying Micro and respect your opinion but they have been failing at this for 19 seasons. So maybe just leave the classes alone and buff the others to match the other superior classes. We should be able to solo 150 at this point, i personally dont want to group to farm 150 gems so why are we so afraid of seeing the ceiling? I can tell you with 100% certainty regardless of a nerf or not that sader will not be soloing 150 next season unless they release another stupidly overpowered season buff.

There are other metric that can be used. For example, Prokahn has “Greater rift efficiency” which takes into account clear times and paragon levels. It is imperfect but does control somewhat for player engagement on a per class basis. In general, classes that are stronger have a larger player base while weaker ones less. This will bias the numbers but we can keep that in mind when balancing.

It is easier to bring an outlier back towards a distribution then to buff 6 classes to match an OP outlier. If they were to buff 6 classes, odds are that one would be even more OP and the cycle would continue ad nauseum until GR 150 would become increasingly trivial.

1 Like

Either way the constant battle will continue because the hack and slash nature of the nerfs is getting out of hand. Paragon breaks all metrics of truly creating balance because a truly skilled player and there are many can do things that a regular player never could. So I guess we can just carry on this vicious circle because the developers are to afraid to make a hard choice and put a cap on paragon in non- season and a cap on paragon in season. How do you balance anything with a fluctuating variable such as paragon in the game, its just unrealistic and I wish you guys good luck.

No need anymore to nerf any RGK builds, they now run GR150 in 3 minutes without any RGK.

Just to be clear:
Mastery of a Set Dungeon is only a Champion Level Objective. However, if you play with the “new and improved” Patterns of Justice Monk Set, you can’t even earn a new tab slot this season?
I understand that mistakes can & will happen, but I would have thought that new content was meant to be played, and a go/no-go checklist really should have made it a No-go. IMHO

Just to be clear:

The new Sets do not have set dungeons. If you need to complete this for Champion Level (or twice for Conquests) then might I suggest the Raekor set or IK set as they are pretty easy.

So, I assume that you don’t agree that new content (new Sets in this case) should be played? If new = not playable, then what’s the point? That’s all I’m sayin’