"Nothing gets nerfed, only buffs since release"

And everyone should be able to do it automagically because? If you are playing poorly, you don’t deserve to clear high rofl. Stop begging to be handheld by Blizzard straight to the top. GR 100 shouldn’t even be considered high anymore, plenty of nonmeta builds can do it without insane gemlvls or caldesanns.

3 Likes

Go ahead clear a GR 100 with Firebirds with less than 1000 paragon and few cladesans only (max 400) and legendary gems arround 90-95 rank. Shouldn’t be a problem for a pro like you…

If it wasn’t for the constant class sets power creep (that some of you just can’t stomach) all the PRO players would be doing max GR 100-110 no matter how much paragon or what gear they have or how skilled they are…while others would be happy to clear a 90 GR…

So there’s gows your “handheld by Blizzard straight to the top” BS…

Then that means you can still hit up below the GR107 tier to push your gems. I think you can do the comparison yourself if you look up leaderboards to note down which affixes they have on which piece to push further. There are a few key affixes that you need to possess before stepping out of comfort zone.

That’s some ridiculous claims.

You keep saying that and after a while it loses its shock value.

You realize ofc firebirds starpact was meta build for quite a while before? It can clear GR100 no doubt, obviously carried by starpact sure. Delsere can clear 100+ easily without all those things. Tals too, Vyrs too even without Chantodos.

As for your power creep remark, I couldn’t care less if we were doing 110s or 140s. I don’t see it as a personal accomplishment if I wake up one day and can clear 20 GRs higher because Blizzard buffed my class. If it was up to me we would’ve nerfed bazooka and this crazy chantodos already, so that they are more in line with every other build in the game.

1 Like

A decent example is the Necromancer Inarius with Mirinae. To this day I am no longer sure which statements are accurate. - whether or not it is the gem overall? - or the combination of the gem with Inarius?? - or what?? It does not matter, I do however see that nobody can foretell the future or that at the very beginning of this game that the levels would be where they are. However, in line with the more damage philosophy, some nerfed things seem to be ‘un-nerfed’ as it progresses, so I’ll watch for now. There are more changes coming apparently, so nerfing I do not think is part of the game-plan from what I can gather.

All I know is that still the Inarius is not as competitive as LoD, LoN and other set builds and it almost was.

And my point is that way of reacting is not likely to help anything. Imagine you are Nev. You come to communicate that, yes, some overperforming elements are being looked at. You haven’t said what. Someone in the forum immediately assumes the worst and goes on a tirade. Does that make it easier for you to understand what they are saying? No. Might it be irrelevant if that isn’t even the overperforming element the team is looking at? Yes.

Ask the questions to have the right information. Then articulate your concern constructively.

I hope they nerf us all to GR15 and 3 difficulties. :grin:

The Inarius set interacted with the gem incorrectly. It was causing the gem to proc its effects WAY more than it should have been. Essentially bone armor tornado had a weird effect on the gem. So the cause was fixed and fell in line with other builds. As I recall, it was the set that was fixed, not the gem itself.

But yes, for a brief time in the Nec history, there was a shining build other than the horrible lance builds that, while powerful, are tricky to play correctly. That said, you can still run the Inarius with Mirinae setup, its just not as powerful as it was, but remains useful for some build variants.

To summarise I really like pepperoni pineapple pizza and I got one almost every Friday.

That doesn’t mean you never see me having any other kind of pizza! :open_mouth: :wink:

I’m happy for someone to prove me wrong, but I thought it was the internal cooldown of Miranae that got changed, not the Inarius set.

Mirinae was irresponsive to the skills’ proc rates, so it always have the 15% chance to cast upon each tick, that’s what made it overpowered. In a patch, Mirinae made responsive of proc coefficients of the skills used and perhaps added an internal cooldown as well. I don’t remember any deeper tweaks made to Inarius’ set to “fix” Mirinae gem.

You won’t feel weaker when not nerfed (regarding content you are completing), but you WILL feel weaker compared to new POWER CREEP aka buffed/overpowered builds.

And this is of crucial importance when each Season the power creep gave 6 more GR levels on average to the players. It’s good you finally hit the cap.

Nerfing is necessary in order to avoid power creep and developers should make their player base comfortable with it by making the game fun due to countless of build options a player could switch between and still feel convenient with the nerf.

In a perfect world we should never have power creep or nerfs. But if a choice has to be made between the two, nerfs are better than power creep for the longevity of a game when the said game is designed properly.

When you have excessive power creep it’s either a marketing decision (to sell new overpowered stuff - “Hey Necro!”); developers decision to fix stuff that could be fixed only with a power creep; or of course simply due to not enough testing and bad developers.

Sweeping a generalization from above, I’d say with a certainty we are going to have a lot of power creep in D4 if they make the game P2W. Let’s hope this won’t be the case!

Like “Greetings, heroes!” you mean?

1 Like

What is the point in having GR 150 if one is never capable of reaching it? Without power creep, most of us will just be doing GR 40 to 50.

1 Like

And that’s a bad thing because what?

5 Likes

Squirts is getting nerfed that neck is insane and not all builds can utilize it so it makes the outliers that can have an even higher gap. When I run squirts on my wiz vs flavor of time the power difference too extreme. That’s even with squirts being broken by certain mobs and affixes. At least Flavor of time can be used by all classes so it’s a fair usage across the board.

Personally I would like to see more builds brought up to vyrs level so we can start to see more variety in the game. Also introduce more LOD builds with supporting Legs since those are the most fun imo and truly play out what an ARPG should be where you can pick up certain items and make a build out of it. The whole play your way that they pushed for awhile.

1 Like

The optimal design is the itemization to dictate the GR level span aka 40, 100, 150, 500. In other words, the gearing process, should elevate the player’s jump in GR levels.

Imagine the steps you go through when building a character item wise. Each new item you find gives you a jump in the GR levels.

Let’s say a character equips 5 items until his build is complete. Having 150 GR levels to go through would make each of these 5 items grant you 30 GR levels on average, which doesn’t make sense at all - better just squash the 150 GR levels to 15.

On the other side, having a very rich itemization allowing hundreds of item swaps until the final build is complete would make perfect sense to have more than 150 GR levels of difficulty.

That’ll only happen if you take it upon yourself to compare yourself to what every other class and build is capable of.

Or if you know the game had some kind of tracking system so everyone could see what the top 1000 clears were for every class. And if this system, let’s call it a leaderboard, was the primary reason for many players to play in that competitive aspect. But yeah this game doesn’t have anything like that at all.

1 Like

Which is where you would compare yourself. It’s not like the game forces you to look through the leaderboards. You do so of your own volition.

The game is built around the leaderboards it’s in your face everytime you clear a GR you are greeted with your time and your current rank. You don’t have to go looking for it’s core to the game and is delivered to you in every instance.

Stop being so obtuse trying to push an agenda that runs counter to how this game was built and delivered to it’s fans.