No vitality build! - wait wat

lets first establish that i am a crazy person

with that out of the way, lets see how i am doing with this amazing build where i put zero points into vitality, and instead devote 3 points into dexterity and 2 points into strength each level. sounds pretty easy

lets then say that all my 3 skill trees are treated like a vegan diet. no attack skills, cross martial arts out of the way. ok, then we got traps, sounds good. no, cross that out of the way too. very vegan. shadow warrior or master? no. cloak of shadows? no. mind blast? no. psychic hammer??? no.

what are you going to spend those precious points on. burst of speed ofc. very nice ninja tactic. when thats 20 points, go venom to feel a little better about yourself on nightmare. very nice fragile snake. also no ranged. we dont tolerate throwing, thats for wuss barbs only. you will want only fire wolf or fire rogue at max to accompany

very good build. trust me. i do it all day on hardcore, and i can confirm i stopped fearing death. i am okay with my family perishing away and my dog taking its final breath

i am at the end of act 2 currently, i have 86 hp (it increases by 2 points each lvl for sin which, sadly, is inevitable) and duriel is about to pee himself. i know it does not sound like much to the seasoned, but every great hero came from a humble beginning. its fine, i will catch up with you

pros:

• wear all the equipment you want, no requirement walls encountered
  • high accuracy
  • high defense
  • high block chance
  • high self esteem
  • your rogue and wolf enjoys having more hp than you
  • cease to fear death

cons:

• cant think of any really
2 Likes

Back in the day I had a Titan (full str) IK barb and it was a blast!

1 Like

How will you stop splash elemental damage?

a lot of elementals are a mixture of physical, meaning they can be defended/blocked against. and if not, you can usually see them coming. so for those that arent… resists, thawing potions and antidotes are also very handy, sidestepping or standing back if necessary. andariel, radament, snake viper guy and beetles with their lightning, and horazon did not kill me, even though my resists could have been better this early on. get a good lightning resist against mephisto, a good fire resist against diablo, chug down some thawing for baal and you are set. might want to store a few thawing potions in your belly for when you need to run from mephisto, too. i tell ya this build is as meta as it gets

well… on a serious note, there is one more thing to keep in mind. i am playing very vegan. if i actually used attack skills, or just skills that can directly kill something, like traps, it would be a less severe challenge. i am pushing the very limits of my own survivability. i am sure if i actually allowed myself the luxury of using ranged or high damaging skills, this no vitality is not as far fetched as it sounds. risky maybe, but intriguingly not impossible, which many may have been lead to believe. there are many more myths to untangle. one could start out exploring the possibility that inferno is not as bad as its claimed to be, even if bugged. well its not, i tested it myself. works amazing together with blaze. fire wolf does still leave a lot to be desired, but the fire ball aint so bad either. sometimes you just have to try what people would never recommend, and see for yourself how it works in practice, maybe learning a thing or two while doing it. making a blessed aim paladin, for example, taught me that monsters carrying a shield can block your attacks all they want regardless of your accuracy

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2479979461

huzzah for no vitality build! huzzah! duriel the noobslayer is no more

2 Likes

with the right setups you can play most characters as str as str can or dex as dex can, or ene as ene can
etc…

Its Funny You Think This Is A New Idea

Speaking of vegans, I have tried a portobello mushroom burger that was so delicious. Had I not been an omnivore, I could easily settle into a lifestyle that had portobello mushroom burgers as a part of the diet.

:alien: :dolphin:

1 Like

hahahaha but… see what only discussion comes up when you search no vitality build on google? thats right, MINE! only mine! and then a single useless discussion about vitality vs energy, because energy shield sorcs :nauseated_face:

there is also one noob question that was not about vitality, but it got answered with:
“Vitality is an important stat for this game for all characters and should not be overlooked. The rule of thumb regarding stat distribution is to only put enough STR/DEX to wear your gear, and put the rest into VIT. Energy is a useless stat and should be ignored. If in doubt, drink more Mana pots.”
you heard that speech before. silly fool does also not know that energy can boost the effect of said mana potions. very effective not to trash half of your belt slots with mana. its not entirely useless. only a little. besides, the poor common belief is that when you reach a certain level, you have enough mana anyway. well, there is a long way to that certain level, and youre going to be fighting a lot meanwhile. besides, a lot of them are forced to carry items filled with mana boosts and steals to make up for it. very ineffective and wasted distribution of item attributes, if you ask me. i would pour my explosive/immolation amazon with points into energy any day, as long as i can burn everything to crisp without having to drink a mana potion every third to fifth shot

now! its your chance to switch your alien and dolphin out with :mushroom: :hamburger:

1 Like

shame, did a basevita fanazealot ~11 or was it 13 years ago ^^

That Because Its Called Glass Cannon
Not 'No Vita Build’
And Its Been Around Since The Game Came Out

so would a character who is no cannon just be called glass? :blush:

fighting the urge to pun…

No Vita Builds are not usefull if you really play the game and not get rushed and have a high end equipment ready.
Search for some selffound Guides/Documentations that will help you how to play hell yourself.

i dont play online, so i always look for equipment myself. i dont see how the game is fun otherwise. you strip away the rng, what is left of the game? the skills you used a thousand times before, and the same monsters you killed a million times over?

it all just depends how you play
you can get life charms fairly early and much endgame gear can be gotten pre lvl 50 depending on character

and with the right equipment, you vaporize in normal or NM mode, too
only that in those modes it is easier to be overpowered ^^

its because normal and nightmare have a curve starting low, they follow the characters range of level. but on hell, every area you go through is at a near equal level, split between areas you travel through and loot areas with higher gain connected to these areas. its essentially to avoid the many sidetrack caves in act 1 and the few other dungeons in act 2 and 3 from becoming useless late game, and to give room for different builds to pick an area where their skills and defenses work best. so, going into hell on act 1 you feel a sudden difficult spike, because it is as tough as act 5, and every exp area is supposed to help you reach level 99 and potentially find most of the gear you want, regardless of where you are. even if the elementals are much more in your face in later acts, the monsters will have terrible enchantments and damage suiting those similar area levels in the lower acts, too. if you are not prepared for it either skill wise or equipment wise, you dont have to rush into hell. there is also plenty of useful loot you can find at the end of nightmare, if you can tolerate the fire enchanted bug long enough

You start out a1 hell with arealevel 67 blood moor, 68 cold plans cemetery is 80 crypt is 83 mausoleum 85, stony field is 76
a5 nightmare ends with arealvl 66 btw and starts in hell with arealvl 80

and sorry but you find equipment to vaporize most of hell, in NM mode, too or stuff that you can put on before lvl 70 etc…
say you run a fanazealot basevita
you will mule items on him death has lvlreq 55, forti is 59, gulli, gores, loh, highlords nossi,herald,raven+leecher
all wearable pre lvl 66
the only core part you’re getting later is maybe a torch or a reaper’s at 75

as i said, they are split between places you travel through and places connected to them for higher gain. you say hell starts with area lvl of 80, but here are more similar or higher area levels in act 1 than you mentioned, for act 2 its stony tomb, ancient sewer and fake tal rasha tombs, for act 3 its arachnid lair, swampy pit and temples

the cave lvl one 77
the cave lvl two 78
burial grounds 80
crypt 83
mausoleum 85
underground passage lvl two 83
the hole lvl one 80
the hole lvl two 81
the pit lvl one 81
the pit lvl two 85

we are talking builds that are 0 vita
you prepare that kind of stuff by default…

and as said, hell starts lvl 67 not 80 and you can optionally go through arealvl 85 but are not forced to do so

i kinda messed up there. i forgot what i wrote myself. you are right about my argument that monsters are tougher on hell because of area level is wrong, you dont jump into hell at a much higher area level than previous times. but it does kinda feel like it. the damage has been pumped up regardless of the levels i think, in which case you probably might want to hang back until you gathered some percentage physical reduction and higher resists, better skills and more dexterity and strength. especially the last if you are nothing more than glass, not a cannon :face_with_hand_over_mouth: