No pickup radius on Avarice Band

Running rifts with a lazy necro, I am noticing that there is NO pickup radius except the basic. I have to take my character right up next to health pots to pick them up. Kind of negates the whole point of the Avarice Band.

Is the radius of pickups for Frailty and Devour only affected by the paragon setting?

I’m going to assume you mean this one:

1. You only have 470 Paragon Points (currently). And you did not specify where you have them allocated.
  2. You only have one item equipped with a Pickup Radius increase of 2 yards. (Frostburn).

I don’t know what you mean by: “…except the basic.”   Your Frostburn Gloves and Paragon Points?

Your Templar has a total of 7 yards Pickup Radius increase. But, if I’m not mistaken, our Player Characters do not benefit from this, even if the item says: Emanates. (Only the Legendary Power Emanates).

Avarice Band

Quote:
Each time you pick up gold, increase your Gold and Health Pickup radius by 1 yard for 10 seconds, stacking up to 30 times. (Emanates)

1. It takes 800 Paragon Points to max your Passives, except Main-stat and Vitality.
  2. I’m assuming you’re constantly picking up Gold during a Nephalem Rift. But, Avarice Band Pickup Radius only lasts 10 seconds before it resets. (Or you keep it refreshed, by picking up more Gold. Cosmetic Pets count).

Without more information, I have to conclude that this is not a bug.

Tip: If you still feel this is a bug, it would help Blizzard’s QA Team if you video recorded your experience and included it in your OP.

2 Likes

If you are running GRs, there is no gold that drops. So, the ring doesn’t do anything.

3 Likes

Thanks for all that! Yeah, it may not be a bug, BUT…IF I am, most likely, constantly picking up gold, shouldn’t that radius be constantly activating and expanding? Ten seconds is a long time between mobs and is only the case in really crappy maps. I figured defense was at least the secondary reason for the band.

I was figuring there was a baseline pickup radius, but maybe if I haven’t put ANY paragons into the passive it is 0 and so can’t build off of that zero radius? I was relying on the band to do that automatically.

I switched to my wizard and noticed the same thing, so I will go back and play with those passives.

AFAIK, Avarice Band only procs when you pick up gold, not health globes.
If you’re running Greater Rifts and not normal rifts, maybe that’s the problem, since gold doesn’t drop on GRs before the boss kill.

2 Likes

Mine works fine. Post a video of the issue. My guess is that you are taking too long to reach the next gold pile, causing the effect to drop.

2 Likes

I would think so. Which is why I mentioned it above. But, you didn’t give us enough information to go on in the OP.

You’d be surprised how fast the time goes. And the game’s internal clock isn’t always 100% accurate. If you’re speed-running through the Rifts, you (or your Pet) may not be picking up all the Gold piles.

If I understand you correctly, there is not. If you have 0 Paragon Points in Pickup Radius and no items equipped with Pickup Radius, then you have NO increase to Pickup Radius. I know this because, at the start of every Season, my Character runs over to grab a Health Globe or Gold my Pet can’t reach and I have to practically stand on top of them to pick them up. (Maybe that’s what you mean by “baseline pickup radius”). By the time I’m farming T14 through T16, my poor Pet can barely pick up Gold because as soon as I take a step in any direction, all the Gold on the screen gets picked up by my Character. (Not sure how it happens because I don’t really concentrate on putting points in Pickup Radius. Except Paragons. And usually that’s the last Passive I invest in).

I don’t really study game mechanics, so I’m not qualified to confirm or deny this. However, like you, I would tend to believe that even with no Pickup Radius increase, Avarice Band would still accumulate, starting with a Pickup Radius increase of 1 yard.

Keep in mind that, with the Frostburn Gloves, you DO have a Pickup Radius increase of 2 yards to begin with.

This would be a good time to make some gameplay videos. You may not need them. But, you might end up with something that will show Blizzard’s QA Team what you’re experiencing.

Good point. However, it is one way to determine if the proc’d Pickup Radius is working. (Until the 10 seconds expires).

Another good point.

All this time, I assumed @Fleetwood was referring to Nephalem Rifts and not Greater Rifts. (Perhaps I was wrong. Or maybe they’re referring to both: Rifts and GRifts).

Addendum

Just to give you an idea on what a 2-yard Pickup Radius looks like. (I cropped the original image to only show 2 through 10 yards in-game).

As you can see, 2 yards PuR increase is not very much. And to get a 10-yard increase with the Avarice Band and Frostburn equipped would require proc’ing it 8 times within 10 seconds.

I’m not sure if the 10-second timer is refreshed with every proc. If not, then the first proc may drop off before subsequent procs are applied. (This might be something else you want to test, if you’re interested).

4 Likes

Short video of Avarice Band in action. You can see the effect on your Details page. The bonus to gold radius will increase by a maximum of 30 yards, plus whatever existing pickup radius you already have. Once 10 seconds passes, you lose the entire effect and have to start over again.

7 Likes